Sea Princess drink prices

Cruising on the Sea Princess from Brisbane in June on a 7 night cruise and I am in the process of budgeting for the trip.

Any recent information on drinks, alcohol and coffee etc would be appreciated.

Also what is the quality of the steaks in the Sterling steakhouse like, worth paying extra? :D

I usually buy a coffee card so don't take much notice. But I can comment on the Steak House. I don't eat much meat but the steak I had there was worth the extra cost. As was the entree and the creme brûlée dessert. Definitely make time and budget for a visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We always buy the coffee card - one each. Well worth it and if you don't use it all, you can always carry over to your next Princess cruise. We also consider Steakhouse well worth the extra cost for special occasions.:)

• 3 weeks later...
Cruising on the Sea Princess from Brisbane in June on a 7 night cruise and I am in the process of budgeting for the trip.

Any recent information on drinks, alcohol and coffee etc would be appreciated.

Also what is the quality of the steaks in the Sterling steakhouse like, worth paying extra? :D

Recently cruised on the Sea Princess and beer was $5.50 for a schooner of Draughtbeer. Cans and stubbies were $6 - 7 and Grolsch was $8. Coke was $2.55. Cocktails and Martinis were about $10. Rothbury Sparking was $25 a 750ml bottle, or $10 a glass.:eek:

Specialty Coffee's (cappuccino etc) $3.25 but we purchase the coffee card which was $35 for 15 coffee's when purchased on board.

Recently cruised on the Sea Princess and beer was $5.50 for a schooner of Draughtbeer. Cans and stubbies were $6 - 7 and Grolsch was $8. Coke was $2.55. Cocktails and Martinis were about $10. Rothbury Sparking was $25 a 750ml bottle, or $10 a glass.:eek:

Specialty Coffee's (cappuccino etc) $3.25 but we purchase the coffee card which was $35 for 15 coffee's when purchased on board.

We brought our wine by the bottle :D

Thanks for the update on prices, from what I can gather those prices include GST and you don't pay the 15% gratuities.

No wonder Princess don't want to promote the all you can drink packages on Aussie based ships :eek:

We got off the Sea Princess on the 7th April, loved the ship. Spirits were $7.50 each, bear hubby was drinking cascade I think was $5.50 bottle, my wine which was a mc Williams sav blanc was $8.00 a glass. We didn't feel the need to eat at the steak house, as the food in the dining room was wonderful, as was the service. Enjoy your cruise:)

• 1 month later...

The OzCruising web site has drink menus and room service menus available in PDF format for you to look at. I've chosen my cocktail already lol.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What is the cost of the soda package these days please.

Tick, I think from memory I needed 3x nojitos p.day to break even, but I purchased it after a few days. I think $8 -$9 p.day. If you buy it day 1 or pre cruise, well worth the dollars.

I also think good value to bring additional wine on board and pay corkage. At least that way you get what you like & for a decent price. ;) We experienced numerous times the sommeliers retrying to up sell to dearer wines claiming they did not have our requested wines!

We also did the wine tasting for $11 p. Head, and rolled out with our wobbly boots on! :D

They had liquor of the night which went down well & good value! We have the set of shot glasses to prove we participated LOL! :o

Just remember the 2x freebies (ie no corkage fees) need to be consumed in Statesroom! :)

The OzCruising web site has drink menus and room service menus available in PDF format for you to look at. I've chosen my cocktail already lol.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry I know we shouldn't be mentioning specific agents, but is someone able to post or PM the above menus? Thanks.:)

We experienced numerous times the sommeliers retrying to up sell to dearer wines claiming they did not have our requested wines!

What did you do in this situation? Did you end up buying the dearer wines or did they magically find the wine you wanted after you refused to buy dearer wines?

And what are the wines like? We're doing Sun Princess in December so I assume the wines will be the same as on Sea Princess.