Our fabulous week on the Allure! 3/9/14 Sailing

Hi, glad you enjoyed the Allure, I'm sorry that you fell for the shuttle scam at many of the hotels. A cab ride from the hotels in your area is only about $12 - $15, so it makes no sense for you to pay $14 for two and need to wait for the shuttle. The hotels push everyone to the shuttle because they get a kick-back from the shuttle company. Next time just ask for a taxi. It's so bad at some hotels, you may need to make the call to the taxi company.

That was certainly a lesson learned! Many taxis were also pulling up, so I know better for next time.

Thanks for all the comments. It makes me so happy to know that others are enjoying my review! It's a great opportunity to reread my journal and go through my pictures for some shots to flow with the story. I will get at least part of day 2 up tonight.

I love having a sea day for my first full day on a ship. It's the perfect time to relax into vacation mode and explore more of the ship. We had set our first room service delivery tag out on the door when we went to bed. They called right at the beginning of the delivery window and arrived within 5 minutes. Why did we never do this before?! Starting the day with coffee on the balcony was perfect. It was even better that I didn't even need to change out of my pajamas or have to go get it. This room service trend kept up for most of the cruise.

34gx6rp.jpg

What beats a breakfast with this view?

j800ie.jpg

After enjoying our slow wakeup, we put on bathing suits and headed out. We did stop at Boardwalk Donuts. These self-serve donuts were tasty! I was surprised how much I enjoyed the key lime donut. It was at this very moment that I realized I'd be packing on some weight this week!

2sbo7pg.jpg

359en1w.jpg

We headed up to the pool deck. I first tried to find a spot near the beach pool but it was packed. It was like that throughout most of the week. No problem since there were many other options. We settled at the sports pool in loungers. The sun played hide and go seek with the clouds throughout the morning. We enjoyed some reading in the slowly increasing sunshine. We rarely take quiet time to read at home unless it's right at bedtime. I tend to be so tired that I abandon it quickly. One of the best parts of vacation is the opportunity to read for enjoyment.

5xoc9d.jpg

I have to take a moment to share one of the best new cruise essentials I brought this trip. I picked these towel clips up at Target clearance at the end of last summer. They were perfect for windy days on deck or beaches! I had never seen them before so I want to share incase others are also clueless about these tropical towel holding miracles.

211waqu.jpg

Once we started to feel hungry again, we headed down to the Park Cafe for lunch.

tafuk0.jpg

It was time to try the much talked about roast beef sandwich. We loved them! They were the perfect lunch option. We split a made-to-order salad and bag of chips to go with them. I also discovered the flavored strawberry kiwi water available in the Park Cafe. It was a refreshing drink! The hubs enjoyed the mango flavored water.

2nv88p3.jpg

2z6yv6q.jpg

After lunch it was up to the Wipeout bar. I have to stress again our love for the kind bar tenders up there. We grabbed a beer, sat and chatted, and watched the Flow Riders. We moved towards the back rail and watched the wake for a bit. I love watching the water change to that Caribbean blue as we sail on! I think that is why this quickly became one of my favorite areas on the ship.

2nbrek8.jpg

ezpcw5.jpg

We wandered a bit around the sports deck area and took some pictures.

xfcheg.jpg

It was amazing to us that this ship had so many people but they were so well spread out. Of course the pool deck was crowded on sea days, but it was no worse than what we've experienced on other ships. You were always able to find a lounger somewhere.

This particular afternoon, we settled back near the sports pool and took a dip. This time we utilized the chairs along the narrow side. The water was freezing! I just didn't expect it. It certainly felt warmer than the Atlantic at home, but it was still cold to me. We watched some volleyball games before heading back to our stateroom to shower and enjoy some more reading on the balcony. We had reservations for Giovanni's Table and Chicago tonight.

Love the review! What time did you get to the pool the first sea day that you weren't able to get a chair at the beach pool?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think it was probably around 9:30AM. That pool was the most popular during our sailing.

I'm totally enjoying your posts/pictures. We sail on Allure in 9 days. A last minute cruise but one that we have been looking forward to since these ships came into existence. Keep these plats coming,,,,

I was on this same sailing! It was a very smooth cruise, without delays or glitches on the way, despite we rescued the occupants of a raft in distress the morning after leaving Jamaica.

Not sure if others will agree with me, but I cruised on Allure back in February 2013, and for this occasion I noticed a decline in the food quality and variety, both in the WJ and MDR. Also the BBQ ribs at Labadee were not at the level I was expecting from RCI...

But I there are some improvements: they are not charging $25 for missing or late returned towels anymore!

BTW, nice trip report TryingCruising.

Love your Review!!!

We will be on Allure in 22 days!!!...Can't wait!

Do you remember what movies were in the 3D Theater and Any movies at night at the Aqua Theater (if so what movies)???

Thanks Again!!!!

The aqua theater showed the hobbit and frozen.

I don't remember the 3d... I'm hoping to get the compasses posted eventually.