Help needed from the Thomson Team Please

Try emailing Thomsoncares@thomson.co.uk or ask a question on the 'official' FB group page Mary :)

Thanks Jules I am going to try on FB but just thought I would give it a try on here as well. Never thought about the email though will give that a go.

I doubt if they will be able to help will probably have to wait until we are on ship.

Hi Mary, long time no hear :D

Just looking at the itinerary. Went to fjords last year, a couple of places, the same

Gerainger is beautiful - lots of nice walking (how's your leg?) and quite hilly, although there is flat bit where the ship docks. Some people got off in Hellesylt and back on again in Gerainger and I heard it was a good trip (on Princess, but I expect Thomson do similar)

345d5l2.jpg

Flam Railway is very spectacular. I enrolled on Princess rollcalls and found someone arranging trips, which worked out much cheaper than the ship's trip. but you had to get at least 10 people. What happened was someone booked the trip (there were 12 of us) We all met up on the first day, which was at sea, and paid him the money in Norweigan Krona, then met up on the day and off we went. It was raining, but still a great trip. I think you can book the trip on the day, but the problem is that you may be allocated one which doesn't get back until after the ship has gone :eek:

35ixg1g.jpg

Looks a great itinerary. Newcastle too far for us, but going from Harwich on Fire and Ice :)

Hi Linda

Thanks for info but we have done these places went on the North Cape in 2012 absolutely loved it.

You have a good memory. Knee still not good. Have changed consultants but because I have good movement and the replacement is where it should be they cannot understand why it is still swollen and painful. Checking now for infection and if cannot find anything looks like more surgery. :(

Its one of the new locations I am trying to find out about. It sounds a brilliant boat trip to see whales etc. but if its one of those large dinghy things where you are all packed in with life jackets on think I will pass on it bit too scarey for me.

We nearly choose Fire and Ice wanting to do that one but decided on the Arctic again. Hoping to do F + I next year.

I don't think Thomson are doing ex-UK next year Mary. It looks as if they are all going to be in the Med :( so glad we booked Fire and Ice for this year.

Sorry to hear you are still having trouble with your knee and still having pain from it. Hope the docs can sort it out.

Can't help with other ports I'm afraid. Kruzseeka probably can :D:D

I don't think Thomson are doing ex-UK next year Mary. It looks as if they are all going to be in the Med :( so glad we booked Fire and Ice for this year.

Sorry to hear you are still having trouble with your knee and still having pain from it. Hope the docs can sort it out.

Can't help with other ports I'm afraid. Kruzseeka probably can :D:D

Someone put on FB that Head Office had told them they were still doing ex UK in 2015 so fingers crossed

Think we now have confirmation that Spirit is sailing out of Marmaris in 2015 Mary.

Will certainly help with destinations if I can and you want any info. Can't help with the whale watching trip though as not done it but I think you are very wise to check it out. Sounds fantastic but a good idea if you won't be able to relax and enjoy it.

As you've done the North Cape before I guess most of the destinations won't be new although Bronnoysund is a new one to me - don't think Thomson have been there before. We haven't been to Spitsbergen either - somewhere my DH has long been interested in visiting. So we'll be very interested to hear your opinions.

We love Tromso though and a bonus there are the University Botanical Gardens across the road from the berth! (Free entry) It was glorious in June and a riot of colour which was a complete surprise to me. The Lofoten Islands were lovely too. Have a great time. :)

Hi Linda

Thanks for info but we have done these places went on the North Cape in 2012 absolutely loved it.

You have a good memory. Knee still not good. Have changed consultants but because I have good movement and the replacement is where it should be they cannot understand why it is still swollen and painful. Checking now for infection and if cannot find anything looks like more surgery. :(

Its one of the new locations I am trying to find out about. It sounds a brilliant boat trip to see whales etc. but if its one of those large dinghy things where you are all packed in with life jackets on think I will pass on it bit too scarey for me.

We nearly choose Fire and Ice wanting to do that one but decided on the Arctic again. Hoping to do F + I next year.

Hi Mary, we are going to the Azores and would really like to do the whale watching trip there but it is on a R.I.B. so have decided not to bother. I would frankly be terrified:eek:, and I haven't had knee surgery so I can completely understand your concerns.

Hi Mary, we are going to the Azores and would really like to do the whale watching trip there but it is on a R.I.B. so have decided not to bother. I would frankly be terrified:eek:, and I haven't had knee surgery so I can completely understand your concerns.

Hi Happy this is what bothers me would love to do it the knees not so much of a problem but the those small boats terrify me.

Aerobics 9876 it is the Isfjord Safari Boat Adventure from Spitsbergen would love to do it but probably wont. Its a trip around the island with a chance of seeing whales seals etc. Really looking forward to this cruise.

Hi Kruzseeker yes we have done quite a few of the places but have not been to the Lofoten Islands, Bronnoysund and Spitsbergen. We enjoyed the last cruise so much we are looking forward to going back and even further north.

I haven't seen any confirmation for the Spirit next year must have missed that one.

Hi Happy this is what bothers me would love to do it the knees not so much of a problem but the those small boats terrify me.

Aerobics 9876 it is the Isfjord Safari Boat Adventure from Spitsbergen would love to do it but probably wont. Its a trip around the island with a chance of seeing whales seals etc. Really looking forward to this cruise.

Hi Kruzseeker yes we have done quite a few of the places but have not been to the Lofoten Islands, Bronnoysund and Spitsbergen. We enjoyed the last cruise so much we are looking forward to going back and even further north.

I haven't seen any confirmation for the Spirit next year must have missed that one.

We did the half day trip at Leknes to Nusfjord and Vestvagoy which we thoroughly enjoyed. There isn't a lot at Leknes although I do remember us climbing a hill for some views and walking along the waterfront for a little way (along the road and on rough ground no promenade or anything) so it's perhaps worth considering doing a trip to see a little more. It is absolutely beautiful!

Mary

You could also try

Cruiseexcursions at Thomson - cruises . com

All lower case & joined together

They were very helpful with me last year & sent me a detailed itinerary of one of their day trips.

Edited by Julessmiles