Being lied to by NCL PPC?

tsio360

Four of us booked two ocean view cabins on the Dawn for April 6th. The price of balcony cabins is now down to the price of our ocean view cabins. I checked online and there is plenty of cabins available. When I called my PPC asking about an upgrade he told me the cruise was sold out. Why would he lie to me? How do I request a different PPC? Am I better off using a travel agent instead of dealing directly with NCL? This will be our 5th cruise with NCL.

On the sailing I just returned from, I needed to book a cabin for my daughter last minute (a week or so before sailing). While all categories from inside thru mini suite showed as available, they actually were not available, due to unassigned guarantees, and rooms held for CAS, etc. When it came down to it, I was able to book her in the last available OV cabin. By the time they were finished assigning guarantees the next day, etc, there was nothing left. So even though they showed cabins for sale, there was only one cabin left on the entire sailing after all.

So in your case they might be currently assigning the guarantees today, if the availability is fluctuating and the agents are seeing everything pulled from inventory. Check again tomorrow and give them a call, as things may open up after assignments.

Robin

That's odd. I'm on the Dawn on 3/30 (not the same date, I realize, but same circumstance) and just today we upgraded for free from a regular balcony cabin to a mid-ship mini-suite because the price has dropped.

I'd call back and just talk to the person who answers.

I agree with trying again tomorrow. Do a mock booking first and see what happens. My husband was online a little bit ago and was looking for a cabin in a couple weeks. One minute it said there were cabins available and the next it said there were none. So your PCCs screen may just be telling him/her that there is nothing at this moment

It seems odd that the prices keep falling on a sold out cruise. They are showing at least 20 cabins available online. If someone were to book two cabins online what happens if the cruise truly is sold out?

I called and inquired as to cabin availability and it seems there are balcony cabins available. I left a message for my PCC asking why it shows availability online when he told me it was sold out. Waiting for a call back.

I called and inquired as to cabin availability and it seems there are balcony cabins available. I left a message for my PCC asking why it shows availability online when he told me it was sold out. Waiting for a call back.

You could "book" one doing a 24 hour hold and then call your PCC with the reservation number. Assuming the system actually has cabins open.

He lied because he is a sales person trying to sell something

Not saying all sales people lie but they might in order to make the sale

With that logic he'd be an awful sales person.....

Why wouldn't he sell me an upgrade? I talked to him two weeks ago and at that time he offered to upgrade from an ocean view to a balcony for $100pp. He told me to call him back in two weeks and maybe the prices would drop more. Based on current rates this week it should be close to $50pp to upgrade. I was ready to go for it when I called he told me they were sold out.

Do PCC work on commission? I know TA's do. Would I get better deals and better service from a TA? We have taken 7 cruises, 5 with NCL and plan on at least one cruise a year for the foreseeable future. Seems someone would be happy to have my business.

He lied because he is a sales person trying to sell something

Not saying all sales people lie but they might in order to make the sale

Not only was that a bit "rough", but illogical.

The OP indicated he was UNABLE to BUY something - meaning the salesperson was not selling anything.

Geez.

Edited by garycarla

Called NCL today. My PCC was not in, I talked to a helpful young lady who was able to up grade us to a family balcony for only 45 per room. Now that's a bargain I could not refuse. Can't wait only 18 days to go.

Four of us booked two ocean view cabins on the Dawn for April 6th. The price of balcony cabins is now down to the price of our ocean view cabins. I checked online and there is plenty of cabins available. When I called my PPC asking about an upgrade he told me the cruise was sold out. Why would he lie to me? How do I request a different PPC? Am I better off using a travel agent instead of dealing directly with NCL? This will be our 5th cruise with NCL.

I am partial, but I always say, use a TA. If nothing else they often give perks and they charge nothing or maybe a min fee of $20.00 or something. They get their money from commissions.

I just would like to mention this regarding upgrades and cabin categories being sold out:

Last year I had booked a balcony cabin on the Epic, and then about a month before the cruise date, I noticed that they were offering a Haven Spa suite for just a few hundred dollars extra p.p. I did a "mock" booking to see details about the suite, and then send an e-mail to my PCC telling her that I wanted that suite.

She came back to me shortly and told me that all the suites were gone, unfortunately. And then I said to her that the suite was available for booking just a few minutes earlier. I tried to do a new "mock" booking, and this time the suite category came up as "sold out". Luckily I remembered the cabin number for the suite I had been looking at, so I asked my PCC to double-check to see if it was really booked for somebody else - I suspected that it was my "mock" booking that was holding it for a certain amount of time. She came back to me, and said kind of "puzzled" that when she typed in the cabin no. there was NO booking on that particular suite. I asked her to please check on it regularly for the next hour or so - and "suddenly" the suite was free to be booked.

We both agreed that the only explanation was that the "mock" booking I did earlier that day was actually "holding" the suite for close to 1 1/2 hour instead of the normal "30 minutes" that it states that your cabin no. is on hold for you to have time to complete the booking online. I was lucky, and ended up getting the suite I wanted in the end, but that was only because of "hard work" from both my PCC and myself.... :)

So if there is a few cabins left, and suddenly when you are ready to book it says "unavailable" or "sold out" - it might be your own "mock" booking that is blocking it....

Edited by TrumpyNOR

When I checked online there showed over 30 balcony cabins available. Not even close to sold out. When I called the 800 number and anonymously asked about availability the first response was it is probably sold out being only 18 days from sailing. I mentioned that when I looked online it appeared that there many cabins available. The gentleman confirmed that there were cabins available and when I gave him my information he found that I was already booked on the cruise. I told him I was looking to upgrade, at which time he transfered me to a young lady who, after speaking with her supervisor, offered me an upgrade to a balcony at current price which was only a little more than the original booking. She told me it never hurts to ask. Still confused as to why my PCC that I have booked the last 4 cruises with, blew me off by saying they were sold out. I will be buying 2 more cruise rewards when I am on the ship. When I do I will run the scenario by them and see if there is a logical explanation. Looking forward to another awesome NCL cruise.

When I checked online there showed over 30 balcony cabins available. Not even close to sold out. When I called the 800 number and anonymously asked about availability the first response was it is probably sold out being only 18 days from sailing. I mentioned that when I looked online it appeared that there many cabins available. The gentleman confirmed that there were cabins available and when I gave him my information he found that I was already booked on the cruise. I told him I was looking to upgrade, at which time he transfered me to a young lady who, after speaking with her supervisor, offered me an upgrade to a balcony at current price which was only a little more than the original booking. She told me it never hurts to ask. Still confused as to why my PCC that I have booked the last 4 cruises with, blew me off by saying they were sold out. I will be buying 2 more cruise rewards when I am on the ship. When I do I will run the scenario by them and see if there is a logical explanation. Looking forward to another awesome NCL cruise.

Good that it worked out for you, like somebody else stated earlier it never hurts to ask twice. Happy cruisin'! :)