Booked first Carnival cruise - Liberty Feb 2015

Terab85

After a couple of weeks of deciding, we've (actually ME) have booked our our first Carnival cruise to celebrate our 25th anniversary next Feb. 7 day Western on the Liberty.

I look forward to reading everyone's great tips for things to do and excursions to check out. Any advice will be greatly appreciated ;)

Congrats.

Cozumel - Chankanaab, Mr. Sanchos, rent a vehicle and drive around the island to see the East side, Casa Denis restaurant downtown, Wet Wendy's open air restaurant/bar downtown, Panchos Backyard restaurant downtown and also at the port.

Roatan - Victor Bodden tours.

Belize - Wet Lizard bar/restaurant at the port.

Costa Maya - Take a cab to the fishing village of Majuhaul -- $3pp going and $2pp coming back. 10 minute ride. Walk the malecon (concrete boardwalk) and check out all the restaurants and shops. Tropicante gets good reviews. We like the 'el Delphin' where we get a whole fried fish, cold drinks and sit in the shade of a palapa. Nice beach. You can see the cruise ships from there.

Enjoy --

Congrats on making it to 25!!!! :)

The way my wife and I argue, I'd be happy if we make it to 10 years...lol...

Thanks! Arguing is okay, means your still talking to each other ;)

Edited by Terab85

Congrats.

Cozumel - Chankanaab, Mr. Sanchos, rent a vehicle and drive around the island to see the East side, Casa Denis restaurant downtown, Wet Wendy's open air restaurant/bar downtown, Panchos Backyard restaurant downtown and also at the port.

Roatan - Victor Bodden tours.

Belize - Wet Lizard bar/restaurant at the port.

Costa Maya - Take a cab to the fishing village of Majuhaul -- $3pp going and $2pp coming back. 10 minute ride. Walk the malecon (concrete boardwalk) and check out all the restaurants and shops. Tropicante gets good reviews. We like the 'el Delphin' where we get a whole fried fish, cold drinks and sit in the shade of a palapa. Nice beach. You can see the cruise ships from there.

Enjoy --

Thank you for the great ideas. I've copied & pasted to my list.

You picked a great ship! Depending on how things turn out, my daughter and I are considering the same ship, same date. BlueIguana Cantina is my favorite place to eat on Liberty, for excellent burritos.

You picked a great ship! Depending on how things turn out, my daughter and I are considering the same ship, same date. BlueIguana Cantina is my favorite place to eat on Liberty, for excellent burritos.

Heard this was a great ship and I'm super excited. I'm sure I'll have a million questions between now and Feb :p

After a couple of weeks of deciding, we've (actually ME) have booked our our first Carnival cruise to celebrate our 25th anniversary next Feb. 7 day Western on the Liberty.

I look forward to reading everyone's great tips for things to do and excursions to check out. Any advice will be greatly appreciated ;)

Great ship, was on her last year!! You will have a great time!!! Congratulations on 25 years!! we are celebrating our 3rd anniversary this may we have been cruising every year since our honeymoon. We love cruising. Enjoy!! I think I can post some pics of her as well. What kind of room did you get? We had the grand suite!

5/15/11 Carnival Valor

5/14/12 Carnival destiny

5/11/13 Carnival Liberty

5/11/14 Carnival Glory

Great ship, was on her last year!! You will have a great time!!! Congratulations on 25 years!! we are celebrating our 3rd anniversary this may we have been cruising every year since our honeymoon. We love cruising. Enjoy!! I think I can post some pics of her as well. What kind of room did you get? We had the grand suite!

5/15/11 Carnival Valor

5/14/12 Carnival destiny

5/11/13 Carnival Liberty

5/11/14 Carnival Glory

Would love to see your pictures. Does it make me creepy that I enjoy seeing people's vacation pictures? *lol* :p We booked a balcony on the panorama deck. We just moved to Georgia from Colorado, so now that we are closer to the East Coast, might be cruising more often :cool:

Would love to see your pictures. Does it make me creepy that I enjoy seeing people's vacation pictures? *lol* :p We booked a balcony on the panorama deck. We just moved to Georgia from Colorado, so now that we are closer to the East Coast, might be cruising more often :cool:

Just posted a few for you :-)

5/15/11 Carnival Valor

5/14/12 Carnival destiny

5/11/13 Carnival Liberty

5/11/14 Carnival Glory

I am booked on the Liberty on Feb 15 doing the western itinerary. Website shows Eastern on Feb. 8. Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We're on the same cruise. Hoping there will be a meet & greet. Or did you mean Feb 15th of 2013?

Edited by Terab85

We are cruising in 2015. I misread the original post. It says Feb, 7 DAY cruise. It did not mean the 7th of Feb.

Looking forward to it. Long way to go. Is it to early to start a roll call?

Heard this was a great ship and I'm super excited. I'm sure I'll have a million questions between now and Feb :p

I see you are somewhat new to this site...hope you are also checking out your rollcall as well.

We have been on the Liberty 3 times over the years. I am sure you will have a great time.

Happy cruising

Ian

We are cruising in 2015. I misread the original post. It says Feb, 7 DAY cruise. It did not mean the 7th of Feb.

Looking forward to it. Long way to go. Is it to early to start a roll call?

I saw there was a roll call for every week in Feb except ours :( Would love to hook up with other people. :D

I don't want to be such a newbie that I would post this on the main board, but if anyone can answer, I'd appreciate it.

How does the dining work? Can we request being at a table by ourselves or with other people or do we have to wait until dinner the first night? Since it's just me & DH, I wouldn't mind meeting others at dinner. I also heard the Silver dining room was nicer than the Golden one. Do you request that when you board?

Does anyone know when the formal nights are for this cruise? I keep seeing that they are usually on the At Sea days.

Last question (for now ;)) I want to book the steakhouse for the night of our anniversary. Can I do that online or do I have to book that when we board?

Edited by Terab85