Our fabulous week on the Allure! 3/9/14 Sailing

Really a wonderful review!!! Thanks for helping to pass the time till June 1. I love reading this post when I relax at night! Did you go into the pool at margaritaville?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We didn't. I forgot it was there and wasn't in a bathing suit!

I hope to share the compasses. I need to scan them at work and our fancy scanner printer combo is down at the moment. Hopefully next week!

Loving the review!! Pics and writing are fantastic!!

We sail Western soon also and would love to see current compass

I hope to share the compasses. I need to scan them at work and our fancy scanner printer combo is down at the moment. Hopefully next week!

I can relate to technology not working. I think the multi-function machine at my office hates me. Looking forward to the Compasses and more review!

I would love to see the compasses as well. I am also a planner, we go on the same cruise in June, these will be a big help!! :):)

THANKS!

Hi I'm so excited I would like to ask question for some reason it will not allow me to create a new topic but In August I'm going on the allure of the seas for my honey moon (super excited first cruise!) what are the best or descent hotels near the fortladale airport and cruise port? Thank you all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi I'm so excited I would like to ask question for some reason it will not allow me to create a new topic but In August I'm going on the allure of the seas for my honey moon (super excited first cruise!) what are the best or descent hotels near the fortladale airport and cruise port? Thank you all

There is some excellent info about hotels in the Florida Departures forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alot of cruisers like the Embassy Suites. Shopping, resturants nearby. You can get a good rate on their website.

Happy HoneyMoon! We are cruising next month to celebrate our 40th Anniversary:D A cruise is a very fun/special way to celebrate.

Bev

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry- I didn't forget you. I'm back with more to share!

Day 5, Part 1:

We did not put out a room service tag today. It was a struggle getting up to go get our own coffee. We quickly adapted to the luxurious life of room service and no set schedule to leave the balcony. It was right then that I realized we might not survive at home. I blocked that thought out and decided to enjoy a few more days of being waited on and pampered while others did the dishes and cleaning! We took our time this morning, waking slowly. I was finishing a book and glad to be in my stateroom since I was crying at the ending of it.

After our slow start, it was off to Johnny Rockets for breakfast.

egnuog.jpg

This was a great venue for breakfast and never too crowded. That being said, this was the only day we went! There were just so many options onboard. I also had some trouble walking by the donuts to head elsewhere :)

We were off to enjoy our first Starbucks at sea! When I heard the Allure had a Starbucks, I was obsessed. I love the coffee and macchiatos at home and go about once a week. I just can't afford to go more! I loaded a bit of money onto my gold card expecting to need the coffee everyday. This was coming off two NCL cruises where we found the coffee horrible. I enjoyed the room service coffee on Royal so I didn't need this to fill my addiction. I was thankful to not be spending so much but happy to enjoy this treat on a sea day.

We walked the track with our Starbucks and settled at the back to watch the wake. There were always wooden chairs open aft on deck 5 and I think it's a prefect spot. It's also an easy flight of stairs up to the boardwalk.

33js0fp.jpg

What I think is Grand Cayman in the distance

20h39tc.jpg

It was bathing suit time! We dressed for a day up on the pool deck. Today we hung out in the Solarium and enjoyed a dip in the tiny, but very efficient pool. It was crowded on this sea day (unlike the below photo) but it was perfect for cooling off.

3590bur.jpg

The solarium was HOT. It felt good for a bit but we were eager for shade once we dried off lounging in the sun. We retreated to the Solarium Bistro for lunch. The chicken fajita tacos were so delicious!

2nh432c.jpg

After lunch we were still eager for shade. We headed back up to the Solarium bar area to settle in a comfy chair and read. We enjoyed a beer in the coozies I purchased in the gift shop. They are an absolute necessity for enjoying a cold beer in hot temps!

2vn15yh.jpg

The weather was postcard perfect today and the seas felt so incredibly calm. You only noticed you were moving when the occasional cloud would go the opposite direction overhead.(This smooth, clam feeling changed at dinner time when the motion became noticeable. I'm going to guess this might be common when approaching Cozumel. The ship was still so huge that movement didn't compare to what we've noticed on other cruises.)

After lounging and enjoying vacation some more, the husband was ready to try a hotdog. We headed down to the Boardwalk.

2qxw7bt.jpg

qq1owg.jpg

He enjoyed his late afternoon snack. I don't eat hotdogs so I can't comment on the taste, but he said it was pretty good. I opted to snack on another delicious slice in Sorrentos.

Back in our cabin we showered and got ready for formal night. There was a beautiful balcony sunset to enjoy this evening.

voptv9.jpg

We headed to the champagne bar to enjoy a pre-dinner cocktail. I was so impressed by the detail of each venue on this ship. This bar was serving small appetizers with cocktails. We didn't enjoy any since we weren't staying long but grabbing a drink to take to the dinner wait. I was surprised the bar wasn't more crowded at night during our sailing. I'm going to guess the popular venues might shift each week.

mrblad.jpg

We checked in for dinner and were seated about 15 minutes later. We definitely noticed an increased crowd for this formal night. There was a mix of dress from jeans to tuxes. I think you can wear whatever is comfortable for you. I'm not one of those people bothered by what others preferred, so I say do what you feel makes your vacation.

I'll include the menus in the next posting. We both enjoyed the fishermens plate that came with shrimp and lobster. It was a small portion but worked for us. Living in New England we are used to large, delicious Maine lobster. This clearly didn't compare, but it was a tasty bit of seafood. Our server was eager to bring us another plate if we wanted, but we elected to enjoy dessert and coffee. I think the last thing either of us needed on this cruise was more food!

After dinner we strolled through Central Park. There was always a small crowd near the Trellis bar and it gave a great city atmosphere to this ship neighborhood. The live strings were fabulous.

21oow74.jpg

We headed down to the theater to see the headliner show: Mo5aic. They were apparently featured on America's Got Talent. We enjoyed their acapella performance. Bohemian Rhapsody was our favorite! After the show we stopped in the cabin to change and decided to just call it a night. I was excited for our upcoming day in Cozumel!

I have never seen any one so concerned with cabin temperature. Seems like an awfully big deal to you.

Thank you for this review love it.

There have been many reviews in the past year and half where people said their cabins were too warm during the night even with their ac setting lowest, did you find this to be true?

What a great review can't wait for more!

Question, when you board the ship were there workers there taking orders for the specialty dining restaurants? Also, how was the temperature of your cabin at night?

The specialty reservations were being made somewhere...maybe in Central Park at the restaurants? Or possibly on the Promenade.

I think I answered your temp question in another thread, but we were very comfortable. No complaints at all.