Royal Princess steam room

Lucky TGO

There's a shower in the gym, aft deck 16 I think. The spa is on deck 5 and has both steam and shower - on a recent 7 night cruise it was $199 for the week or $39 per day to gain access to that area.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks for your help.

I think $39.00 a day or $199.00 for a week is a little to much for a steam and shower. I cruised with Princess 22 times and never paid to use the steam room.

The Enclave facilities, although not free, are more than just a run of the mill stream room...

You can start on the heated stone beds or soothing water beds, or try the new Turkish Hammam that uses steam to help release toxins and stimulate the immune system. Then completely unwind in the hydrotherapy pool with it's cascading rain shower. The pool features massage jets that focus on the neck and body to sooth any sore joints you may have. After then you can move onto the Lanconium, which is a gentle dry heat sauna that detoxifies and rejuvenates the body while improving circulation, breathing, and purifies the skin. And don't forget the Calderium, an herbal steam room that gently opens your pores, cleansing and detoxifying the skin. Finally, step into one of our Sensory Showers. There are four to choose from, combining dynamic lighting and an infusion of aromas. The showers will feature a hot-to-cold experience that will be very invigorating! A Mixologist will also be available to help you create your very own Salt and Sugar Scrub which helps soften and exfoliate your skin. The beauty of the Enclave is that you can either pair it with a treatment, going before or after so that you can experience the amenities that it offers, or you can just do it on its own.

(Princess Cruises)

11274809695_39b8017bb3_c.jpg

11274812235_05194fed07_c.jpg

11274810355_7b371d296e_c.jpg

11274811385_2ce52b8ef3_c.jpg

Just off the Royal. First thing I did was sign up for the enclave. I had been reading 159.00 for the week and was shocked at 199.00 cost. That said, the thermal pool was unlike anything I have experienced. I did not find the loungers warm and did not use the steam rooms. I just wanted use of the thermal pool and warm lounges. Although wonderful WHEN we used it I do not feel we used our monies worth and pressured ourselves to use it. Was I sorry? No. Would I book it again? Probably not.

Thank you for all the information.

But I'm looking for "Just a run of the mill steam room" like they have on the

Golden, Grand, Star, Caribbean, Coral, Ruby and Emerald Princess.

Thank You,

Tony

Nope, not available on Royal Princess. However, I know quite a few people personally who love a good 'steam' after their 'burn' in the fitness center, and they cruised Royal Princess and still lived to tell about it. Although it can be a deal breaker for some, it was not a deal breaker for them.

Thank You,

DMWNC 1959 The pictures of the Royal Princess Dec. 1-15 2013 are GREAT!!! You have a great talent for photography. thanks again for all your help.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Glad you really enjoyed them. I had a wonderful two weeks on Royal Princess, and can't wait until I can get back!

:D

• 5 years later...

Tony:

How was it? was it worth it? 

I get very frustrated that the cruise ships are tryin to force you to pay for services they provided free int he past. 

I think it is great, that they separated the spa from the gym, but they should have included a "basic run of the mill" steam and sauna in the gym. Any 4 star or better hotel should have it. 

We've been on the Royal several times and don't like its Enclave with its high prices.  Much prefer the somewhat more modest facilities on the older ships which are less expensive.  When on the Royal I have used the sauna and steam room available in the ladies' changing room area, which are free and good enough for me.  I think all Princess ships have these in the changing room area.