first day on board Viking Danube cruise

tml1230

Today ends our first day on the Viking Idun , Danube cruise. It has been a very, very good day in spite of the cold and rain. From embarkation to food, every thing has been wonderful The entire crew has been outstanding, all going out of their way to accommodate our needs, the ship is very clean and our stateroom is as expected from our research…. small but functional.

we arranged our own private transport from Munich airport to Passau. The bus/ train option would have been much cheaper but with the overnight flight and luggage this was the perfect option for us. Our driver was waiting for us and a very enjoyable guy to be around….the 180 euros for 4 of us and a bunch of luggage was money well spent.

we heard some grumbling about the quality of the dinner entrees but ours was good. Heck i am on a cruise…in Europe... with my family…how can it get any better??

anybody have a question let me know as the free internet on board is good…

It is worth repeating… wow…. the crew on the Idun are the BEST!

thanks again to all of you who helped us plan this adventure through your posts here.

Hello,

great to hear you have had such a good start to your cruise. So, you have already seen the Bavarian countryside and the "town of three rivers" Passau. Hopy you are not feeling to cold, coming from Florida.

I think, it will get even better, seeing Vienna and Budapest!

I loved Budapest, especially at night, a bus tour round the city in the evening and overlooking the Danube from the old citadel hill is amazing. Will there be such a tour on your trip?

Enjoy! :):):)

notamermaid

tml1230 -

Thanks for posting. I would love to hear your description of the tours you take, both regular and optional. Especially, about the included tour of Budapest - is it just a drive by? Do you visit any interiors? etc.

Thanks in advance.

Great to hear you're off to a good start. Please give us some info on your tours, how are they organized, how much walking, how much free time, etc. We're doing Grand European at end of August so will enjoy your trip as a preview. Joanne