Port Everglades Luggage Question

With all the cruises I've done I should probably know this but I'm going to make sure.

We leave on the Indy in a little more than a week, we will be driving down from Orlando after spending a couple days there. We have rented a 15 passenger van for 8 of us and a whole lot of luggage. My question is can we drive to the pier, drop the luggage off and then drive to airport to drop the rental van off and then take taxis back? :confused:

The ladies really really dont want to be dropped off with the luggage and wait til we get back from dropping off the van in case its raining or really hot. Pier 29 isn't very big and if I remember right there is no inside waiting are.

Check with the car rental at fll, and maybe if you all go there first, one of their people will drive you in the van to the pier and then take the car back to the airport. I've had this happen numerous times, when I've asked them to call me a cab to the pier, they offer to drive me, no charge.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Check with the car rental at fll, and maybe if you all go there first, one of their people will drive you in the van to the pier and then take the car back to the airport. I've had this happen numerous times, when I've asked them to call me a cab to the pier, they offer to drive me, no charge.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thats a great idea!

Thanks

I haven't had any experience with pre-cruise car rentals at FLL, however, at MIA the rental companies provided a shared shuttle to PortMiami. I bet if you ask the rental company they will work something out for you and I would check with them first since you're giving them business.

I haven't had any experience with pre-cruise car rentals at FLL, however, at MIA the rental companies provided a shared shuttle to PortMiami. I bet if you ask the rental company they will work something out for you and I would check with them first since you're giving them business.

Some of the car rental companies in Ft. Lauderdale have local offices that have a shuttle to the port. HOWEVER, I would much rather pay the modest cost of a cab (about $10) than deal with the shuttles. The three times I've shuttled (friends insisted), we waited WAY TOO LONG to leave, and then you go from ship to ship to ship. Wasted over an hour.

Drop the ladies at the port, go to the airport, grab a cab. You'll be back in about 20'

If they don't want to wait outside, wait until boarding time to drop them and just meet them on board.

Edited by leisuretraveler223

We are leaving from Port Everglades in 4 weeks and rented a car that can be dropped of at the pier itself so we don't have to return it to the airport. We used Budget if that helps so maybe you could re-route your final destination or rebook it with them???