Best thing you've eaten?

missy428

The pizza from the 24hr Pizzeria is delicious!

On the Carnival Paradise on my last cruise they had fried chicken tenders & macaroni & cheese, was pleasantly surprised at the taste!

Frog Legs from the did'ja menu...amazing, I love frog legs!

Do they really taste like chicken

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by missy428

The portobello mushroom and mozzarella sandwich with eggplant from room service is the the bomb..it's warm and delish. The crab cakes are also delish..not much of a dessert eater here.

OMG that sandwich sounds good! I hope it is still on the menu in November.

The stand out for me on the Splendor was the Tandoor at the aft of the Lido.

Everything was really good. There are a lot of Indian chefs on board so they make it all perfectly

I'm so excited to try the Tandoor. I'm still a bit of an Indian food newbie and I can't wait to sample all new foods.

Key lime pie.... was never a fan until I had it on CCL! Also I always have to have a Rueben from the deli....soooo good. Honestly, I'm a foodie so whatever I'm eating at the moment is my fav until it's gone;) But I can always order more:D

I'be been doing research for my Splendor cruise in August and I'm excited about Carnival's free offerings in the MDR and at the a rotisserie and brunch and so on it's a bit overwhelming. So what's the best thing you've eaten on the Splendor or any other ship, where did you get it, and when?

Great question! My husband and I are also going on the splendor in August. It's our first cruise and I don't want to miss anything! Can't wait to read everyone's suggestions.

Splendor had good pot roast at the lunch buffet one day. I DETEST meat that has even a sliver of fat on it, but this meat was very very good and very tender and the gravy was to die for! I am sure it varies from cruise to cruise depending on the "quality" of the meat they get that sailing, but if you are a fan of pot roast, check it out! ;);)

Splendor had good pot roast at the lunch buffet one day. I DETEST meat that has even a sliver of fat on it, but this meat was very very good and very tender and the gravy was to die for! I am sure it varies from cruise to cruise depending on the "quality" of the meat they get that sailing, but if you are a fan of pot roast, check it out! ;);)

Eh, I actually don't have a high opinion of the pot roast. The stuff I make in the crock pot at home is far superior. :D When compared to golden corral pot roast it is inferior. Now, the stuff at the rotisserie station is good with exception of the chicken. The carved turkey and roast beef is great as are the mashed potatoes.

I am curious about Guys burgers, the New York Times have his recent restaurant opening here in the city a scathing review, I wonder if the critic just didn't like him or if his food really doesn't live up to his name

I'm glad the seafood offerings are good, I loooooooove seafood :)

Guy's burgers were juicy and fresh when I had them on the glory and the fries were even better. Definitely a step up from fast food or the frozen patties they have on the ships without a guy's. The toppings were good also. For it being a free option, it was fine. I do prefer the blue iguana cantina on the ships that have both. I guess it's a reputation thing when it comes to guy's. I find most of the seafood to be decent or better. I like salmon and good, fresh shrimp so I am happy how carnival handles that. They usually have a nice cedar grilled salmon on the mdr menu at least a few nights and it is good most of the time. If you like fresh seafood there is plenty of variety. The only fish I find nasty is the tilapia on the main buffet spread. Not very good at all. The wok even has mussels one day as an offering along with shrimp, calamari and salmon on other days. Plenty to choose from. Have fun!

Edited by FlyingCruiserNJ

Eh, I actually don't have a high opinion of the pot roast. The stuff I make in the crock pot at home is far superior. :D When compared to golden corral pot roast it is inferior. Now, the stuff at the rotisserie station is good with exception of the chicken. The carved turkey and roast beef is great as are the mashed potatoes.

LOL....that's why I said the pot roast might depend on the cruise...maybe our week they just had a good cut of meat! :D;) I always went up to the rottiserie for the mac and cheese. Put additional cheese on it and some bacon bits too! ;);)

The stand out for me on the Splendor was the Tandoor at the aft of the Lido.

Everything was really good. There are a lot of Indian chefs on board so they make it all perfectly

This exactly! I loved eating here everyday & would be pissed when it was closed lol chefs table is also excellent & popovers at late brunch...ask for powdered sugar on the side.

• 3 weeks later...

Any suggestions on whether or not to do the steakhouse on a 4 day cruise? I don't mind spending the money but is it worth it when the MDR has such a good rep? I don't want to miss anything! Should have booked a longer cruise...

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

Bagel with lox (smoked salmon) and cream cheese. It's available at breakfast in the MDR, and at one of the deli stations for lunch as a sandwich.

I can't justify the price of smoked salmon at home, since I'm the only one eating it... so enjoy it every day while we cruise.

I have always enjoyed the food on my Carnival cruises.

What I have really liked, was the Indian vegetarian main course they used to serve on the first night in the MDR up until about 3 or 4 years ago. I have also enjoyed the tandoor grille food on the Freedom 4 year ago.

I really have had nothing bad, except once the fried oysters from the fish and chip place were borderline rancid. But I do like the bouillabaisse and the fritter and ceviche from there.

I love the room service breakfast croissansts, fruit and coffee. I also love the room service chicken fajita sandwich.

I like the caesar salad in the MDR I like most of the soups that I have had.

I also love the MDR desserts, except for WCMC. I like the orange cake, lemon cake, coconut cake, creme brulee, and the cheese plate (with a glass of port wine).

I love the bagel and lox from the deli as well, and the reuben.

much more, I could go on, but these are what stick out in my memory.

Do they really taste like chicken

I know it's been a while since you posted, but what sailing are you on In August?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

Edited by jimbo5544

I know it's been a while since you posted, but what sailing are you on In August?

Carnival Splendor 8 days eastern Carib leaving 8/12. My whole fam (gotta be at least 20 of us) is going. It should be fun

Carnival Splendor 8 days eastern Carib leaving 8/12. My whole fam (gotta be at least 20 of us) is going. It should be fun

We are on the cruise before you. Was going to invite you to the roll call.

We are on the cruise before you. Was going to invite you to the roll call.

I joined mine, but i found out Carnival doesn't have meet and greets like NCL :(