My View...Independence of the Seas

APDMOM

We're on our first RCI cruise in 51 days on the IOS. Your terrific review has really helped. We were lucky to get a center bump cabin this time...but those AFT cabins looks very inviting! Happy cruising and thanks again!

Happy Cruising to you and enjoy the IOS. She is a great ship.

I like all the RCCL Ships we have been on.

The Aft Cabins are fun and we enjoyed our time in one on the IOS.

Edited by Folk Singer

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU (!) for your review! Every time I read a review of the Freedom Class ships it puts me a little closer to my February 2015 trip on the Liberty, which will be my first solo.

I loved your review of the spa, which I've been a little wishy-washy about using this time (last time I had a manicure done and was delighted!). I will make sure I go to the seminar so I can get that discount.

I, too, am an early riser and selected a cabin relatively close to the Promenade Café so that I can beeline there every morning for coffee.

I'm going to bookmark your post as a favorite on my cell. You've offered some valuable tips.

I don't know that I'll be posting a review here when I do go, but fully expect to have one for my family (as they've heard nothing but the word "cruise" from me since I started planning in May).

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU (!) for your review! Every time I read a review of the Freedom Class ships it puts me a little closer to my February 2015 trip on the Liberty, which will be my first solo.

I loved your review of the spa, which I've been a little wishy-washy about using this time (last time I had a manicure done and was delighted!). I will make sure I go to the seminar so I can get that discount.

I, too, am an early riser and selected a cabin relatively close to the Promenade Café so that I can beeline there every morning for coffee.

I'm going to bookmark your post as a favorite on my cell. You've offered some valuable tips.

I don't know that I'll be posting a review here when I do go, but fully expect to have one for my family (as they've heard nothing but the word "cruise" from me since I started planning in May).

You are welcome. I enjoy reliving our cruise every time I read my old reviews. Enjoy your countdown & cruise :)

• 4 months later...

Thanks so much for this review and the beautiful pictures! I spent much of today reading through all of your posts... We've sailed the Monarch, Mariner and are huge fans of Oasis and Allure but will be on the Independence (same itinerary as yours - in a GS and connecting balcony for the kids) for the first time in about 3 months!

Thanks so much for this review and the beautiful pictures! I spent much of today reading through all of your posts... We've sailed the Monarch, Mariner and are huge fans of Oasis and Allure but will be on the Independence (same itinerary as yours - in a GS and connecting balcony for the kids) for the first time in about 3 months!

You are welcome! Enjoy your cruise and come back with some pictures of that GS :)

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you so much for the photos and great review...loved your tips and suggestions. We will be are our first cruise in February and many of your posts and photos answered a lot of our questions......Thank you again.

You are welcome! You chose a great ship for a first cruise experience!

Thank you for your wonderful review could you tell me the loungers on Adrenaline beach could they be reserved? or is it a first come basis? I was also wondering what is the fee for the lounger? Any help would be helpful... Thank you so much.

The loungers are free and could unfortunately not be reserved. At the time of our Indy cruise in March, Adrenaline beach was very empty - with many available loungers. We were in Labadee again this past December. I was surprised at how busy Adenaline beach was this time around. There were still plenty of loungers and it is still my favorite "free" spot at Labadee. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Another tip I learned on CC is to take magnets to hang things on the walls. It helps to keep the clutter off the desk and table.

I see I need to make a trip to Lowe's soon :D Thank you for the great tip! We will be on Oasis in June, so they will come in handy with the smaller closet space there.

Thanks for your review brought back a lot of memories of the ports we visited on Jewel of the sea. Cruising April 5th with 11 & 9 yr old daughters 1st time on IOS. Did your son go to & enjoy Adventure Ocean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi! sorry for the delayed response... he did not use Adventure Ocean, but a vast majority of reviews I read about AO indicate that the kids love it and often do not want to leave. ;) Enjoy your cruise - just a month away!

• 1 month later...