Where to obtain luggage tags? and oceanview cafe

Cruizann

My DH and I have booked a 5 day cruise on the constellation. This is our first cruise with celebrity. It is too late to mail our luggage tags and we wondered how to obtain them when we arrive at the cruise ship terminal? We will eat lunch at the oceanview cafe and wondered if there were any tables outside. We are experiencing a frigid Toronto Canada winter and were looking forward to spending as much time in the sun as possible. Thank you so much for your help.

My DH and I have booked a 5 day cruise on the constellation. This is our first cruise with celebrity. It is too late to mail our luggage tags and we wondered how to obtain them when we arrive at the cruise ship terminal? We will eat lunch at the oceanview cafe and wondered if there were any tables outside. We are experiencing a frigid Toronto Canada winter and were looking forward to spending as much time in the sun as possible. Thank you so much for your help.

They will have luggage tags you fill out by hand at the pier when you drop your luggage with the porter.

Oceanview does have outside tables but not many. In embarkation day you could be searching for quite some time for some place to sit outside near the buffet as it is typically packed. One option is to get your plate and drink then head to the pool or another deck to enjoy your meal.

Luggage tags? When are you leaving? You have to order them at least 10 days before you cruise. You could call the Captain's Club to order them for you or get them from the porters on the pier.

Yes, there are tables outside of the Oceanview Café to eat.

As said previously, there will be porters who will have blank, paper luggage tags which they will fill in with your ship and cabin number, so the luggage will get to the correct cabin.

By the way, you will be expected to tip and they will remind you of that. (They will do that whether your luggage is already tagged or not; they certainly are not shy in demanding a tip. Imagine how much these guys make ...in addition to their salaries, which are union made I am sure....a day with the number of bags to put on board.)

You will love Constellation. Even with the Solstice-class, she is our favourite ship in the fleet. Like to dance? You will love the Rendez-vous Lounge outside the main floor dining room. Or maybe the disco up front and higher up.

Ocean Liners, the specialty restaurant may appeal to you, too. If you find that some of the menu for lunch in the cafe is not to your taste, we find that the burgers outside by the pool are really good. They are well done, though, so if you want rare, they won't do it for you without the OK of the manager, since it is not really healthy (I am sure the company doesn't want a lawsuit.)

You should notice that everyone working on board Celebrity ships is friendly and helpful from the people constantly cleaning and polishing to your dining room and cabin attendants.

There isn't a lot to do late nights, though on any of the ships, so you may be disappointed.

We happen to love the atmosphere on formal nights and dress up for those. If that is not your taste, you can have dinner in the cafe rather than the main dining room. I think, but am not positive, that "formal" wear is not required there; other posters can give you that information though.

If you happen to board early, then you might get a table outside (I call it the back deck, and it is my favourite spot to sit and enjoy.) Early means that your cabin will not be ready so take your carry-on and head to the back deck...#10 if I recall correctly...right through the cafe. Get a seat, and then, if hungry, one of you at a time goes to get lunch and you are all set until they announce that the cabin decks are open for passengers. Good bar service and a relaxed atmosphere as you sit and watch all that is going on. Cannot wait. We travel on Silhouette in a week and a half.

I know that his is more than you asked for, but being newbies to Celebrity, I just thought that I would give you some of our favourite thoughts on Celebrity.

Have a great cruise.

Bill

Edited by spearmint
additons

Thank you spearmint for all the information. We are quite excited about our first celebrity cruise. My DH and I do love to dance and will look for the Rendez-vous lounge. Wishing you a wonderful cruise on the Silhouette.

They will have luggage tags you fill out by hand at the pier when you drop your luggage with the porter.

Oceanview does have outside tables but not many. In embarkation day you could be searching for quite some time for some place to sit outside near the buffet as it is typically packed. One option is to get your plate and drink then head to the pool or another deck to enjoy your meal.

Really? I think the M class ships have plenty of tables and chairs all

the way aft...great place to sit and watch the wake, have a meal,

a drink, etc....beautiul views from out there:)

Hi:) if you are sailing soon (within the next couple of weeks) it is too

late to order the luggae tags but they will have plenty of them at

the port and you can write your cabin number on them at that

time and attach them to your luggage.

Yes, there is a lovely area, all the way Aft, outside of the buffet.

Tables, chairs and umbrellas too.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise:)

Edited by Lois R