NCL Latitudes Insider Offer Points Issues

justcruisin87

We are in the process of booking our 4th NCL cruise. On the NCL site, it has the purple 'L' icon on our sailing date, in our stateroom category. This icon denotes that it is an NCL Rewards Offer. However, when we were on the phone booking the reservation today, the reservationist informed us that this particular sailing is not a part of the Latitudes Insider Rewards Offer and we therefore wouldn't receive the 1 additional loyalty point per night (which on an 11-day cruise is a fairly significant amount). We have never had an issue with NCL before and the loyalty points aren't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things; however, it's just the idea of it. We would like to receive all the points we should receive. The Insider Offer was a $50 on board credit for a balcony stateroom. We received the OBC; however, they told us we would not be receiving the additional point per night. Has this issue happened to anyone before and if so, how was it remedied? The booking is for December and I would like to get it sorted out before sailing. Thanks in advance for your help!

We are in the process of booking our 4th NCL cruise. On the NCL site, it has the purple 'L' icon on our sailing date, in our stateroom category. This icon denotes that it is an NCL Rewards Offer. However, when we were on the phone booking the reservation today, the reservationist informed us that this particular sailing is not a part of the Latitudes Insider Rewards Offer and we therefore wouldn't receive the 1 additional loyalty point per night (which on an 11-day cruise is a fairly significant amount). We have never had an issue with NCL before and the loyalty points aren't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things; however, it's just the idea of it. We would like to receive all the points we should receive. The Insider Offer was a $50 on board credit for a balcony stateroom. We received the OBC; however, they told us we would not be receiving the additional point per night. Has this issue happened to anyone before and if so, how was it remedied? The booking is for December and I would like to get it sorted out before sailing. Thanks in advance for your help!

The Insider offer might not be combineable with some other discount you recieved. I have had this happen to me. The rep assumed I would rather have the discount than the points. He did not "get" that the points would cost far more if I had to book another cruise to recieve them.

I would take a screen shot of what you are seeing and email it to your PCC. If you don't have one call the 800 number and email to the person you are on the phone with.

Does anyone know if there's a place on NCL.com or on my cruise documents that show in advance how many points I'll get for an upcoming cruise?

It is pretty easy to calculate that yourself:

Earn Latitudes Rewards Points

* Earn 1 point for every cruise night.

* Earn 1 additional point per night for reserving a Suite or in The Haven.***

* Earn 1 additional point per night when booking nine months or more in advance.

*Earn 1 additional point per night when booking a Latitudes Insider Offer.

(***Full fare suites booked when reservation was originally made. Does not include mini-suites)

And if you are not sure if you have booked with a Latitudes Insider Offer, if that is the case it should be stated on your booking confirmation at the top right corner. Under Promo Codes is would state (among others) the word Latitude....

Edited by TrumpyNOR

If it has an "L" - you get the points. Call back and speak to someone else.

I think the issue is with the new site. The main page listing the itineraries will for example say this is a Latitudes sailing, but then list 10 sailings, but not all of the 10 will be latitudes.

We ran into this with Kids Sail Free....the 12 day grand me is listed as KSF, but only the 2014 dates...

I think the issue is with the new site. The main page listing the itineraries will for example say this is a Latitudes sailing, but then list 10 sailings, but not all of the 10 will be latitudes.

We ran into this with Kids Sail Free....the 12 day grand me is listed as KSF, but only the 2014 dates...

On the new site when selecting exact cruise date there are color coded bars with each cabin category for each cruise that show the promos that apply to that cruise/category - pretty simple and easy to understand to me.

On the new site when selecting exact cruise date there are color coded bars with each cabin category for each cruise that show the promos that apply to that cruise/category - pretty simple and easy to understand to me.

I agree, it is simple to understand. However, on the sailing date and category we booked, it had the purple bar denoting the Latitudes Rewards Offer. Yet, each of the 3 different reservationists we spoke with said this particular sailing does not apply. It appears either the website is very incorrect/misleading or the reservationists we spoke with had no clue what they were doing. Since we booked through our travel agent, NCL Latitudes Clerical won't answer any of my questions directly; they will only speak with our travel agent, who is currently trying to work it out with them.

Yes, I understand about the bars.

My point though was that like if you look at the 12-Day Grand Mediterranean from Venice on the main page where you can select from different itineraries it has a list with Suite or Haven Bonus, Hot Deals, Kids Sail Free, Free Stateroom Upgrades. However, those don't apply to ALL sailing dates for that itinerary. So if you're not paying attention, you could easily miss that a specific promotion didn't apply to your dates.

Was just thinking that maybe the OP that looked at the itinerary and seen Latitudes Bonus listed, but then their particular sailing didn't offer it. Although, I just saw another post from the OP where it looks like they already double checked it.

u8avytup.jpg

Here is a screen shot of the cruise I am talking about. We booked a balcony stateroom for the December 22 sailing. According to the website, doesn't it appear this sailing/category should qualify as a Latitudes Rewards offer? Three different NCL reps have told us it does not.

Did you do a mock booking? I just did and it shows for a BB (balcony~I just picked one at random) you should be getting $50 obc~but it doesn't say anything about the Latitudes offer

ETA actually the latitudes offer for that cruise is OBC so maybe for some reason they can't combine the OBC offer with the lat offer since it would be doubling up on OBC?? and it's a mistake on their part for putting in on the site?? Man I need a drink~! lol~

Edited by Alliezona09

You have to recognize the difference between a Latitudes Bonus Offer, a Latitudes Rewards Offer, and the Latitudes Insider Offer...only one comes with the extra point per night.

Don't look at icons on the web...look at your invoice. If the promo code "LATITUDES"appears, then you have the extra point.

You have to recognize the difference between a Latitudes Bonus Offer, a Latitudes Rewards Offer, and the Latitudes Insider Offer...only one comes with the extra point per night.

Don't look at icons on the web...look at your invoice. If the promo code "LATITUDES"appears, then you have the extra point.

I thought any cruise booked nine months out got extra day points. No special promotion. ???

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I thought any cruise booked nine months out got extra day points. No special promotion. ???

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Yes, there is an extra point per night for cruises booked 9 months in advance. There is also an extra point per night for cruises booked into a Suite.

However, what we are discussing here is the extra point per night for booking a Latitudes Insider Offer....one should not be confused with the other.