Is it me?

TMaine

We hope to get an Alaska cruise this year. We can drive to Vancouver or Seattle on a days notice. Hopefully the late booking bargains will be as good as they were last year.

And if we don't, we will do something else. There is always next year.

Yea, this is what we are hoping for. If it doesn't work out then we'll do something else or save our vacation time. At this point we could do a land based vacation for much cheaper.

You are a clever one!

Curious as to why you edited so heavily the quote you replied to?

What your captioned quote read:

Originally Posted by wallie5446 View Post

Prices are higher! Your are 100% correct! the RED is the part you added/changed....

versus the actual quote:

And rightfully so for the higher quality product they deliver. Your are 100% correct!

On the other hand, some Med prices have dropped quite nicely. An AQ suite on the Reflection (7-25-14) has dropped 1700pp. An A2 has dropped $500pp, not since opening, but since that $500pp increase in November.

A Sunset Verandah on a similar sailing on the Silhouette has jumped $1935, close to double, since opening.

Guess there are no hard and fast rules.

Prices are higher! Your are 100% correct! the RED is the part you added/changed....

versus the actual quote:

And rightfully so for the higher quality product they deliver. Your are 100% correct!

Back track a bit and I'm sure you'll figure it out.

It seems this thread has gone off track regarding price jumps and I am to blame by responding to someone's "you get what you pay for" comment. I will pay what I believe to be a reasonable price for the cruise and when the price goes up or down from that point, I don't really care. I paid a price I am comfortable with.

Now, my original point was the current price of an =X= cruise for a given period and location (Sept 2014, Med) compared to similar itineraries in the same time frame. Celebrity and RCL are alot more. So when the price becomes reasonable, I will book a trip!

versus the actual quote:

This is why it is so very important to follow and read every comment in a thread or topic.

The OP stated his original point was that X & RCCL are higher, I agreed with him because; rightfully so for the higher quality product they deliver

OH, WAIT, now I see! You ment why did the OP edit my responce! I get it, Thanks.

Edited by wallie5446

Thank you both for the replies.

I probably wouldn't have even noticed but the "your" was supposed to be "you're" in the messages and it just stuck out to me that in just a few close posts it was different and although I read back a few more messages hadn't noticed or correlated, thus I wimple asked for clarification, and see now things have been changed along the way.

I just expect QUOTES to be QUOTES or snips from long posts to just be long snips....not to have them modified, changed and rearranged as if they are a quote.

Pet peeve, even newscasters mess it up these days....somehow I just notice these things.

I for one do not believe NCL is a step down from Celebrity anymore. I used to believe that but I was on there new ship Getaway and was really impressed. no longer will I pay attention to reviews. These shows were outstanding and the ship is one the nicest I've been on. I did have the Ultimate dining package at 119 per person but I was able to eat in a specialty restaurent evert night. Food was outstanding. They really have step up there game. Was really surprised and the waterfront restaurents was tremendous. Also it was nice be be around a younger crowd and I'm 68. A different experence for sure.

I for one do not believe NCL is a step down from Celebrity anymore. I used to believe that but I was on there new ship Getaway and was really impressed. no longer will I pay attention to reviews. These shows were outstanding and the ship is one the nicest I've been on. I did have the Ultimate dining package at 119 per person but I was able to eat in a specialty restaurent evert night. Food was outstanding. They really have step up there game. Was really surprised and the waterfront restaurents was tremendous. Also it was nice be be around a younger crowd and I'm 68. A different experence for sure.

Appreciate this good, interesting report from our Ohio "neighbor". Will have to check out where NCL sails and their options for Europe and/or other places in the world that are more interesting and distant than just the Carib.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Just back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 46,455 views for this fun posting.