FYI: Using "Saved Cruises" for Price Drop Monitoring

beg3yrs

I use the "Saved Cruises" feature in "My Princess" to easily monitor prices of both cruises I've already booked and for those in which I may be interested if the stars and planets align properly. I've read others do this as well.

I typically just go to the "Saved Cruises" page and click on each cruise's update button, see if there is a change and then go on to the next one.

Today I happened to dive into the details of one of my booked cruises to take a look at cabin availability and noticed that although the price didn't drop, Princess was now offering OBC.

If you're outside the final payment window or you're a new booking, that's effectively a price drop which you can't see if you just stay on the "Saved Cruises" page.

The point of the story is: the devil is in the details. If you're serious about looking for any kind of a price drop, check 'em.

Thanks for this tip. One thing I discovered that it's also good for is that you can get a true link to your cruise to send to a friend if they're interested in booking also. When I tried getting a link to the cruise through the Planner, it wouldn't give me a direct link but I was able to glean it from the "saved cruises."

Can you save a cruisetour, Alaska in this case, to the saved cruise area? I can't get it to work. I click on the Save To My Princess link, it grays out as expected but then isn't shown in my saved cruises.

Wow! My balcony for my new year's cruise just went down by $100 and we received another $50 obc. I wouldn't have even checked were it not for this post.

I've never used this feature before to track pricing but I sure will now :D

Thanks for the awesome info!!

Wow! My balcony for my new year's cruise just went down by $100 and we received another $50 obc. I wouldn't have even checked were it not for this post.

I've never used this feature before to track pricing but I sure will now :D

Thanks for the awesome info!!

You're welcome and congratulations on the savings. I've gotten so much good info myself, it's a pleasure to provide a useful post.

Edited by beg3yrs

When you search for cruises and dive into the details of a particular cruise, you then have the option to "Save" this cruise for fast and easy recall at a later time. You'll see a link, typically in the upper right area of the cruise details page to save the cruise. You must be logged in to have this option.

On your My Princess page, in the upper left area, you'll find a box labelled "Saved and Shared Cruises". In that box you'll find a link to your saved cruises.

Of course you must save some cruises first! You'll probably want to "Save" your currently booked cruise so you can easily check for price drops.

Edited by beg3yrs

Can you save a cruisetour, Alaska in this case, to the saved cruise area? I can't get it to work. I click on the Save To My Princess link, it grays out as expected but then isn't shown in my saved cruises.

I can't save our Alaskan cruisetour either, although the cruise appears in the bookings section of 'My Princess'. I'm hoping it will be fixed soon.

When you search for cruises and dive into the details of a particular cruise, you then have the option to "Save" this cruise for fast and easy recall at a later time. You'll see a link, typically in the upper right area of the cruise details page to save the cruise. You must be logged in to have this option.

On your My Princess page, in the upper left area, you'll find a box labelled "Saved and Shared Cruises". In that box you'll find a link to your saved cruises.

Of course you must save some cruises first! You'll probably want to "Save" your currently booked cruise so you can easily check for price drops.

Thanks for that response - I have saved 3 cruises to my princess, and all appeared to save successfully, but nothing showing in My Princess at all. I'll keep trying, but just wanted to thank you for your help.

Isobel

Thanks for that response - I have saved 3 cruises to my princess, and all appeared to save successfully, but nothing showing in My Princess at all. I'll keep trying, but just wanted to thank you for your help.

Isobel

Are you saying that on the "My Princess" page you don't have a link in the upper left box which takes you to saved cruises?

There are some ongoing issues with the saved cruises. It is the wonderfully competent IT department at Princess.

Are you saying that on the "My Princess" page you don't have a link in the upper left box which takes you to saved cruises?

There are some ongoing issues with the saved cruises. It is the wonderfully competent IT department at Princess.

Yes - that is exactly correct - nothing on the My Princess page apart from the cruise on which we are already booked. As you say, the wonderfully competent IT department at Princess!!

Isobel.