An Open Letter to CCL on "Kids Sail Free"

T2C

I wish carnival would quit being deceiving and actually make the 3rd and 4th guest free...

They do under the terms listed. It's obvious you saying they are being deceptive 100 times and then being corrected 100 times is getting nowhere. Unless they extend it, the sale will be over in 40 minutes and therefore a mute point. Aside from the glitches in the first few hours of the sale, it sold as outlined on the terms and plenty of people caught savings. If you didn't and tried then you booked at a better rate to begin with. Simple as that.

They do under the terms listed. It's obvious you saying they are being deceptive 100 times and then being corrected 100 times is getting nowhere. Unless they extend it, the sale will be over in 40 minutes and therefore a mute point. Aside from the glitches in the first few hours of the sale, it sold as outlined on the terms and plenty of people caught savings. If you didn't and tried then you booked at a better rate to begin with. Simple as that.

Dishonesty at its finest by Carnival

Seems pretty straight forward to me and Lovey.

THIS KIDS SAIL FREE RATE INCLUDES

3rd /4th /5th Guests: FREE - price below is average per person to allow comparison vs other promotions

$50 per person non-refundable deposit

Don't pay the rest until 30 days before you sail

Choose your room

Disclaimer

3rd/4th/5th guests are free combinable with Carnival’s Fun Select rates only. $50 per person non-refundable deposit is applicable to sailings outside of final payment due date. Final payment due date is only 30 days prior to sailing for cruises between May 1, 2014 and August 28, 2014. Changes made to the reservation may result in the assessment of cancellation penalties or service fees. Offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Offer is for the cruise fare only and does not include Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses. Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses range from $42.38 to $324.27, and are assessed on a per guest basis for all guests according to the itinerary. Guest may select the stateroom, but a minimum purchase of category 4A is required. Offer is not applicable on Carnival Australia sailings. Offer is applicable on new bookings made between March 29, 2014 and April 4, 2014 EST on select cruises that depart between May 1, 2014 and August 28, 2014.

I don't think it is deceptive at all, but if you are not familiar with Carnival it sure can be a bit difficult to decipher and understand everything. I see why some people would get frustrated. It is not dishonest or deceptive, it is a bit unclear for casual observers though.

I see people complaining about how many promotions carnival has going at one time. I feel like it's a good thing for those that aren't getting their lowest rate from the KSF SALE. At least they have other options to look to for their best rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wish carnival would quit being deceiving and actually make the 3rd and 4th guest free...
I wish Carnival would give me free cruises

but it's not likely to happen since Carnival Corp. is a For-Profit commercial operation. :cool:

Hang on...let me change that demand:

I need to make it a bit more realistic

so Carnival gets my point, fer real --

I want Carnival to pay me for cruising on their ships. :)

Seems pretty straight forward to me and Lovey.

THIS KIDS SAIL FREE RATE INCLUDES

3rd /4th /5th Guests: FREE - price below is average per person to allow comparison vs other promotions

$50 per person non-refundable deposit

Don't pay the rest until 30 days before you sail

Choose your room

Disclaimer

3rd/4th/5th guests are free combinable with Carnival’s Fun Select rates only. $50 per person non-refundable deposit is applicable to sailings outside of final payment due date. Final payment due date is only 30 days prior to sailing for cruises between May 1, 2014 and August 28, 2014. Changes made to the reservation may result in the assessment of cancellation penalties or service fees. Offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Offer is for the cruise fare only and does not include Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses. Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses range from $42.38 to $324.27, and are assessed on a per guest basis for all guests according to the itinerary. Guest may select the stateroom, but a minimum purchase of category 4A is required. Offer is not applicable on Carnival Australia sailings. Offer is applicable on new bookings made between March 29, 2014 and April 4, 2014 EST on select cruises that depart between May 1, 2014 and August 28, 2014.

This is what I read.... not confusing at all to me. Sometimes people have "selective" reading...LOL

Kids sail free if adults pay the non-discounted "fun select" fare. It's not a new jacked up price. It's the base fare and has always been there. When you are booking online the website will show you the promotion or discounted fares as your first few options, but if you click the link below that says "all fares" the fun select is there and always was. Book with that fare and the kids are free, free, free, just as advertised. If you don't understand that kids sale free does not apply to already discounted fares that has nothing to do with Carnivals dishonesty but rather your comprehension and/or computer literacy skills. This is the same practice on all lines and granted some of the booking tools on the other lines websites may be easier to navigate it does not change the fact that you will be paying an un-discounted fare for the first 2 passengers in order for the 3rd, 4th to be free on all lines. This is not a scheme or a lie, it's a promotion, and it

saved me money. Thank you Carnival. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

How about reading the new thread of those benefitting from this promo. Obviously they read the terms and understood them.

It has nothing to do with understanding terms, it's about marketing something knowing that most people think they are actually getting something for free. Why would you book a higher rate for fun?

It has nothing to do with understanding terms, it's about marketing something knowing that most people think they are actually getting something for free. Why would you book a higher rate for fun?

Some people don't qualify for lower rates or want restrictions that come with lower rates.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I prefer selecting the rate that gets me the best deal based on my situation. I don't always sail with my kids but always select my cabin. Someone else might not care which cabin they're in, but sail with their kids. Each of us to select the best deal for our individual needs. I usually book early saver which comes with its own set of issues. Carnivals marketing allows you to select what works best for you. Just because you can't combine discounts doesn't mean anything is wrong with it...

I think it's funny that so many people, no matter how the facts are laid out for them still want to argue that Carnival is being dishonest with this promotion. I'm shocked so many are veteran cruisers too!

Sidebar: You could create a really fun drinking game by taking a shot every time the word "deceiving" appears in this thread. :cool:

[quote name='Mizzouaholic']If it says kids sail free, then the cruise price should simply be the same price as it would be for 2 people in a cabin. It's plain and simple. All cruise lines and stores should just cut the crap and not try to confuse people I to believing something is actually free. Free=Free[/quote]

It does (did) say, "Kids sail free. Restrictions apply." It did not say "Kids sail free on all sailings." No one deceived you, you just don't want to believe you're wrong.

[quote name='Mizzouaholic']Dishonesty at its finest by Carnival[/quote]

How is it dishonest to say terms and conditions apply?

[quote name='Mizzouaholic']Why is it so hard to market honestly. Simply set a rate for a cruise, and if your sale is for kids sail free, then kids should sail free. It's really not that complicated.[/quote]

Have you never booked a cruise on Carnival before? Have you never seen that there are 80 bajillion different rate codes available at any time. Some high, some low, most with different rules, restrictions, and/or penalties. Why is this one any different to you? This is the way Carnival operates their fare structure. If you don't like it, don't patronize them.

A local supermarket here often has a 10 for $10 sale. The fine print says "Must purchase 10 of item to receive sale price. Cannot be combined with other offers." I don't usually need 10 bottles of mustard all at once, so I'm willing to pay the higher price for it. Sometimes I have a coupon for $1 off, and it can be doubled, and then I get that bottle of mustard for less than the sale price of 10/$10. Sometimes a sale works in your favor, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes you have a coupon, and you come out ahead of the sale. Edited by irishnyc

[quote name='BabyJacks17']I think it's funny that so many people, no matter how the facts are laid out for them still want to argue that Carnival is being dishonest with this promotion. I'm shocked so many are veteran cruisers too!

Sidebar: You could create a really fun drinking game by taking a shot every time the word "deceiving" appears in this thread. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Or dishonest...

[quote name='Mizzouaholic']Why is it so hard to market honestly. Simply set a rate for a cruise, and if your sale is for kids sail free, then kids should sail free. It's really not that complicated.[/QUOTE]

Kids do sail free, based on the standard rate. Like I've said before, the early saver rate is a sale rate, which is not combinable with other sales. Kids sale free is a sale. So what you're asking for is the benefits if both sales. That's not possible. Nothing deceptive or confusing about it.

Pick a rate or a sale and go with it. Can't have both.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

[quote name='Mizzouaholic']Why is it so hard to market honestly. Simply set a rate for a cruise, and if your sale is for kids sail free, then kids should sail free. It's really not that complicated.[/QUOTE]

evidently it is because you aren't seeming to understand it.