Luggage Forward

dingy

Has anyone used CCs " Luggage Forward" service?......having luggage pre-shipped to the port.

We tend to include everything (including the kitchen sink) when we pack for travel.....wondering if we can avoid lugging all of it.

Thanks,

Dingy

Not aware of Celebrity offering this, maybe there is a third party operation which does it.

Celebrity does offer a service called Luggage Valet from certain US ports whereby they issue your boarding passes on board and you will have your luggage checked through to your US or Canadian destination. Not all airlines participate, however, and you won't know if this service will be available until you are on board.

Looks like you are wanting to have your luggage shipped to the port, the opposite of Luggage Valet.

Do you have any details of the service you are referencing?

Other cruise lines have tied into this (very expensive) service for a few years. Celebrity was not on their list until very recently. Once you see their prices you may see why you won't get many comments about it. But go to some of the premium lines' boards and you may find some people there who can tell you how they liked it.

$248 for 50 pound luggage roundtrip from home to ship and back to home.

I didn't enter all info, but that price came up...(i'm not sure if that price gets adjusted when enter actual address...the first part of page just has you pick the "country" of pickup and delivery...it did let me pick to ship to "celebrity" and to a specific port.)

High price, but not as high as I thought it would be.

Being disabled, and having to worry about things other than my luggage, I ship for every cruise. I use Luggage Concierge, and they, along with all the others, are not cheap. I have a cruise coming up, and LC is handling my bags, and the cost is over $500 for two large bags, round trip. What I like is, the gentleman with whom they contract, delivers the bags to the ship at around 9am on the day of departure. At the end of the cruise, he's waiting for me to leave the terminal and he takes the bags and ships them via UPS as soon as he leaves the port area. It's just so much easier for me not to hassle with bags. I've shipped all over the world and the only country that was a BIG hassle was Australia. They held my bags for over two weeks and the shipping agent (this was a Crystal cruise) had to basically bail my bags out of their Custom's jail. If you don't mind the cost, or if you are like me and really need the service, it's a great thing to do.