Carnival Inspiration or Caribbean Princess??

MargieWY

We sailed on Carnival to Cozumel. Now we're torn between sailing on the Caribbean Princess for the 1st time and returning to Cozumel (and Grand Cayman) or sailing on Carnival Inspiration and visiting Ensenada and Catalina Island for the 1st time.

What do you guys think?

Here's a link to the poll on the Princess board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2014890

We sailed on Carnival to Cozumel. Now we're torn between sailing on the Caribbean Princess for the 1st time and returning to Cozumel (and Grand Cayman) or sailing on Carnival Inspiration and visiting Ensenada and Catalina Island for the 1st time.

What do you guys think?

Here's a link to the poll on the Princess board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2014890

I'd give Princess a try. New experience cruise wise and Princess is very nice and Ensenada is nothing!! Just an opinion and hope you enjoy which ever cruise you decide upon.

There is absolutely no comparison between the two ships.

Caribbean Princess is a fantastic ship.

There is going to be a wow factor on Carnival for the atrium and to a lesser degree the theater.

Caribbean Princess has many more bars and venues spread throughout the ship that never makes it feel crowded. There are 3 different pools spread out on the lido deck, each with its own vibe, so passengers are spread out there.

The atrium on the Caribbean Princess is 3 decks high, so you don't have the amazing skylight the Carnvial ship will have, but other than that, Caribbean Princess wins across the board. I will take that ship over any Carnival ship every time (unless it costs 3x more).

If you can't tell, the Caribbean Princess is my favorite ship sailed so far.

The Inspiration is fun to cruise, but given a choice, I'd pick Caribbean Princess. The CP is a nicer ship, although I feel Carnival's food in the main DR is better. All subjective, but I vote CP.

It also depends on what else you want to do. Do you want to sightsee in Southern California before or after your cruise?

Was on the Inspiration in February. She is a nice, well maintained ship. She is smaller and older with less bells and whistles. There are no balconies on her, only suites with puny balconies.

Her OV and IS cabins are larger than those on Princess.

Her bathroom vanity setup is a travesty.

The Inspiration is fun to cruise, but given a choice, I'd pick Caribbean Princess. The CP is a nicer ship, although I feel Carnival's food in the main DR is better. All subjective, but I vote CP.

I havent been on Carnival in a couple years, but yes. I agree, I found Carnival's food to be better. So, I revise my earlier pro CB (CP is Crown Princess) comments to except for the lobby and MDR food, CB is petter.

Food was great, just i think Carnival's was a little better.

Also, unless it has changed, CB has tasty lobster claws in the buffet on the first night - oh, and buffet on CB blows away any Carnival buffet.

And the chicken salad at the cafe on CB is the best on the planet. Period.

I have never cruised on Princess, but I HAVE seen picture reviews of BOTH.

I am going to say PRINCESS, definitely:D:D

I am one of the biggest Carnival cheerleaders, but, I am also about the ship.

This ship just doesn't look so hot to me. LOL

Let us know what you decide. Enjoy!!!!:D

Hi..I am from Montana...Hello Wyoming..I have been through your area. I truly believe unless someone else has said, you have sightseeing plans that fit better with Carnival, the Caribbean Princess is hands down your best choice..even if you have to go inside instead of an outside cabin. There is no comparison on what is offered.

I have been on similar class ships on both lines. My Fantasy class ship was Paradise and was my best cruise so far which had more to do with people than ship..but all was perfect with staff and dining room that time which added tons to our big table of singles and couples that were friends by end of cruise.

I adored the Star Princess, similar to CP, live music everywhere, shows, venues, food options, everything much much better...so many more options..so much better entertainment, simply no comparison..but I did LOVE both cruises...you will like/appreciate either....Sarah

LOL ..Agree with SadieN on the sinks..when they "upgraded" the bathrooms on the Fantasy class ships...they regressed to no room whatsoever on the sink counter and no storage above..as they had before...you need a shoe bag to hang on the door if you use any amount of toiletries you do not want to balance on toilet seat etc....but that can be "survived"..if you want California...which is closer and nice...Sarah

Edited by sjn911

Look at my signature- I've been around the block ;)- CB wins absolutely. Nicest ship I've ever sailed. Best cruise ever. I wish Princess had northeast departures and more East coast departures in general. I'm a happy camper with Carnival, I've loved every cruise I've been on, but CB blew even Cunard out of the water.

Just my $.02!

Edited by Seago2

My husband and I have sailed on both. Enjoyed both cruises very much. Princess was a much nicer ship overall. we love carnival and had a fabulous time on the Inspiration as well. I will say my husband preferred the food on carnival

If it was CB versus one of the larger Carnival ships, it might be a tougher decision because Carnival has a lot of great features on its newer ships, but pitting CB against a Fantasy Class ship there is no comparison. Go with Princess. The decor is more tame, but you'll love it. And the central piazza at night, even though it's only three or four stories, is a beehive of activity and so much fun to people watch!

Also, the pizza on princess (at least on CB) is WAY better than Carnival's pizza, It's better than any cruise line pizza I've ever had. I'd order it on land.

And like a previous poster mentioned, having a wet towel coming back from an excursion is awesome.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Also, don't be fooled, the "mini suites" on princess aren't what I would call a suite, they're more like a regular room on Carnival.

Another vote for Caribbean Princess. I've been on 13 cruises, 12 of them on Carnival, and the Caribbean Princess has been my favorite ship, no question.

While I didn't always love the food in the dining room, the buffet was always awesome. Trust me when I tell you I didn't go hungry!

I really enjoyed the Skywalker lounge, and as I recall the shows were really good, too.

Best part of all, though, was the fresh water swimming pools - especially the one all the forward (adults only) that also had 2 hot tubs beside it - I pretty much lived there most of the trip (which was WAY too short - only 7 days!).

Janis

Opinions sure varey..I LOVE the Mini-suite set up on Princess. they have huge closet off a tub and sink toilet bathroom not as big as suite bathroom on Carnival but that area is like having a private dressing room..the room is like having 3 seperate rooms..living, sleeping, dress and closet bathroom. Heavenly set up for sharing and privacy and fancier soft goods than Carnival.

Edited by sjn911