Bit by the QM2 Bug! --- Sailing May 10th --- Anyone else going??

eroller

I suppose I was bit by the QM2 bug more than I expected. icon_wink.gif My brother (he's straight, I'm not!) and I just booked the QM2 this morning to sail in a couple weeks on May 10. It's an 8-day Caribbean sailing round trip out of NY. We received an ok deal (good for QM2 I guess) in an outside guarantee cabin (C4-category or better).

I just unpacked from the NORWEGIAN DREAM in Europe and now it's time to do it all over again for QM2!

Needless to say I'm very excited to finally experience this ship first hand. If anyone else is going to be on the sailing please drop me a line and we can meet for drinks.

Ernie - who is floating on cloud nine at the moment as this was all rather unexpected.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Oslo Dutch:

Ernie,

Have a great great time! would have loved to join you again like this stormy but ever so wonderful QE2 crossing in December 2002.

Keep us up to date....will you?

Reint<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reint,

It won't be the same sailing on Cunard without you! I think there are still a few cabins left???? icon_wink.gif

Best,

Ernie

Ernie,

In my book, your cruise reviews are about the most 'right on' as any I read. Considering all the mixed reviews we've read about QM2, I'll be anxious to read yours.

Last-minute, spontaneous cruises are often the best. Glad you got in on this one....

Enjoy! icon_cool.gif

Crystal - 6/11/04 Harmony to Alaska

Celebrity (6)

NCL (5)

Princess (4)

Disney (2)

Royal Caribbean (2)

HAL (1)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BEAV:

Ernie,

In my book, your cruise reviews are about the most 'right on' as any I read. Considering all the mixed reviews we've read about QM2, I'll be anxious to read yours.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is very kind of you. Thanks! I'm not sure if I'll write a full review as it seems so much has already been written about this ship, but I will certainly pass on my impressions... both good and bad.

Best,

Ernie

Reint,

It won't be the same sailing on Cunard without you! I think there are still a few cabins left???? icon_wink.gif

Best,

Ernie

Would love too Ernie, However decided to be in Istanbul instead during that time for a long weekend...well wel'll see next time!!

Enjoy!

Reint

ernie...don't forget to sign the cc log, librarian has in her desk drawer. if you get a chance, look at addresses and try to send a post card. you can ask for as many as you want (but keep to 8-10 at a time) from purser's desk, they'll stamp "posted on board queen mary 2) and charge minimum postage to send from next port. we sent some from our 3/6 cruise for "old memories" sake to some of the log signors and believe it or not JUST received email from thulewx that he finally received his in greenland! only a two month delay lol! but at least no one in panama ate them, which we actually thought might have happened! mike and jon

Archived