Norwegians Wine and Dine on the House deal

timmo44

We got an email about this yesterday from ncl.co.uk and have already booked for September. Seems like an amazing deal. On selected sailings from NYC and Miami on the Breakaway or Getaway, any balcony stateroom or above gets complimentary Ultimate Dining package and any Haven bookings get that and the Ultimate Beverage Package - for free!

http://www.ncl.co.uk/offers/suites-and-villas/#!/offers/norwegians-wine-and-dine

We just booked an Aft Facing Haven suite (my God how big is that balcony?) for end of September to Bermuda. Seems like a steal with Haven Forward Facing staterooms going for from £1269, the free UBP is worth at least £220 per person.

I knew it wouldn't be long before I booked another one!

the free UBP is worth at least £220 per person.

I assume you got to £220 as that's about what 7 x $49 converts to. In that case, it should really be £250ish as there is the 15% gratuity to add on.

However, it is actually worth that amount at the most, not the least. If you don't drink much then the benefit will be less than that. If you drink enough to make the saving more than the value of the UBP then I assume you would purchase the package anyway.

I assume you got to £220 as that's about what 7 x $49 converts to. In that case, it should really be £250ish as there is the 15% gratuity to add on.

However, it is actually worth that amount at the most, not the least. If you don't drink much then the benefit will be less than that. If you drink enough to make the saving more than the value of the UBP then I assume you would purchase the package anyway.

Yes I rounded down the value of the UBP as I'm not sure what the exchange rate is at the moment. We already did the Breakaway last December and bought the UBP then and I thought it was well worth the price. The great thing about it is that you can try drinks and cocktails etc that you normally wouldn't because you can just leave it if you don't like it (only had one all week I wasn't keen on.)

By offering it free, that is a substantial discount per person. I was expecting them to have upped all the prices to compensate but it appears not.

Sorry if my reply sounded as if I was picking holes in what you write. I didn't mean to, honest.

I agree, it's a good deal.

I do wonder what impact all these free UDP offers will have on the availability of speciality restaurants on these sailings. They have been offering a similar deal in the US recently so I'd be getting my reservations in for any restaurants I wanted quite early if I was on one of these sailings without having the deal.