Unlimited Soda Package question - Getaway

asdjl

Hello all,

I apologize if this has been covered before, but I am starting to get confused, I think I am becoming the victim of too much research, lol

I am cruising with my 3 kids on the getaway, I plan to get us all the unlimited soda package, however, as I was reading, it seems that the package only works in the bars? Is that correct?

If I were to order a diet coke/pepsi at dinner and the kids lemonade, is that part of the package or not?

Also, I thought I had read somewhere that they had those coke machines where you had hundreds of choices and could fill up by swiping your card, does anyone know anything about that?

We really don't drink that much, so I was also considering just bringing on our own bottled water and some soda for me? What's the best way to accomplish this? I have heard you bring the case of water and put a sticker with your name and cabin number on it?

Thanks in advance!

I am cruising with my 3 kids on the getaway, I plan to get us all the unlimited soda package, however, as I was reading, it seems that the package only works in the bars? Is that correct?

If I were to order a diet coke/pepsi at dinner and the kids lemonade, is that part of the package or not?

Soda package works everywhere where you can get a fountain drink, meaning in bars and restaurants. Sodas from the minibar in your cabin is not included.

Hello all,

Also, I thought I had read somewhere that they had those coke machines where you had hundreds of choices and could fill up by swiping your card, does anyone know anything about that?

We really don't drink that much, so I was also considering just bringing on our own bottled water and some soda for me? What's the best way to accomplish this? I have heard you bring the case of water and put a sticker with your name and cabin number on it?

Thanks in advance!

When considering the soft drink package, keep in mind the lemonade is provided at no charge in the dining locations. Sodas are $2.10 (plus 15% gratuity) throughout the ship. The soft drink packages are $4.50 times the number of days in your cruise plus 15% gratuity for kids 12 and under, $6.50 times cruise days plus gratuity for 13 and over. So to break even you need to average a little over 2 sodas per day for kids, and a little over 3 per day for teens & adults.

The Coke Freestyle machines you mention are only found on some of the Royal Caribbean Ships, NCL uses Pepsi products.

As for brining your own water and soda, many folks do. Make sure you declare it at security when you first check in. Personally, although I love to save money and have my favorite soda, I think I hate dragging around heavy cases more (Remeber a gallon of water weighs ~8 1/3 pounds).

It works in he dining room, room service and at any bar on ship.

I think it's worth it

Has this changed? I seem to recall that getting soda from room service was not included, same as the mini-bar.

It's definitely included from bars and in the dining room. The buffet can sometimes be tough to find someone to serve you, but it's included there too.

Hey gang. Does NCL have a bottled water package. I don't drink alcohol so will be drinking water, sodas, and iced tea. Thanks for any info.

P.S. This will be my 1st time on NCL

hope i can ask this here we are doing our first NCL cruise in two weeks and our kids are not huge soda drinkers and I am wondering if Milk, juice and/or lemonade are free or is there a package to purchase these items.

tia

hope i can ask this here we are doing our first NCL cruise in two weeks and our kids are not huge soda drinkers and I am wondering if Milk, juice and/or lemonade are free or is there a package to purchase these items.

tia

Milk,lemonade, iced tea, what they call "juice" and flavored water are at no extra charge. Juices are mostly limited to breakfast serving times.

Edited by bakerintn

• 1 year later...
What juices are available with the juice upgrade....for $3 a day, I think.

Hi,

Can anyone confirm if you can upgrade the kids soda package to include juices?? If so, is it still $3 per day extra?

Thanks.

tia

Complimentary beverages are tap water, iced tea, hot tea and coffee.

Milk and some juices are available at breakfast. Other beverages at other times are for a fee.

You can purchase a bottled water package onboard or a soda package pre cruise for your entire party or onboard for specific members of your party.

What juices are available with the juice upgrade....for $3 a day, I think.

Perhaps you're thinking of another cruise line. I haven't seen any such offering from NCL. UBP, Soda package or bottled water packages are the only non alcoholic beverage packages I've seen (UBP has non alcoholic and alcoholic options).