Thanksgiving cruise

cheriberi

We just booked a Caribbean cruise during Thanksgiving week on the Reflection & wondered if Thanksgiving dinner will be served? If so, is Thursday usually a formal night? I hope not, because we don't bring formal clothes and dine elsewhere on those nights and I would hate to miss turkey and all the trimmings.

We just booked a Caribbean cruise during Thanksgiving week on the Reflection & wondered if Thanksgiving dinner will be served? If so, is Thursday usually a formal night? I hope not, because we don't bring formal clothes and dine elsewhere on those nights and I would hate to miss turkey and all the trimmings.

We've cruised about 8 or 9 times over US Thanksgiving (Mainly Mediterranean and Hawaii) on X, RCCI and NCL. Typically the line makes Thanksgiving day formal night (if it normally would not have been formal night on that particular itinerary, they will switch one of the normal formal nights to Thanksgiving).

RCCI and X (don't really remember NCL :confused:) will have a special menu in the MDR that includes a traditional turkey dinner (how they get cranberries in Greece still mystifies me :D). But, in our experience, they will also highlight Turkeys at the carving station in the buffet areas.

So we do bring our formalwear and plan to attend the MDR.

Seems a bit strange that Celebrity would take a family, non religious, holiday and convert it to one where you have to dress up. I would have thought (hoped) that it was intentionally not a formal night....so folks could just enjoy the traditional food informally the way they have always done at home. That's probably why I'm not in hospitality planning for Celebrity :)

We started cruising in 92 and we always went over Thanksgiving week. The cruise lines always made a big deal and always had turkey and all the trimings on Thanksgiving. I can't remember if was always formal night but I think it was.

J.