Tell me nice things about Sky so I stop second-guessing!

winkibat315

I recently booked my family's first cruise on the 4 day Bahamas on the Sky for November 2015 (yay!) I'm super excited; we have 2 connecting interior cabins (which is why I booked so early) so we can close a door between us and the kids, the Sky seems like a nice little ship, and the itinerary seems good for us.

The problem is I cannot stop comparing our cruise to others. Specifically the 7 day Bermuda from Boston. Based on this year's prices, the Bermuda cruise would be a better deal when you factor in airfare. But I'm comparing hypotheticals. I know that prices for 2015 could be radically different, both for the cruise and for airfare. So I'm driving myself insane with all of these price comparisons, and debating whether I should change my booking.

I've pretty much decided that I need to calm down, stick with what I have right now, and not even worry about comparision shopping...at least until Fall 2015 air prices are out. But its hard! I know that no one here can really tell me what the best decision is, but I would really love to hear some reassurance that the cruise I already have booked is perfectly fine. (I know there are bigger and better ships and itineraries, but I figure this is out first cruise, we don't know any better.)

Also, as an aside, thanks to everyone on CC! Before I booked I had probably 100 questions, but they've all been answered for me just by lurking here and reading. So, thanks! :)

I love the Sky so much I've been three times. I have one review in my signature.

I've read it a few times, it's great! The Sky seems like she has so much older-ship character!

Ugh, the price drops for the Dawn to Bermuda this year just won't get out of my head! I'm sooo tempted to switch, but I'm terrified that prices won't drop for 2015. But even of they don't, the price per person per day is still comparable to the Sky with airfare. I just don't know...

The Sky was my first (and so far only, until May 3rd!) cruise and I LOVED it! it was the perfect cruise to "get our feet wet" and got me hooked from the minute we stepped foot on the ship. The ship was definately older, but there was still quite a bit to do, and I think the size was just right for our first time! :p We had a balcony, simply because I'm a bit claustrophobic and couldn't imagine not being able to at least SEE the outside from our room.

I enjoyed the itinerary as well, all 3 islands were fun, and we had just enough time to see the sights and relax.

We are booked on the Getaway this time, and to be honest, I'm kind of looking forward to the sea days, which we didn't get on the Sky. that was the only drawback to the trip.

Either way you decide to go, Enjoy your trip! (and the planning as well! ;))

I've been on Sky twice and loved both cruises immensely. She may not have all the bells and whistles of the huge new ships, but Sky has plenty to keep you going for 4 days. I've only done the 4 night cruises, and while there definitely is a party atmosphere, I didn't find it a bad thing. I would imagine the weekend cruises are much more rowdy. Even then, I went one time over New Year's, when you would think it would be complete insanity, and the party was fun, not out-of-hand.

I highly recommend stopping in at the Ports of Call forum here and looking for things to do in Freeport and Nassau. There are lots of options. The private island, Great Stirrup Cay, makes for a fantastic beach day. Sky's itinerary is fairly basic, compared to larger ships, but it's a great way to check out the Bahamas and see if cruising is right for you and your family.

A cruise, any cruise, is entirely what you make of it. Since you've never cruised before, take the 4 day Sky and have the experience. Then you can decide if you want to cruise again, and again, and again...*lol* In the meantime, stop worrying about which cruise is a better deal...they're all good deals, if you find you enjoy cruising.

The lovely Sky was our first taste of cruising and our first taste of NCL.............we're now on our 4th time with NCL so the Sky definitely got us hooked!

We loved the ship and the crew and the itinerary, and it was JUST long enough for a first time! Hope you enjoy your trip as much as we did. :)