Gym Classes - free?

hello

the rssc website was not very specific but can anybody tell me the names of the various types of fitness classes offered on the ships?

I was specifically looking for something similar to BodyPump.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks. Guess I will have to wait and see. Not a dealbreaker as I can do my own thing in the gym, was just curious :)

I generally can never find time to workout on a cruise, but I have a feeling my grandfather will need afternoon naps so figure I can kill time by working out or sunning ;)

Hi:

There was a whole range of no-charge exercise classes on the Voyager in February/March. I loved the spinner class. They generally were in the mornings or 3-4 in the afternoon (my favorite time). You must sign up; they are usually very well attended. Signup list and schedule were on the Spa desk several days ahead of the class. Steam room and sauna nearby were terrific!

^^ excellent. thanks! I don't think I will make it to the early morning classes - it'll be hard enough to get myself and Gramps ready, fueled and ready for those 8:30am excursions!

But I'm liking the idea of a 3pm class! I'll be sure to stop by the spa and sign up when I get on board.

• 2 weeks later...

Spindrift, below is a pix of us taking a spin class on the Voyager--super cardio work out--we burn 600-800 calories an hour. Now, we take spin classes three times per week all year.

spin002.jpg

Okay, thanks folks. Might be worth a try, but not sure I can keep up. Even tho I am a golfer and only 74, not sure I can burn that many calories on a hard workout. (Just want to keep the cardio healthy, which I do--just finished my stress test and passed with flying colors. :D)

Loved seeing a picture. I am a visual person. You've tempted me to try. I, however, tried Zumba. Uhhhhhh--no comment. :eek:

hello

the rssc website was not very specific but can anybody tell me the names of the various types of fitness classes offered on the ships?

I was specifically looking for something similar to BodyPump.

Thanks in advance!

Not really Body Pump since not all the weights BP uses but the closest would be cardio mix or a mini bootcamp. They have early classes and late afternoon classes. And, I agree, spin is probably the best. But only a few bikes. I think I stopped in everyday to the gym (I was there anyway) to sign up for upcoming classes)