Allure First Night Cocktails?

I've never sailed on any RCI ship that did not have the CL and DL open on the first night of a cruise. Ditto the Diamond "event" if no lounge. I do know that X does not offer its Elite free drinks on the first night of a cruise.

Celebrity does not have their Elite Cocktail Party on embarkation day/evening, however, all Royal Caribbean ships serve cocktails in the Concierge Lounge and Diamond Lounge (if these lounges are on the ship) on embarkation day. Some ships from 4:30 to 8:00 pm, some 5:00 to 8:30 pm, some 5:00 to 8:00 pm.

Allure actually serves beer, wine and champagne at 12:00 noon in the CL on embarkation day with lunch. Then cocktails are served from 5:00 to 8:30 pm in the CL & DL, or overflow lounge.

Edited by Tagsalong

Celebrity does not have their Elite Cocktail Party on embarkation day/evening, however, all Royal Caribbean ships serve cocktails in the Concierge Lounge and Diamond Lounge (if these lounges are on the ship) on embarkation day. Some ships from 4:30 to 8:00 pm, some 5:00 to 8:30 pm, some 5:00 to 8:00 pm.

Allure actually serves beer, wine and champagne at 12:00 noon on embarkation day with lunch

Thanks for the quick answers. I guess I was thinking of our Celebrity cruises, not RCL. The lunch beer and wine is really news! Is it only one restaurant or do you just show your sea pass at the Windjamer/Park Cafe, etc.? Trish

Thanks for the quick answers. I guess I was thinking of our Celebrity cruises, not RCL. The lunch beer and wine is really news! Is it only one restaurant or do you just show your sea pass at the Windjamer/Park Cafe, etc.? Trish

The lunch with free beer and wine is in the concierge lounge only and that is reserved for Suite guests and D+, Pinnacle. Not available anywhere else.

Ourusualbeach is right. You read my post before I had a chance to edit it to show this is only available in the CL - Concierge Lounge.

...Allure actually serves beer, wine and champagne at 12:00 noon in the CL on embarkation day with lunch...
Are you sure about this? I've had boarding lunch in the CL on Oasis, but NOT on Allure. I dropped into the CL on Allure on our Jan 2014 embarkation and asked the Concierge if they were going to serve lunch that day. I was given a definite "NO". I didn't stick around since I went to grab a bite elsewhere, so maybe I got bum info, but I'd think the people in the CL at 11:30 would know.

Thom

Allure actually serves beer, wine and champagne at 12:00 noon in the CL on embarkation day with lunch. Then cocktails are served from 5:00 to 8:30 pm in the CL & DL, or overflow lounge.

This is the 1st time I have read that the Allure's concierge lounge is open for lunch on embarkation day. All other posters have stated it is closed and it opens that evening for cocktail hour. Can anyone else verify?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app