Sapphire - bedding changes?

Maddle

For those of you who have sailed in the last few weeks on the Sapphire Princess, what is the status of the mattresses and pillows?

Maddle

Got off March 1st....

We had a pillow top mattress in our suite, family had the same in their mini.

It was nice to be comfortable sleeping for a change. ;)

The Sapphire has installed new mattresses on all the cabin. They also installed new flat screen t.v.'s. Also new drapes in all of the cabins. They have been painting and cleaning and installing new carpets in some cabins and hallways.

They are getting ready for their relocation to an Asian cruise in April.

The ship is also including new Asian dishes at the buffet.Plus, they have hired new Asian workers.

They have also installed some type of t.v. box so people can see more movies

on their t.v.'s for free. I hope my cabin will have the new t.v. addition to my

cabin when I get on the ship on March 23rd. LucyR.

The Sapphire has installed new mattresses on all the cabin. They also installed new flat screen t.v.'s. Also new drapes in all of the cabins. They have been painting and cleaning and installing new carpets in some cabins and hallways.

They are getting ready for their relocation to an Asian cruise in April.

The ship is also including new Asian dishes at the buffet.Plus, they have hired new Asian workers.

They have also installed some type of t.v. box so people can see more movies

on their t.v.'s for free. I hope my cabin will have the new t.v. addition to my

cabin when I get on the ship on March 23rd. LucyR.

What do you mean you have been cruising for months on the Sapphire but you are boarding on the 23rd? :confused: I didn't see you onboard. :p

There is a new thread on all these things.

Got off March 1st....

We had a pillow top mattress in our suite, family had the same in their mini.

It was nice to be comfortable sleeping for a change. ;)

Had a pillowtop mattress on the Sapphire in January and again March 1st in obstructed view cabins. Heck, I've had pillowtops on every single Princess ship for over two years, including the Star, Island, Diamond, Crown, Royal and Sapphire.

Had a pillowtop mattress on the Sapphire in January and again March 1st in obstructed view cabins. Heck, I've had pillowtops on every single Princess ship for over two years, including the Star, Island, Diamond, Crown, Royal and Sapphire.

We sure haven't. :(

Neither have I. Took my first Princess cruise this past December on the Diamond and everyone I was traveling with had awful mattresses. Some mattresses on the Diamond may have been changed but clearly not all. I will be on the Grand in a few weeks and am hoping for better. Still, I really liked Princess.

Just spend 18 days on her in 3 different cabins. My inside cabin had the most comfortable bed and pillows I've ever had on a Princess cruise.

My balcony cabin bed was hard as a rock, as was my OV. Pillows sucked too.

They were the worst beds I've ever slept on in over 20 Princess cruises. :eek:

Just spend 18 days on her in 3 different cabins. My inside cabin had the most comfortable bed and pillows I've ever had on a Princess cruise.

My balcony cabin bed was hard as a rock, as was my OV. Pillows sucked too.

They were the worst beds I've ever slept on in over 20 Princess cruises. :eek:

I had forgot about the lumpy pillows! Bad! :eek:

Breathe. Everybody breathe.

I just want to know if I should plan on bringing my own feather pillow for comfort sake, and if I will need an eggcrate topper. (My last bed on the Star was a slab of granite.)

I won't be getting on the ship until it departs for Asia (repositioning.) Seven days, I would tough it out on a slab....three weeks I need to make a plan. If everything is being changed out before she departs, I'll be fine.

Right now, I am booked into an inside, FWIW, on the Aloha deck. I am thinking about moving....so does anyone know if ALL the mattresses are changed out now or not?

Maddle

I just want to know if I should plan on bringing my own feather pillow for comfort sake, and if I will need an eggcrate topper. (My last bed on the Star was a slab of granite.)

I won't be getting on the ship until it departs for Asia (repositioning.) Seven days, I would tough it out on a slab....three weeks I need to make a plan. If everything is being changed out before she departs, I'll be fine.

Right now, I am booked into an inside, FWIW, on the Aloha deck. I am thinking about moving....so does anyone know if ALL the mattresses are changed out now or not?

Maddle

We have been pretty surprised at the pillow condition the last few cruises.

Almost like they washed the entire pillow and the filling got clumpy. But Stewart said they only wash the cases. So he searched and found us better ones. Don't think we would resort to taking up space by taking pillows.

I doubt you will find any ship that has all the mattress's replaced and there is no way to ever tell unless every person in every cabin reported back here. :eek:

They are replaced on an ongoing basis. Rarely do they replace the entire ship's mattress's in a dry dock.

Our suite mattress was excellent. And we had family in a mini that said theirs was good too.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Maddle

My inside on the Sapphire on Aloha deck had fabulous pillows.

My inside on the Sapphire on Aloha deck had fabulous pillows.

Thanks - that's EXACTLY what I needed to know, because we are "inside" on Aloha ourselves. (At least for now....I'm still considering paying for an upgrade, since the upgrade fairy keeps passing me by.)

Maddle

. the cabin we were in had Terrible mattresses (first time back after 5 years on Princess, and I had forgotten how bad the mattresses were).

But I saw new mattresses on a few floors above us and our steward said they were changing out the mattresses on 1 - 2 decks every time they went to San Diego.

so sometimes, I think Princess changes out the whole ship and not just when they do "dry dock".