Thomson confirms Dubrovnik!

Any idea on the other dream itineraries mainly med medley, or one with Barcelona, villefranche and Toulon

Not announced yet, but I think there will be four other itineraries from Palma.

Should be something like this:

1:

Palma - At Sea - Calvi - Civitavecchia - Livorno - ? - Barcelona - Palma

2:

Palma - At Sea - Olbia - Sorrento/Naples - Civitavecchia - Ajaccio - Palamos - Palma

3:

Palma - At Sea - Villefranche - ? - ? - ? - Barcelona - Palma

Moorish:

Palma - At Sea - Gibraltar - ? - ? - ? - Valencia - Palma

And then the Med Secrets one:

Palma - At Sea - Elba - La Spezia - San Remo - Sete - Tarragona - Palma

Yes some very interesting and appealing itineraries. Good to see Sete back as we were diverted to somewhere(?) for St Tropez when we were supposed to go there. We had Carcassonne in our sights at that call so might get a second bite at that one. And La Spezia for the Cinque Terre is a fantastic destination.

In fact they really have surpassed themselves in terms of itineraries. It really is their strength especially given concerns about other things which may have slipped. It could be the saving grace! But I hope that doesn't make them complacent though.

Think it will give P&O something to think about. Now they have ventured into fly/cruises in the Med they need to be more inventive with itineraries - comparatively I think they are pretty unimaginative except for the overnights in Venice. I think Thomson could have made use of that idea.

I wish one of Celebration's itineraries had an overnight in Venice. Maybe the one that goes to both Zadar and Split, as both are quite close so offer quite similar places really.

Will do! if Julie or Jackie don't beat me to it :D

I too have been busy today. :eek: DD crashed her car over a week ago so on top of everything else, I have the grandson staying and the 5 mile school run each day.

I actually got an email at lunch time with Travel Weekly details but they were the same details as Sailaway's so didn't post as I was on my way out again.

As a matter of interest, in the article there is mention of Majesty's and Spirit's "platinisation" (new spelling?) but not the alterations being done on Dream in October 2014.

Well, I was looking to try a new cruise line for 2015, not because of disappointment with Thomson, but just to try something different. I think these new itineraries may mean I am staying with Thomson. :). For me and DH the itinerary is still the most important factor and IMO Thomson are doing it better than the rest, around Europe.

Woo hoo! Mind I don't know why I'm excited - never been there :o Might be grim! :eek:

I did a 2 centre holiday to Halkidki & Thassos when I worked in travel; both lovely areas that are featuring in next year's itineraries - Thassaloniki & Kavala...

New blog post:

http://sailawaycruiseblog.wordpress.com/2014/03/24/thomson-cruises-announce-summer-2015-schedule/

In it is the FULL itineraries for Celebration including the sail dates for all four.

Also included are three new itineraries on Spirit, three new itineraries on Majesty and one new one on Dream.

Confirmed that 24 April is the release date.

Well done Sailaway - thank you for all this information you are finding :)

I did a 2 centre holiday to Halkidki & Thassos when I worked in travel; both lovely areas that are featuring in next year's itineraries - Thassaloniki & Kavala...

Oh thanks Jules. That's good to know. As you might remember a few years ago we were booked to do an itinerary which included Thessaloniki and Skiathos which unbelievably changed between April when we booked for the following year and Sept when they brought out the new brochure. Those two ports had just disappeared! I felt a bit cheated as they were the two new ports for us which was why we booked. So now I get another chance! :);)

Which ship and ports, Jules? Don't know Greece very well at all :o

I think Thessaloniki is on the Spirit itineraries Little Nell. It's quite close to Istanbul so would tie in with cruises travelling to the Northern part of the Aegean and Istanbul. Some interesting possibilities - lots more to explore! ;)

Thought I'd do this in a post to make it easy to see which dates you can do b2b for Celebration.

CRUISE CALENDAR

07-May-15 Thursday Adriatic Affair

14-May-15 Thursday Croatian Classics

21-May-15 Thursday Grecian Legends

28-May-15 Thursday Adriatic Affair

04-Jun-15 Thursday Taste of the Adriatic

11-Jun-15 Thursday Croatian Classics

18-Jun-15 Thursday Grecian Legends

25-Jun-15 Thursday Adriatic Affair

02-Jul-15 Thursday Taste of the Adriatic

09-Jul-15 Thursday Croatian Classics

16-Jul-15 Thursday Grecian Legends

23-Jul-15 Thursday Adriatic Affair

30-Jul-15 Thursday Taste of the Adriatic

06-Aug-15 Thursday Croatian Classics

13-Aug-15 Thursday Grecian Legends

20-Aug-15 Thursday Adriatic Affair

27-Aug-15 Thursday Taste of the Adriatic

03-Sep-15 Thursday Croatian Classics

10-Sep-15 Thursday Grecian Legends

17-Sep-15 Thursday Adriatic Affair

24-Sep-15 Thursday Taste of the Adriatic

01-Oct-15 Thursday Croatian Classics

08-Oct-15 Thursday Grecian Legends

15-Oct-15 Thursday Adriatic Affair

ITINERARIES

Adriatic Affair

Dubrovnik - At Sea - Koper - Venice - Sibenik - Korcula - Bari - Dubrovnik

Croatian Classics

Dubrovnik - At Sea - Rovinj - Venice - Trieste - Zadar - Split - Dubrovnik

Grecian Legends

Dubrovnik - At Sea - Katakolon - Corinth (Athens) - Itea (Delphi) - Corfu Town - Kotor - Dubrovnik

Taste of the Adriatic

Dubrovnik - At Sea - Valletta - Messina - Brindisi - Kotor - Hvar - Dubrovnik

Start planning everyone. ;):)

Edited by Sailaway487

Which ship and ports, Jules? Don't know Greece very well at all :o

This is the itinerary with them in:

Undiscovered Aegean

Marmaris – At Sea – Thessaloniki – Kavala – Chios Town – Izmir – Patmos Town – Marmaris

Its on Spirit.

Now we know where where T are sailing should we play guess the price?:rolleyes: :eek:

I predict high!!

I can see Spirit's being the lowest, as is usually the case with Marmaris. Celebration's, especially the two Adriatic ones will be very high. Majesty's will probably be slightly lower next year than this because of more Adriatic choice overall. Dream's probably about the same as this year, although the new Med Secrets one I can see being quite high.

No details on any early booking offers this time I noticed. Nothing on free AI. Maybe they'll announce that nearer the time.

Edited by Sailaway487

This is the itinerary with them in:

Undiscovered Aegean

Marmaris – At Sea – Thessaloniki – Kavala – Chios Town – Izmir – Patmos Town – Marmaris

Its on Spirit.

We also did Patmos once on the Celebration instead of Santorini as we couldn't dock due to high winds. This itinerary combined with the Black Sea Explorer would be a great combination as there is an overnight in Istanbul & the sail through the Bosphorus - has to be done!!

Edited by Julessmiles

Oh thanks Jules. That's good to know. As you might remember a few years ago we were booked to do an itinerary which included Thessaloniki and Skiathos which unbelievably changed between April when we booked for the following year and Sept when they brought out the new brochure. Those two ports had just disappeared! I felt a bit cheated as they were the two new ports for us which was why we booked. So now I get another chance! :);)

Yes - I do remember that Kruzseeka; I like the new Spirit Itineraries & love the ship!

Yes some very interesting and appealing itineraries. Good to see Sete back as we were diverted to somewhere(?) for St Tropez when we were supposed to go there. We had Carcassonne in our sights at that call so might get a second bite at that one. And La Spezia for the Cinque Terre is a fantastic destination.

In fact they really have surpassed themselves in terms of itineraries. It really is their strength especially given concerns about other things which may have slipped. It could be the saving grace! But I hope that doesn't make them complacent though.

Think it will give P&O something to think about. Now they have ventured into fly/cruises in the Med they need to be more inventive with itineraries - comparatively I think they are pretty unimaginative except for the overnights in Venice. I think Thomson could have made use of that idea.

I think P&O are targetting a different audience, aiming at the first time fly cruiser who wants to see the 'big' destinations. This year on a 14 nighter it is Venice-Kotor-Corfu-Rome-Ajaccio-Genoa-Florence/Pisa-Naples-Dubrovnik-Venice overnight. Next year Monte Carlo is replacing Ajaccio for even more 'big' destination feel.

I predict high!!

I can see Spirit's being the lowest, as is usually the case with Marmaris. Celebration's, especially the two Adriatic ones will be very high. Majesty's will probably be slightly lower next year than this because of more Adriatic choice overall. Dream's probably about the same as this year, although the new Med Secrets one I can see being quite high.

No details on any early booking offers this time I noticed. Nothing on free AI. Maybe they'll announce that nearer the time.

We've only been on one Thomson cruise (but many non-Thomson ones) - it was Latin Gems on 26 Jan, which we booked within a couple of months of sailing. On returning home, I looked at prices for similar cruises departing in a couple of weeks time, and the price didn't seem to have fallen.

Another passenger on Latin Gems had booked the day before the flight and got 2 weeks at way less than our one week. We can't do that though!

So, what advice would you give on getting the best price for a Thomson cruise? Book early? Late? Or is it a total lottery?

I'm so tempted by the adult-only cruises.

Thanks.

I think Thessaloniki is on the Spirit itineraries Little Nell. It's quite close to Istanbul so would tie in with cruises travelling to the Northern part of the Aegean and Istanbul. Some interesting possibilities - lots more to explore! ;)

Thanks, Kruzseeka :)

Looking at the first 2 weeks of the itinerary, there will be 2 visits to Venice, am I correct. This doesn't usually happen.

Yep they're doing this for the first itinerary, the only one. Would be a really special cruise.

They're also doing it for Rome also. 18 Jul-01 Aug and 12-26 Sep, both the itineraries b2b will have Rome in.