Port Everglades webcam

TheBreedster

Leaving out of Fort Lauderdale in a few weeks on the Oasis and have been watching the Port Everglades webcams. I have heard that you can download the video of your ship leaving, but cannot find it anywhere online. Is this something that RCCL provides? What's the deal?

Leaving out of Fort Lauderdale in a few weeks on the Oasis and have been watching the Port Everglades webcams. I have heard that you can download the video of your ship leaving, but cannot find it anywhere online. Is this something that RCCL provides? What's the deal?

I don't know if this is what you're asking for but....on the Port Everglades webcam site..at the bottom of the page under FAQ it says that you can get a video of a ship sailing away....maybe you can go from there?

What you are referring to is the WebCam Wave, which can be reached through the following link. RCI has no connection to this as it is provided by the webcam company. This allows you to set up a "wave" with the webcam as the ship departs, whereby they will zoom in on you to be seen live on the webcam. You can then order prints if you wish from the website, or watch the video from the file of saved departures.

We've done it twice before and it is a lot of fun - especially for those unfortunate friends and family left behind.

http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/wave.html

Edited by leaveitallbehind

What you are referring to is the WebCam Wave, which can be reached through the following link. RCI has no connection to this as it is provided by the webcam company. This allows you to set up a "wave" with the webcam as the ship departs, whereby they will zoom in on you to be seen live on the webcam. You can then order prints if you wish from the website, or watch the video from the file of saved departures.

We've done it twice before and it is a lot of fun - especially for those unfortunate friends and family left behind.

http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/wave.html

What side of the ships will this be on--sailing Thursday and I want to be there

The camera is on the first high rise building after you turn and are heading out of the harbor to the ocean. You will see people on their balconies waving to you. You can also watch the webcam on your smart phone to see yourself.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

• 2 weeks later...
I sailed out of Port Everglades on March 22, but nobody at home said that they could see me. How can I go back to that date and watch my sail away?

Did you sign up via the link I posted with my response #3 on this thread? If you did you should have received a confirmation of your request and they would have zoomed the camera in on you. Otherwise you would have only been one face in the crowd of thousands.

You can find your sailaway by clicking on that link and there is an embedded link there called "View more Wave Photos" which will take you to their archived videos. You can watch the one of your sailing to see if you an see yourself.