transportation from southampton to london

leonardray

Check out this web site- good info on travel options. Trust me, you could hire your own limo for less than O will charge for a private transfer. Trains are good and reasonably quick; and a taxi for 2 with bags will be around 150-+ GBP.

http://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/southampton_cruise_terminal.htm

Edited by kiawahdon

Does anyone know the cost for Oceania to transportation from Southampton to London

Do not remember the exact cost but we used British Airport Transfers and they were very good. Find another couple (and there are always people looking) and the cost could be less than half of the ships prices. :)

Last Fall our cruise disembarked in South Hampton and the transfer costs were $150 p/p through Oceania. We took a cab to the Southampton train station and bought tickets into London. We got off at Waterloo Station and took a cab to our hotel in Kensington. Very easy and quite inexpensive in comparison to other modes of transportation into London. My husband and I each had one large suitcase and a carry on. If you are traveling with more than that the train probably won't work for you.

I agree that you should book the transfer independently, but when you arrange for the car, make sure to be very specific about how tight the seating will be in the car and the exact amount of luggage that you are travelling with (don't just assume, for example, that they can squeeze in a walker or a wheelchair, if you don't mention it ahead of time).

Europeans ALWAYS underestimate the size of the car needed.

I’ve used Eddie Manning many times to/from London, Heathrow, Dover and Southampton. His pricing may be higher than some, but he is the best in the business. He is always prompt, reliable, courteous and communicative. His vehicles are immaculate, and his service just can’t be beat. You can contact him via http://www.limo.co.uk/

-Sukey-

Last summer, we used West Quay Cars and recommend them highly. We were a party of 3 with a lot of luggage and requested a minivan. It was £130 total. Very comfortable and convenient.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Do not remember the exact cost but we used British Airport Transfers and they were very good. Find another couple (and there are always people looking) and the cost could be less than half of the ships prices. :)

Another vote for BA transfers. Great prices and great service

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree that you should book the transfer independently, but when you arrange for the car, make sure to be very specific about how tight the seating will be in the car and the exact amount of luggage that you are travelling with (don't just assume, for example, that they can squeeze in a walker or a wheelchair, if you don't mention it ahead of time).

Europeans ALWAYS underestimate the size of the car needed.

Exactly, you need to tell them what you need. We have 4 people and 6 pieces of luggage and 2 carry on's Never had a problem with British Airport transfers, either from the port or Heathrow.

Exactly, you need to tell them what you need. We have 4 people and 6 pieces of luggage and 2 carry on's Never had a problem with British Airport transfers, either from the port or Heathrow.

I presume these are bus transfers and not private cars, correct?

Does anyone know the cost for Oceania to transportation from Southampton to London

Hi

Whatever O are charging it is always to much.

We use http://Www.citydiscovery.com for transfers as you can book on-line with them and if you time it right they offer discount vouchers of 10% - 15% once you have done business with them..

Global booking service and you can have car or van for 6 people. We used them many times and reliable , clean and timely.

Just another thought to throw your way.

Has anyone used either Viator or Internationalfriends.co.uk ? They pick you up in Southampton and tour Salisbury, Stonehenge and Windsor then drop off at hotel in London. If anyone has other suggestions I'm interested to hear from you.

We used Silverfleet last June for three couples transferring from Southampton to London and had a good experience. Tony Hayter at Silverfleet was very helpful and the driver could not have been more pleasant or courteous.

Our group paid a lot more than the standard private transfer price, because we wanted to sightsee for two hours along the way to London. Even with dropoff at three different hotels in central London, the total cost was still less than O's big-bus transfers.

The convenience plus ability to customize an itinerary with private car services makes me wonder how O ever sells any transfers.

I also second the http://www.londontoolkit.com website recommended by kiawahdon. We used it a lot for transportation and touring/day trip ideas.