When was your first Princess Cruise?

h20skibum

:)We were on the original Royal Princess for an Alaskan cruise during her inaugural season - think it was 1985. Our boys were little and they loved being "real sailors". We were on a 10 day cruise from San Francisco. On the 2nd or 3rd day as we were nearing either Victoria or Vancouver, our cabin attendant told us there might be a work stoppage and the cruise would end if they all walked off. Never found out exactly what happened, but that evening we met our new steward and the cruise continued. Its many Princess cruises later, and in October, I'll be on another Royal Princess.

On the original Royal Princess Feb. 1999, Buenos Aires to Manaus. We had an OV cabin on the promenade deck, pretty far forward. My sister's first cruise. I had cruised four times with Home Lines in 1972/73. We had a great time! EM

Our first cruise with Princess was in 1994 and was combined with a 9-day Canadian Rockies Tour. We started the land tour in Seattle, took the Victoria Clipper to Victoria, B.C., and stayed in the Empress Hotel. During the tour we also stayed at the Banff Springs Hotel and the Chateau Lake Louise. Incredible tour that I'd recommend to anyone -- the Canadian Rockies are magnificent. Upon arrival in Vancouver we boarded the old Star Princess for a terrific 7-day Inside Passage cruise. This remains one of our most favorite vacations!

Edited by TBcruiserguy
left out "when"

Our first cruise was on the Emerald Princess in 2010 my wife had to convince me it would be a great way to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary I thought it would be crowded and boring was I wrong. Now I book all the cruises and can hardly wait to go on the next one.

but not for me..for my parents 50th we decided to gift them with a trip on the (original) Star Princess in 1991 going to the Mexican riviera..course we had to go along too so it became a wonderful family vacation!! What great memories we made to last us...

Camelia

First cruise was on the Dawn Princess in 2002 (February, though don't remember the exact date). Turned out to be our honeymoon cruise. DW had cruised before and while we were dating insisted (since I had dragged her to several car races) that we were going to take a vacation her way. I couldn't imagine how bored I was going to be.

Needless to say, after that first cruise I asked when we were doing it again, and requested more sea days. I'm always anxious for the next one!