Divina Extra's?

sue7045

We were on divina in the med in 2013,iced water at dinner was not provided, if you wanted water with dinner you had to pay for a bottle, do they still do this on the caribbean itenaries

Water is included for free in the caribbean in the MDR, this is tap water, not bottle.

Edited by Bosjoe

Here is a list I compiled for my group about extra charges onboard the Divina:

Gratuity:

The onboard currency is in U.S. dollars. A $12 per adult, per day, gratuity is automatically to your shipboard account; and $6 per person, per day, for those ages 3 to 17. Gratuity is not applied for children younger than 3.

A 15% service gratuity is automatically added to each drink or food purchased onboard.

Wi-Fi

$29.90 for 60 minutes

$44.90 for 100 minutes

$99.90 for 300 minutes

$149.90 for 480 minutes

$299.90 for 1,440 minutes

Internet Cafe

$6 for 10 minutes

$0.60 each additional minute

The Top 18 Solarium (Deck 18)

Adults-only sunning spot that features two hot tubs and a bar. Furniture includes standard loungers and covered rattan sun beds.

$5 to $30 depending on which piece of furniture is being used and the duration.

Candlepin Bowling Alley (Deck 7)

$7 per person per game (Only accepts coins)

Formula 1 Simulator (Deck 16)

$9 per person

4D Cinema (Deck 16)

$7 per person

Aqua Cycle

$12 per person/per class

Eataly Steakhouse

Eataly features a la carte pricing, with pastas starting at $8.50 and entrees ranging from $15 for lamb or salmon to $25 for an 8.5-ounce tenderloin. Veggie sides are $3. Attached to the steakhouse is Ristorante Italia, which serves a different prix fixe menu each night for $34 per person. There, menu options represent the various regions of Italy; they include Tuscan selections like Citrus-infused seafood passatelli or lasagna and Sicilian favorites like spiced braised veal cheeks and stuffed sardines. Both are open only for dinner from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.

Galaxy Nightclub

Serves a daily luxury brunch for $28, which includes breakfast items such as omelets and waffles and options like oysters and foie gras, as well as one glass of Prosecco per person. From 7 p.m. to 11 p.m., dinner is served there, with several different Mediterranean fusion menus. Passengers can choose a la carte options (with appetizers starting at $7.50, pasta and rice starting at $7.50, main courses starting at $12 and desserts for $5) or choose from one of three price fixe options. The Saturno menu offers courses for $24 per person; the Venere menu is five courses for $35; and the Galaxy menu is seven courses and includes a glass of wine with each dish for $59 per person.

La Cantina di Bacco (open 6 p.m. to midnight)

A small but charming spot on Deck 7. There, wine- and beer-lovers can chat over a glass of wine and a tapas plate (olives and bruschetta, for example), included when you purchase drinks. This is also the best place on the ship for pizza. It's delicious, with flakey, thin crust, and the ingredients taste fresh. The spicy pizza, with its hot Ventricina salami, was a favorite, as was the vegetarian. Pizza pricing starts at $8.50 per pie, and one pizza serves two comfortably.

Sports Bar (Deck 7)

It's clear Divina is aimed at American passengers. (The menu even reads "American Food Experience.") Dining options are strictly of the bar/finger food variety and include Buffalo wings, chicken tenders, burgers and wraps. Prices are a la carte. For $7, the burger is the best onboard -- juicy and melty.

Room Service

A small room service menu is available all day, but a small service charge

($3.50) applies to orders placed after 11 p.m. Pizza delivery service is also available for an extra charge starts at $8.50 per pie.

Nutella Crepes (By the pool)

Starts at $4 per crepe and price increases depending on fillings chosen.

Gelato

Starts at $2.50 for a cup and increases from there.

Pastries

Start at $1.50 and increase from there.

Specialty Coffees

Start at $2.25 and increase from there.

Thanks! This s exactly what I was looking for. It must have taken a lot of research to compile. I hope others find this as useful as I did.

But I will say, This is a extensive list. But when you start to look at it, there is a lot that I wouldn't take part in.

I just booked Divina today, and then found this list. This is fantastic information for the newbie!!!

Thank you!

"The norms" that don't cost extra on cruise ships:

1. Pastry shop. Food in pastry shops is free on cruise ships (except MSC). Specialty coffee is extra.

2. "Private sun deck". MSC is the only cruise line that charges for sun deck.

Free service that is not universal across the industry: 24h free room service on some ships.

AFAIK room service breakfast is free on the Divina, lunch and dinner is extra.

Cinemas (regular movies) on some ships are free.

you never get tired??? luch and dinner ARE free on MSC you pay 3.5 after 11pm for delivery. On what line you get free specialty coffe? an I hope you know about Princess and HAL special adult decks for charge.

you never get tired??? luch and dinner ARE free on MSC you pay 3.5 after 11pm for delivery. On what line you get free specialty coffe? an I hope you know about Princess and HAL special adult decks for charge.

So you're saying that room service is free (just like Carnival) up until 11pm (then extra charge for delivery)?

Thank you!

As a matter of fact, you won't have too many reasons to envy other ships cruisers. There will be MSC Divina direct competitors and one Mistake of Celebrity.

The best ships depart from FLL.

I have never, ever looked at another ships cruisers with envy.

I am very happy with my choice and make the most of my holiday. It's not a cheapie for me. With airfares and land costs we usually spend near $20,000 each trip away. I'm going to make the most of it and not let the little things get in the way of a fantastic holiday on a beautiful ship.

Edited by Janet&Carl

MSC does its best to nickel and dime their customers. That's probably why their cruises are lower priced than others.

So untrue. They are lower to build a base, they are paying for this their bottom dollar. And it's crap to say nickel and diming, what cruise ship doesn't now.

MSC does its best to nickel and dime their customers. That's probably why their cruises are lower priced than others.

In all fairness, you should evaluate the very reasonably priced drink packages on Divina: 15 drinks/$72, 14beers/$52, 7bottles wine/$85. Compared to NCL and CCL, MSC is offering a great value. And, if you were lucky enough to book a balcony for $299, you would be pleasantly surprised.

Unlike other cruise lines, MSC doesn't hound you to buy a drink when you go to the shows. Even the photographers don't seem as obnoxious as they do on other ships. All of the cruise lines have to make money on items just besides your cruise costs. It is all a part of cruising.

So untrue. They are lower to build a base, they are paying for this their bottom dollar. And it's crap to say nickel and diming, what cruise ship doesn't now.

Good luck building a base. You saw what happened after the charter. The charter aborted future plans with MSC.

Good luck building a base. You saw what happened after the charter. The charter aborted future plans with MSC.

And from what was gleaned from reviews on that charter, it was the fault of the Charter Co. who hadn't organized that large a charter before, and they, as the middle guy between the Cruise Lone and the People who chartered, were most responsible for any failings! You forgot to point that out!

With that Charter Co., 'good luck' on any successful future cruises of this size!

Well as a gay man myself it's tough to please that many pampered gay men. Yeah I said it.

They will go back to their beloved HAL. :)

Edited by Bosjoe

Well as a gay man myself it's tough to please that many pampered gay men. Yeah I said it.

They will go back to their beloved HAL. :)

It sounds like they are looking for a bigger ship, They can't make enough money on a 2,000 passenger ship. Regal Princess is the rumored choice. Returning to HAL when their 3,000 passenger ship launches in 2016.

Left: The Sunctuary on Princess

Right: Deck 18 solarium on MSC Divina

2nup2h.jpg

One looks like the 70s, the other..a BBQ party.

Well put. I passed on the sanctuary because I thought it looked tacky.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Left: The Sunctuary on Princess

Right: Deck 18 solarium on MSC Divina

2nup2h.jpg

But lets tell the whole story,,,,

Regal Princess, beautiful new ship, at 3-4 times the cost of a similar cabin on the Divina!:eek:

That's a lot of money for fake grass, fake trees, and cushion chairs!:)

Edited by Russian Bear

Regal Princess, beautiful new ship, at 3-4 times the cost of a similar cabin on the Divina!:eek:

Let's tell the whole story indeed...

Princess can deliver quality food and service. MSC tried, but failed miserably. Consequently, MSC lost the opportunity for future charter sailings. They were ready to start selling the Divina for 2015, but quickly realized they would be sailing an empty ship if they did. All the Divina delivered was eye candy.

Edited by Typhoon1

"Princess can deliver quality food and service. MSC tried, but failed miserably. Consequently, MSC lost the opportunity for future charter sailings. They were ready to start selling the Divina for 2015, but quickly realized they would be sailing an empty ship if they did."

You had a bad cruise.....I can totally understand that. It happens on every line. But I've known several cruisers who live in my neighborhood who've gone on her, before and after your charter, and loved it. They had a couple critiques, but every one said they'd go again with no hesitation.

Overall, the reviews seem to be improving as well on CC, so, at some point.....it's time to just let your bad experience go. Same thing happened to me at a resort in Costa Rica a few years back.....after a miserable "5 Star Resort" experience, I did everything I could in my power to "save" future people from experiencing my misery.....but the resort appears to have gotten its act together and I moved on too.

The ship seems to be selling well now. I just checked my sailing later this month and the prices seem to be going up too. 7 Nights: Inside GTY $506pp, Unobstructed balcony for $750pp and Yacht Club for $1986pp.

Edited by jchipgcs