Good Going, Veendam......Congratulations !!!!

sail7seas

Not the least surprisingly considering the great crew of Veendam.......

USPH Inspected Veendam this weekend and they scored

a Wonderful ''''''96'''''''

Way to Go!!! Good Job!

Good to hear, we will be sailing her in November. Does anyone know who the Hotel Manager is at present??? Of course by November he/she may be on one of the other "dam" ships, one keeps meeting so many different crew members and they get changed around quite a bit.

Joanna, it deals with regular inspections by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of US based passenger liners issued under the Public Health Service Act. The ships are inspected in port by FDA agents/investigators who will look at, among others things, overall sanitation such as food preparation and storage, refrigeration, cleanliness of galleys, food handling SOP's by personnel, etc. at the end of which they issue a score to the ship (100 being tops)

joanna11,

It means that you could eat off the Veendam's galley floor and it would be cleaner and safer than your own dining room table. :)

Seriously, you can see how the ship is scored by going to the CDC website and checking the score reports and the the Ship's Action Statements. They always make for interesting reading. What they will mark a ship off a few points for makes me realize that my own kitchen score a NEGATIVE 96. ;)

Here ... take a look at THIS:

http://www2a.cdc.gov/nceh/VSPIRS/ReportPreview.asp?intInspectionID=131712

Good to hear, we will be sailing her in November. Does anyone know who the Hotel Manager is at present??? Of course by November he/she may be on one of the other "dam" ships, one keeps meeting so many different crew members and they get changed around quite a bit.

Hotel Manager Nick Burger left Veendam for his vacation about 2 weeks ago and Hotel Manager Firmin van Walle boarded. They are both as good as it gets. Fabulous gentlemen and so very able at their work. The 'proof' is in the score. :cool: The reason I mention both Hotel Managers as it is likely Mr. Burger will be aboard when you are on Veendam in November. It is most unlikely that Mr. van Walle will be there.

THANKS, S7S........ I guess it really doesn't matter as long as we are on board, but over the years we have gotten to know quite a few crew members and it is always nice to meet them again.

Will be in 043..... is that where you "left" your picture?????

THANKS, S7S........ I guess it really doesn't matter as long as we are on board, but over the years we have gotten to know quite a few crew members and it is always nice to meet them again.

Will be in 043..... is that where you "left" your picture?????

I know what you mean. We are always so happy to meet up with crew friends on subsequent cruises.

No, not #043 ....:) We are just about always mid-ship and port side....

Hope you have a wonderful time. Veendam is a great ship. (Of course she is----she is sister to "My" :) Maasdam. ;) )

Veendam was beautiful, sparkling and clean when I was on her. But then, so was the Maasdam and the Zuiderdam.

Of course all the ships are sparkling clean. :) HAL is the Clean Fleet. ;) No kidding intended. IMO, they really are that clean.

I know, you really can eat off the floor. Its the same at my timeshare resorts in Mexico, which is why I chose them as well. In fact, when we are there, hubby and I compare them to landlocked HAL ships. I like clean!

Of course all the ships are sparkling clean. :) HAL is the Clean Fleet. ;) No kidding intended. IMO, they really are that clean.

Archived