Very Confused...

cdnphotogirl

I had a very weird experience with Princess today and I really don't know what to make of it.

I booked deluxe cabin on the Marina Deck in the forward ship and had the three for free and yesterday was they had a mini suite for $100 more so I call princess to confirm if I changed then I would still keep the 3 for free. I was advised I would.

So today I went to the travel agent and she called and when she confirmed she was advised 1. the three for free did not include the mini suite. I said that was not true to then I was told the deal expired Feb 28. I then asked to speak with a supervisor and then I was advised something different again; you cannot combine combinations. I said if she moved me up to mini suite I would not lose the other two specials and she said that is correct so I asked if I am willing to may MORE money why are you not honoring it. The supervisor also advised me that Princess does not need to honor misquotes.

So I said I would be writing head office to deal with this and I came home tonight and low and behold my cabin number has been removed from my booking without my permission I paid for a specific room and I have been changed to a guarantee deluxe balcony (which actually cost $100 less now than what I paid in September). They did not send me an email to advise me what they had done.

I have to say that I am not at all impressed with customer service at Princess. Four different answers from three people. They I question the supervisor and she takes my confirmed cabin away from me as pay back when I as a customer stand up for myself. That behavior is sameful.

Seriously, if I was not taking my mother on her 80th birthday cruise I would be telling princess where to put their cruise. I will have my Travel Agent in the morning to find out why my confirmed cabin all of a sudden disappeared.

Edited by cdnphotogirl

if you had changed cabins before the end of February you would have kept your promo.

As it now the middle of March and new promotions are running, your not going to be able to keep it.

Princess is usually very good about letting people upgrade and keep all the extras.

I'm having a bit of trouble following your explanation; however, I do have a few suggestions you might wish to consider:

Deal with Princess or a travel agent (TA)...not both.

Find a good TA who sell a lot of Princess cruises. A good TA will know much more than most Princess reps.

Many TAs offer discount pricing that you will not see advertised on their website if they have one.

Good luck...

Lew

First, it's highly unusual for any Princess agent to discuss your booking if you booked through a TA. They will normally not touch a booking or give you a price. The reason is that TAs can discount fares and quite a few do 10-20% so that Princess won't discuss it with you. If a Princess rep told you something, it would be general and not specific to your booking.

This is up to your TA. Other than an upgrade, they are the only ones who can answer your questions or change your booking. If you don't get satisfaction from your TA, find a new one.

I'm having a bit of trouble following your explanation; however, I do have a few suggestions you might wish to consider:

Deal with Princess or a travel agent (TA)...not both.

Find a good TA who sell a lot of Princess cruises. A good TA will know much more than most Princess reps.

Many TAs offer discount pricing that you will not see advertised on their website if they have one.

Good luck...

Lew

I called Princess yesterday to seek information. If I was told "no, the change could not be made", then it would have been the end of it. My travel agent called today and got two different answers when speaking with the person at the call centre. We then spoke with the supervisor.

I have no idea how to find a good travel agent that books a lot of Princess cruises so I used one near where I work. I had called Princess and they asked me for full payment that day and I could not afford to do that.

I called Princess yesterday to seek information. If I was told "no, the change could not be made", then it would have been the end of it. My travel agent called today and got two different answers when speaking with the person at the call centre. We then spoke with the supervisor.

I have no idea how to find a good travel agent that books a lot of Princess cruises so I used one near where I work. I had called Princess and they asked me for full payment that day and I could not afford to do that.

Ouch. I use a couple of different TAs and they have a special contact at Princess. They don't go through the call center. You really need a good TA. :(

seems strange as Pam said princess should not have spoken to you about your booking, thats why you booked with a TA as they have to do the talking and you have pay the payment to your TA and not princess

I agree with the others... if you ask a general question, you'll get a general answer. If you had given your booking number, they should have been told you nothing and referred you back to your TA.

And when your TA called, I'll betcha they tried upgrading you to a mini-suite and when that was declined, the category was no longer available and defaulted to a guarantee status.

Your TA needs to take care of this....

cdnphotogirl,

If I understand the situation, after calling Princess to inquire about changing your booking to a mini suite you decided you would not only pay extra but would lose your promotion. So you chose to stay with your deluxe balcony and keep your promotion. Then somehow your booking was changed to a guaranteed deluxe balcony and you lost your assigned cabin. I checked the Princess website and your original assigned cabin is still available. If that is the cabin you want, I would call your TA and hopefully get it reassigned to you.

UPDATE: Got my cabin back and Princess could not explain why the person did this nor did the offer an apology. I am heading down to the US on Friday so I will be sending a registered letter to Princess what I think.
Glad you got it back. However, it's possible your TA screwed up. Particularly since they don't appear to be familiar with Princess and weren't able to assist you in the first place. I'm normally a cheerleader for TAs but in this case, I wouldn't be as confident that this is Princess' fault or as quick to judge them. You probably will never know. :(