Carnival valor south caribean cruise

Joyroyle

HI. WOULD LOVE ANY INFO. WE ARE STAYING IN BARBADOS FOR 1 WEEK ON END OCT. THEN 1 WEEK ON THE CARNIVAL VALOR GOING TO

Barbados, St. Lucia, St Kitts, St. Maarten, San Juan, St. Thomas, Fun Day At Sea, Barbados

NEVER BEEN TO CARIBEAN BEFORE SO ANY INFO ON THE SHIP OR TRIPS FROM THESE PORTS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

OUR CABIN IS ON UPPER 8A BALCONY NO. 6449.

THANKS JOY:)

WE ARE STAYING IN BARBADOS FOR 1 WEEK ON END OCT.

THEN 1 WEEK ON THE CARNIVAL VALOR GOING TO...

Barbados, St. Lucia, St Kitts, St. Maarten, San Juan, St. Thomas, Fun Day At Sea, Barbados

NEVER BEEN TO CARIBBEAN BEFORE..

OUR CABIN IS ON UPPER 8A BALCONY NO. 6449.

As a Brit, staying in Barbados for a week before your excellent cruise

you are going to cry when the time comes to go back home!

We were just on Valor a month ago mid-Feb.

There was quite a bunch of Brits on board who, like us, boarded at Barbados on a Wednesday.

They too had a good time.

Valor is an excellent ship and your cabin location looks good.

http://www.cruisecheap.com/c/deckplan.php?SailDate=&WMPHShipCode=163&DeckNumber=6

There are quite a few VALOR threads in this Carnival Cruises section of the message boards

so poke around a bit and you'll come up with lots of extra info,

plus pics and links to short video clipss I shot last month.

Edited by Aplmac

There used to be an excursion out of Barbados where you board a very small plane, 8 seater, and fly down to the Grenadines for the day. There you board a catamaran and sail to 4 different islands for the day. Lunch and rum included. It was pretty pricey but one of the best excursions we've ever done!! The water was amazingly clear 30-40 feet down. I found this excursion scouring the forums on Trip Advisor.

There is a search function here on CC where you can type in Valor and bring up all trip reviews on Valor and read what each poster did on their cruise.

This review of the Valor is very detailed and I'm sure you will enjoy it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1917645&highlight=valor

the trip to the grenadines sounds good. i will check this out. thanks for the pictures of the ship. looks really nice. like you say i will have to check out tripadvisor and links on cruise critic. want to plan the trip so get most out of the holiday:)

We did the safari jeep tour of Barbados, well worth it, also got a taxi to St Lawrence gap for an evening out.

On the trips, this was our first cruise and we booked all trips through Carnival, if/when we go to the Southern Caribean again we wouldn't think twice about jumping in a taxi and doing our own thing, always felt extremely safe, happy holidays!

JoyRoyal, where are you staying in Barbados? We did the Savanah beach hotel between Hastings and Bridgetown.

Also if you try Megan's beach on S Thomas allow plenty of time to get back to port, we got stuck in traffic and it got a bit hairy time wise, also if you like a drink try the big long bar Señor frogs on the cruise terminal, it was absolutely heaving while we were there

Edited by GINGERWILDCAT

In Barbados you should visit Hastings there are some good restaurants in that area. Harrison's cave is another must as is Farely Hill which is near St Lucy, so the north side of the island. St. Lawrence Gap is a nighttime hotspot, which kind of close to the airport. Barbados is such a beautiful country! But hey I am biased, my family is from there!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It looks lovely. Thanks for the link. Not thought of going to u tube. Getting so many suggestions , it's great.

Glad to hear from a native, want to experience not just the touristy places to go but the culture to

Edited by Joyroyle
Mis spelt u tube

We loved the Valor. Just remember to pack sunscreen, hats, etc. because you can get really sunburned in the southern Caribbean. I got a pretty good tan last month on our cruise on the Valor! Have fun! We did a snorkel trip in Barbados and loved the turquoise water!