Shore Excursions New England

Grandma5

• 2 weeks later...

I've rented cars in both places. The car rental locations are convenient, the drives are not difficult and the scenery is great. In Halifax, I've driven to Peggy's Cove and also out to Mahone Bay and Lunenboerg. In Saint John, I've headed north to St. Martin's and south to St. Andrews.

When you drive yourself, you learn less about the area -- unless you've done some research ahead of time. But you gain a lot in flexibility and have the opportunity to find some hidden gems. And the car rentals are cheaper than the excursions.

One of those hidden gems is a restaurant in West Dover on the drive to Peggy's Cove. Just a little place that seems to serve as the social hub of this small town -- with fabulous fish-n-chips.

kenandlaura06 - I believe that was Grandma5's first post. Let's give the newbies a little slack so they won't be scared to ever post again;) ....

There's lots of posts asking questions regarding the cruises that are doing the Canda/New England route on this particular message board.

Hopefully the questions can just be answered regardless if they are specific to New England or involving Canada, too, since the ship is going both places.

Not trying to be picky but...Canada is not in New England!!! Perhaps post on the Canada thread???

I just came to this board to get info for my Canada/New England cruise.

Grandma - thank you for asking the question. I am curious about these ports also.

kenandlaura06 - I believe that was Grandma5's first post. Let's give the newbies a little slack so they won't be scared to ever post again;) ....

There's lots of posts asking questions regarding the cruises that are doing the Canda/New England route on this particular message board.

Hopefully the questions can just be answered regardless if they are specific to New England or involving Canada, too, since the ship is going both places.

Not trying to scare anyone away...I just figured that since there is a board specific to Canada, the OP might find more helpful information there :)

Archived