Carnival Breeze vs Norwegian Getaway

CFERNANDEZ22

We are planning our annual cruise for our anniversary and would like help in deciding between Carnival Breeze and Norwegian Getaway. We loved the Breeze last year and had a great cruise, we just are not sure if we should try something different or continue with The Breeze since it was such a great vacation. Any suggestions? Anyone try both?

Sent from my iPad

I would definitely try something different. I mean I am going on the breeze now, but especially since the getaway is so new its a no brainer to see what new features are available. The breeze is new, but its always nice to try the motherload of a companies fleet.

Having also been on the Breeze myself, I would absolutely do the Getaway. While the Breeze is certainly a nice ship, the Getaway looks spectacular!!! Much better entertainment, looks like a better waterpark. Some things would be different, but it would be nice to try something different.

I have been on the Breeze twice, and the Breakaway, sister ship to Getaway. We enjoyed many "new" things on Getaway - their ropes course with "the plank" was much better than Breeze, and their water slides (the plunge) were really fun also. Their shows were good - if you have seen the shows on Breeze, you probably won't go again. Howl at the Moon piano bar was a blast, as was their improv comedy club performers. Food was a nice change. (even if you don't pay for the specialty restaurants). We got Vibe passes - but we went at peak cruising time - don't know if you would need that or not. If you want a different experience, I would try the Getaway. Don't think you will be disappointed! (if you usually get a balcony - their "large balcony" cabins are great - really nice-sized balcony to enjoy!)

Edited by pe4all

One thing to consider is the Breeze does either a 6 night or 8 night cruise, while the Getaway is 7 nights. What is the price difference for a like cabin?

Personally, having sailed the Breeze, I would choose the Getaway if those were my 2 choices. DW and I haven't sailed NCL yet, but we are looking at trying Getaway.

It also all depends on the ports of call that your are looking for (if that matters) and the $$ of the cruise as well, I did a Mock booking for a SPA room in September 2014, just like we are already booked for an 8 night/9 day on the Breeze for those dates.......I almost fell off my chair!! The Getaway was nearly 2X more for a 6 night/7day cruise then my Breeze 8night/9day. Plus the Ports of call did not interest me at all.

But if you don't care about the ports of call or the amount of days or the $$Price tag then yes I would try something different too I guess.

Sailing both ships back-to-back in a couple of weeks. I'm sure the price gap between them is normally much higher, given that the Getaway is only a couple of months' old as of this writing, but when I booked last week the price of a balcony guarantee double on Getaway (7 day), after TA discount and OBCs, was only slightly more than the rack rate of an inside assigned single/double (no single supplement) on the Breeze (6 day). They were both good deals either way!

Looking forward to trying both -- haven't sailed on Carnival in years (so obviously had to pick their newest ship :)), nor on such a brand new ship in NCL's case.

Edited by cityguy300

It also all depends on the ports of call that your are looking for (if that matters) and the $$ of the cruise as well, I did a Mock booking for a SPA room in September 2014, just like we are already booked for an 8 night/9 day on the Breeze for those dates.......I almost fell off my chair!! The Getaway was nearly 2X more for a 6 night/7day cruise then my Breeze 8night/9day. Plus the Ports of call did not interest me at all.

But if you don't care about the ports of call or the amount of days or the $$Price tag then yes I would try something different too I guess.

When were you looking at the prices? The pricing now is nowhere near double on NCL.

On the spa balconys Carnivals price for the Breeze is $1224 and the NCL price on the Getaway is $959.

For the spa suites the Breeze is $1899 and the Getaway is $2099.

Also I don't see the Getaway doing and 6 night/7 day cruises this September.

They are all 7 night/8 days so the Breeze has 1 extra day not 2.

Ports of call are better on the Breeze.

Bill

We were just faced with this decision. We loved our 2 cruises on the NCL Epic, but decided on the Breeze for extra day and better ports. Price was comparable for both. I don't think you would have a bad cruise on either, but since you already did the Breeze, why not try the Getaway? You will love NCL's style.

The spa would be far better on the Getaway, though. I sailed on her sister ship, the Breakaway, and the spa was so much better than the spa on the Breeze. The one on the Breeze is nice, but it's cramped and limited compared to the facilities on the Breakaway/Getaway. And really, if price is an issue, just get a regular room and then buy a spa pass. On the Breakaway, it was $199 for myself.

Hi all!

I'm doing Breeze followed by Getaway in May & have done Breeze/Allure before & Breakaway so my choice would be Getaway. It's a new ship with a Miami vibe, great entertainment, fireworks one night & has a very high approval rating on CC 89% vs 72% for Breeze. You can't go wrong with either of them really & it depends on what you like eg ports, pool, activities etc.

~ Jo ~ :)

Funny, I am also torn between these two ships as I begin to plan our next cruise (just got off the Dream last week and need another cruise to look forward to:) )

I would love to go on the Getaway(we loved the EPIC) but I am tired of the Eastern Caribbean ports. I really wish it would alternate itineraries each week and then I would be swayed to the Getaway. However, ports on the Breeze are way more desirable to us.

Thank you everyone for the awesome recommendations. We have been pricing and comparing both ships all week and would like to have this vacation booked by Saturday. The Breeze has a 8 day itinerary that goes to ports we have never been such as Aruba, Dominican Republic and Curaco. I seem to be getting a better deal on the Getaway price wise. We try and travel with a balcony since we have a toddler and once he falls asleep we like to escape to the balcony. My biggest concern with the Getaway is their camp and kid activities. The Breeze was amazing for kids and their pool area was perfect.

Sent from my iPad

also depends on if you are 'foodies' or not? we've done both Carnival and NCL and personally the food is way better on Carnival.. better flavors, selection, etc..

We enjoy the food part of a cruise very much. The food on Carnival was much better than any ship on RCL.

Sent from my iPad

Hi all!

I'm doing Breeze followed by Getaway in May & have done Breeze/Allure before & Breakaway so my choice would be Getaway. It's a new ship with a Miami vibe, great entertainment, fireworks one night & has a very high approval rating on CC 89% vs 72% for Breeze. You can't go wrong with either of them really & it depends on what you like eg ports, pool, activities etc.

~ Jo ~ :)

Thank you for the comment. I'm thinking we may try the Getaway.

Sent from my iPad

We liked carnival much more than RCL and we were not sure about enjoying the Breeze.

Carnival Breeze 2013

Liberty of the Seas 2011

Liberty of the Seas 2009

Mariner of the Seas 2008

Mariner of the Seas 2008

Navigator of the Seas 2007

Sovereign of the Seas 2006

Majesty of the Seas 2006

Explorer of the Seas 2006

Explorer of the Seas 2005

Majesty of the Seas 2005

Carnival Triumph 2004