LAX Super Shuttle

LHARTWICK

Do we need to have a reservation for Super Shuttle at LAX or can we just show up and get on the next available shuttle? Also, I'm assuming we can pay cash? We've used them before, but I can't remember if a reservation was required. I don't think it was?

Thank you! I do remember a guy in line in front of us who had made on-line reservations and something went horribly wrong. They were refusing him service. Not sure of the details. We just showed our reservation and boarded - no problems. That guy was NOT happy. I will definitely make reservations.

Thank you! I do remember a guy in line in front of us who had made on-line reservations and something went horribly wrong. They were refusing him service. Not sure of the details. We just showed our reservation and boarded - no problems. That guy was NOT happy. I will definitely make reservations.

It is always best to have a reservation. We do it over the phone & don't forget to ask for the AAA discount.

We've also used Super Shuttle in several cities and have always made reservation's before the trip. JMO, but I wouldn't wait until we got to the airport unless our travel plans were extremely fluid (not going to happen here :D).

A Little Rock friend,

Used Super Shuttle last week from LAX- going to the Queen Mary/Imagination. Had a reservation made online. Worked just OK- for us, anyway-- we arrived at the sidewalk sign after collecting our luggage. The blue shirted guy said a van would be arriving soon. Waited about 25 minutes. Then the fun begins. There were 4 other passengers in the van already. Took driver about 20 minutes to just get out of the airport. The other people in the van said they had been IN the van for an hour and a half ALREADY! Many complaints. The driver said he "must make 2 complete circuits of LAX to pick-up passengers at the multiple pick-up spots BEFORE he could leave the airport grounds". Felt REALLY bad for the others- because we were dropped off first! Trip from the airport to the Queen Mary takes about 20 minutes. So, while it is inexpensive to use Super Shuttle at LAX-you can't predict which van will pick you up- one on the leading edge or one on the trailing edge. I know that we will take a taxi next time, just in case.

Used Super Shuttle last week from LAX- going to the Queen Mary/Imagination. Had a reservation made online. Worked just OK- for us, anyway-- we arrived at the sidewalk sign after collecting our luggage. The blue shirted guy said a van would be arriving soon. Waited about 25 minutes. Then the fun begins. There were 4 other passengers in the van already. Took driver about 20 minutes to just get out of the airport. The other people in the van said they had been IN the van for an hour and a half ALREADY! Many complaints. The driver said he "must make 2 complete circuits of LAX to pick-up passengers at the multiple pick-up spots BEFORE he could leave the airport grounds". Felt REALLY bad for the others- because we were dropped off first! Trip from the airport to the Queen Mary takes about 20 minutes. So, while it is inexpensive to use Super Shuttle at LAX-you can't predict which van will pick you up- one on the leading edge or one on the trailing edge. I know that we will take a taxi next time, just in case.

It's one of the hazards of using a "shared shuttle" service...You get a low price, but...the economics are based on filling the van...So, if you are unlucky enough to come at a time when there aren't a lot of others using that particular shuttle service to go in the same direction, you are going to waste some time waiting. Still, I somehow doubt anyone was really waiting an hour and a half before you got in--that sounds excessive. It may just have seemed like it to them. Or perhaps, they were counting in the time it took them to walk from the plane, claim their luggage, stop at the rest rooms, make it to the curb, etc.

That said, I get frustrated, from time to time, with the delays when using a shared shuttle...which is why I check the rate differential between the shuttle service and the dedicated Town Car service...Often the price differential is very small, making the Town Car the much better choice.

OTOH, if price is a major concern and time isn't, there are worse things than a shared shuttle...At least with a shared shuttle, your costs are low and you get "door-to-door" service at a known price...And, usually, if you are arriving at LAX at a popular time and heading for a popular destination--like San Pedro or Long Beach when there are ships leaving--they won't have that much trouble filling up the vans and getting you out of there...