Half Moon Cay - What's Included?

disneyfan68

Hi all!

What watersports are included (if any) at Half Moon Cay? We rented a cabana so I know we will receive snorkel gear. What about the paddle boats and sailers? Is that an extra cost or is it included?

Thanks!

Karyn

Hi all!

What watersports are included (if any) at Half Moon Cay? We rented a cabana so I know we will receive snorkel gear. What about the paddle boats and sailers? Is that an extra cost or is it included?

Thanks!

Karyn

Those are all extra. You will also receive 4 floats with your cabana. Here is an older rental chart. prices may have gone up a bit.

HMC_rentals.jpg

Those are all extra. You will also receive 4 floats with your cabana. Here is an older rental chart. prices may have gone up a bit.

HMC_rentals.jpg

Thanks!

We have cabanas rented at HMC and Grand Turk. What cabanas would you recommend at each?

Thanks!

We have cabanas rented at HMC and Grand Turk. What cabanas would you recommend at each?

It's really a personal preference, but at HMC the higher numbers (9 to 15) are the quietest. For where the action is, closest to the Captain Morgan's Pirate Ship bar and the lunch buffet, (5 to 8). For the ones closest to the kids Aqua Park, choose (1 to 4). We normally like to be in the middle.

At GT there are 10 cabanas, with #1 being down towards the swim up bar, and #10 being by the Flowrider and the beach. We prefer the higher numbers here.

If you want to be close to the crowds , pirate ship with loud music 1-6 , lunch 7-9 , bathrooms 10-11 , peace and quiet 12 on down enjoy absolutely the best stop on the market wish we could stay the week there !:D

This is very helpful. Fingers crossed the seas are on our side that day.

Thanks!

It's really a personal preference, but at HMC the higher numbers (9 to 15) are the quietest. For where the action is, closest to the Captain Morgan's Pirate Ship bar and the lunch buffet, (5 to 8). For the ones closest to the kids Aqua Park, choose (1 to 4). We normally like to be in the middle.

At GT there are 10 cabanas, with #1 being down towards the swim up bar, and #10 being by the Flowrider and the beach. We prefer the higher numbers here.

Thanks!

More helpful information!

You've got the most beautiful beach...what more could you possibly need ;).

I love Half Moon Cay......it is absolutely GORGEOUS

Brianna,

Just viewed your Imagination/Sunshine review yesterday. It was amazing! I love what a great time you and your dad have together. That's awesome! Too bad your mom is missing out :rolleyes:

Look forward to your next review of the Carnival Dream!

Karyn

Edited by disneyfan68

I'm 0 for 3 at HMC and scheduled to try again in August. I've seen that it's beautiful- from the deck. Swells too big to launch tenders.

That's what I've heard. We have not been so I am hoping they can tender. Hoping for calm spring seas :D

Karyn

I'm 0 for 3 at HMC and scheduled to try again in August. I've seen that it's beautiful- from the deck. Swells too big to launch tenders.

How much is the lunch buffet?

Thanks in advance-

It's free :) but as I understand bottomless bubbles and cheers do not apply here. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's free :) but as I understand bottomless bubbles and cheers do not apply here. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong

I don't even think they had the option of having sodas but maybe I'm wrong.... the kids were fine with water and the lemonade...

As far as drinks they walk around with them and no, you can't use your cheers card for them.

Brianna,

Just viewed your Imagination/Sunshine review yesterday. It was amazing! I love what a great time you and your dad have together. That's awesome! Too bad your mom is missing out :rolleyes:

Look forward to your next review of the Carnival Dream!

Karyn

Well thank you so much Karyn :) My dad and I definitely know how to have fun. I believe part of it is that my mom realizes that cruising is the big thing that my dad and I enjoy doing together and she is cool with that

Be sure to check back in a few weeks for the Carnival Dream photo review

You are correct. You can purchase soda/beverages on the island, but you can not use Bottomless Bubbles or Cheers! to cover those purchases. I believe it has to do with how the island is configured and the limited number of POS terminals and their locations. The waiters that service the beach area still have to manually hand-write receipts that do not get settled until they board and submit receipts to appropriate department for those charges to be posted to your on-board account.

It would be nice if CCL could invest in tablet like devices that could wirelessly link to the POS system on ship to determine eligibility of a particular program or to handle Sail & Sign transactions.

You are correct. You can purchase soda/beverages on the island, but you can not use Bottomless Bubbles or Cheers! to cover those purchases.

Thanks for posing this. It's good to have what I understood confirmed! :)

LuLu

~~~

If you have to pay to rent snorkel gear dont bother. I brought my gear and there wasnt anything exciting to look at. With that being said the beach is probably one of the most amazing I've ever set foot on! The sand is like nothing I've ever experienced, its soft as baby powder!

AZmike480

Thanks for post this!

It says they can be rented once on the island. Does anyone remember where this rental station is located?

LuLu

~~~

There are a couple of places. One is the watersports hut which is on the beach near the entrance, the other is down by the Pirate Ship bar.

Hi all!

Thanks!

Karyn

We were on HMC last June and had cabana 7 or 8? You are close to the restrooms and lunch pavilion and the crowd thins out some on this end of the beach. The first thing you need to do when you board the ship is go to the shore excursion desk and select your cabana. Do not wait if you are looking for a particular cabana. Take advantage of the priority tendering with your rental and when you get to the island you can catch a shuttle that will take you to your cabana if it is on the far end. The cabana will have snorkel equipment, floats, fridge, air conditioner, outdoor shower and a misting fan. They will also deliver your snacks and drinks, tortilla chips, fruit and vegetable trays and soft drinks. They will ask you what type of soft drinks you want and what size snorkel equipment at the desk when you select your cabana. ****are you getting one of the smaller cabanas or the newer two level units?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk