Discover card?

Heleftherakiss

Does anyone know if NCL accepts Discover for the on board account? I don't use credit cards anymore and just realized that that is the only card I have that is not expired. On a related note, if you use cash to fund your account, when do you set that up? If it's going to be a big hassle, I might just see if I can use one of my mom's cards and pay her back. Or if we both used one card, can they separate the charges so you can see what each person spent?

Not only do they accept it but it is also one of the few cards that does not charge foreign transaction fees so we always use it on our cruises. I have never been anywhere in the caribbean where it has not been accepted.

So, the Discover card does not charge foreign transaction fees anywhere in the world? Is this correct?

If so this is great! I learn something new every time I sign on to CC.

Thanks for the info.

Happy and safe cruising all!! :D

So, the Discover card does not charge foreign transaction fees anywhere in the world? Is this correct?

If so this is great! I learn something new every time I sign on to CC.

Thanks for the info.

Happy and safe cruising all!! :D

The catch is that many places around the world only accept Visa or Mastercard. Discover is becoming more widely accepted but it's not there yet.

The catch is that many places around the world only accept Visa or Mastercard. Discover is becoming more widely accepted but it's not there yet.

I see, though I rarely see where it is not accepted. Good to have more than one card with when you travel, anyway.

Thanks!!

clb

MC and Visa still remain the most accepted cards throughout the world. The Olympics in England spurred the use of Discover in Europe, though its still not widely accepted.

Whatever card you use, be sure to contact the credit card company to let them know you will travel outside your home area so they can watch for potential fraud and not freeze your card while you are away.

Darcy