Historical Price on Northern Transatlantic

rimmit

Hello, CC'ers. Got a quick question for y'all that might be able to help out.

My family of 3 (me, wife, and 3 year old) is going on the Aug. 31 TA on Brilliance out of Harwich. Historically does anyone know if this cruise tends to drop significantly in price after final payment?

I know most standard TAs do, but those typically start in miami, tampa, etc. and end in barcelona, as we last second booked one in 2012 on liberty.

I think the jewel used to do this route in the past. BC it is a northern atlantic the price tends to run higher as it actually has decent ports, like Iceland. Just curious if anyone has last second booked it in the past.

wanting to do my first TA in Oct 2015 on Allure - Barcelona to FLL. Not sure when to book. I've seen free beverage packages in the past but now that I'm looking to look.....I don't see any "free" perks.

I was wondering the same thing......when do you book a TA??

wanting to do my first TA in Oct 2015 on Allure - Barcelona to FLL. Not sure when to book. I've seen free beverage packages in the past but now that I'm looking to look.....I don't see any "free" perks.

I was wondering the same thing......when do you book a TA??

I would book the Allure TA as soon as it's available to book. I don't think they will have trouble booking Allure.

As is usually the case, supply and demand dictate the prices and since the northern Atlantic westbound cruise (Harwich to Boston especially) is quite popular and has a large number of repeat cruisers each year, I wouldn't count on any last minute price drops except perhaps in isolated stateroom categories. When we did our first westbound TA in 2002 the prices were far cheaper than they have been in recent years. The price of popularity, I guess. Being able to visit France, Ireland, the Faroe Islands and Iceland on one itinerary and ending back in the US is an especially appealing itinerary.

I don't know about other categories, but I don't believe that suites (JS and better) are likely to drop.

We are looking into inside with 3rd berth. I agree JS and above not likely to drop. Supply low on that ship. Based on a cruise price tracker so far suites have been rising but insides dropping. But there have been brief increases in inside cabin prices.

Hello, CC'ers. Got a quick question for y'all that might be able to help out.

My family of 3 (me, wife, and 3 year old) is going on the Aug. 31 TA on Brilliance out of Harwich. Historically does anyone know if this cruise tends to drop significantly in price after final payment?

I know most standard TAs do, but those typically start in miami, tampa, etc. and end in barcelona, as we last second booked one in 2012 on liberty.

I think the jewel used to do this route in the past. BC it is a northern atlantic the price tends to run higher as it actually has decent ports, like Iceland. Just curious if anyone has last second booked it in the past.

I was on that cruise last year. I monitored the 2012 prices and they never really dropped. However there were significant price drops for OV and inside cabins for 2013 before final payment. The balconies and above never dropped. There were also no serious price drops on the cruise after final. I changed my cabin 5-6 times following inside price drops and finally ended up with an inside guarantee that was almost 50% less than the original price. I lucked out and was assigned a Q cabin on deck 2 close to the aft elevators. I was very happy with the location and have booked in the same area for a Serenade repo.

What type of cabin have you booked? Your choices are more limited with three people and the base price of the cabin is usually more as well.

I was also on the 2013 cruise, and I changed my cabin 5 times. I'm glad I booked early, and I'm glad I continued to monitor pricing both before and after final payment. I cannot recollect where we finally ended up on the ship. Great cruise, great ship, great itinerary, great people ....

Jane (from the duo Dick and Jane)

Chicago, Illinois

I was on that cruise last year. I monitored the 2012 prices and they never really dropped. However there were significant price drops for OV and inside cabins for 2013 before final payment. The balconies and above never dropped. There were also no serious price drops on the cruise after final. I changed my cabin 5-6 times following inside price drops and finally ended up with an inside guarantee that was almost 50% less than the original price. I lucked out and was assigned a Q cabin on deck 2 close to the aft elevators. I was very happy with the location and have booked in the same area for a Serenade repo.

What type of cabin have you booked? Your choices are more limited with three people and the base price of the cabin is usually more as well.

Thanks a bunch. I have already changed my cabin multiple times, esp. With the kids sail free promo. We are now in a K inside for a total of 3,300 with gratuities included in the price. The cabin will have to drop over 240 a piece to make up for the kids sail free promo. Did yall enjoy the cruise?

It was a great cruise. I flew to Paris for two days, took Eurostar to London and stayed at the Doubletree Westminster which was very popular with cruisers. Someone arranged two buses and a lorry to transfer us and our luggage to Harwich. The roll call was outstanding - be sure to join.

The price is excellent - tips are $504 and port taxes are $909, so the three of you are going for about $1900 base price.

It was a great cruise. I flew to Paris for two days, took Eurostar to London and stayed at the Doubletree Westminster which was very popular with cruisers. Someone arranged two buses and a lorry to transfer us and our luggage to Harwich. The roll call was outstanding - be sure to join.

The price is excellent - tips are $504 and port taxes are $909, so the three of you are going for about $1900 base price.

I think they changed the iterinary a little. It stops in le havre, portland, cork, klavsik, reyjkavic, and boston.

The port fees were only 151 per person with 168pp gratuities, and base of 1219 for K cabin, so the ports must be different.

We also went to Dublin, which must be the difference in port taxes. Anyway, you're paying about $813/pp which is still a fantastic base price. The cheapest base price (no senior or military/fire discount) last year was $899 for an inside guarantee where you could not select your cabin.

We also went to Dublin, which must be the difference in port taxes. Anyway, you're paying about $813/pp which is still a fantastic base price. The cheapest base price (no senior or military/fire discount) last year was $899 for an inside guarantee where you could not select your cabin.

I agree. I'm not sure i can knock the price down much more given the kids sail free discount right now.