Pullma v Trundle for 4th Person

We are booked on Solstice for a cruise Auk - Syd in December. Grandson has now decide he would like to join us...making our party 4 pax. We had already booked a Cat 1A cabin on the hump which accommodates 4 persons, but I note that it has a trundle bed that comes out from under the Sofa for use by the 4th passenger.

Some other 4 berth cabins have a Pullman style bed that comes down from the ceiling... and I fancy such an arrangement would be a whole lot more convenient. Only ones available are Cat 1B, which have smaller balconies than the 1As

Has anyone had experience with style of bedding arrangements? The kids are 9 and 11 and are used to sleepovers at Nannas... but I do wonder about keeping the floorspace clutter to a minimum.

I have asked my TA for a view, but I very much welcome any advice from these boards.

cheers

We had an inside cabin on Rhapsody of the Seas for 3. The third was a teenager in the pullman bed. Teen loved it. The steward packed away the pullman after breakfast and then would lower it again for us after dinner. We didnt have any problems with a messy floor. Teens actually used the floor between the beds at night to play cards.

We are booked on Solstice for a cruise Auk - Syd in December. Grandson has now decide he would like to join us...making our party 4 pax. We had already booked a Cat 1A cabin on the hump which accommodates 4 persons, but I note that it has a trundle bed that comes out from under the Sofa for use by the 4th passenger.

Some other 4 berth cabins have a Pullman style bed that comes down from the ceiling... and I fancy such an arrangement would be a whole lot more convenient. Only ones available are Cat 1B, which have smaller balconies than the 1As

Has anyone had experience with style of bedding arrangements? The kids are 9 and 11 and are used to sleepovers at Nannas... but I do wonder about keeping the floorspace clutter to a minimum.

I have asked my TA for a view, but I very much welcome any advice from these boards.

cheers

I'm definitely not a fan of the sofabed version on Solstice. I found them uncomfortable (some Americans get what they call "egg crates" to help with this). You'll also find it difficult/tight to access the balcony while the bed is set e.g. before you leave for breakfast, and in the evening.

The overhead Pullman is a much better choice, but the Solstice is not well designed for this. As you see, that configuration is only available in very limited cabin grades, which I consider a significant design weakness.

As I think you're doing it for 12 days, I'd only go the 1B approach in your situation (what I've actually done is just book a second cabin, but of course that costs more).