Loyalty Programme?

Jayneykul

The awarding of the loyalty on WC is inconsistent. I was silver on embarkation this voyage and completed one part sector then another complete sector. No upgrade to Gold. Another group who'd never travelled with Cunard before, completed the same first sector I did, then the next one (as did I) and were awarded their Gold pins onboard. :(

If you booked the entire trip under one booking (even if the cruise is two or more segments) then they only count number of days rather than segments. Some people book multiple segments separately.

For example: I booked a Caribbean Celebration voyage of 19 nights in 2012/13 - it consisted of 12 nights to the Caribbean and a 7 night transatlantic. They counted it by days rather than by segment as I booked as a whole.

It would be far simpler and fairer if the loyalty grade was based solely on the number of days cruised with them.

Agreed. Under the current structure a passenger could, in throry, reach Diamond level after taking 16 two night "short break" trips. One who booked a thirty two night voyage would still be at Gold.

The only reason I can see for counting voyages would be inducement to get repeat passengers early on. Go on your second ever Cunard voyage ant it's remembered that you sailed with them before.

But surely a person who has done 7 cruises of whatever length is more loyal to the brand than someone who has only done 1 cruise albeit of the same length. P&o do theirs on nights on board and you can do one world cruise and be top level but that doesn't exactly show any loyalty does it? I often think it should be done on on board spend, sure we would be top level on both lines, judging by our bar bills ;)

But surely a person who has done 7 cruises of whatever length is more loyal to the brand than someone who has only done 1 cruise albeit of the same length. P&o do theirs on nights on board and you can do one world cruise and be top level but that doesn't exactly show any loyalty does it? I often think it should be done on on board spend, sure we would be top level on both lines, judging by our bar bills ;)

I agree that it should be based on how many nights you've sailed with Cunard. That said, I'm taking a short 2 night voyage on QM2 days before a 2 week cruise on QE. It will mean I'm gold for the QE.

However, this is merely a nice benefit since it isn't the reason I decided on the 2 nighter.

By July I'll have 35 days with Cunard since Dec 2012. With luck, I'll have many more days to come.

Agreed. Under the current structure a passenger could, in throry, reach Diamond level after taking 16 two night "short break" trips. .

Anyone taking 16 two night trips deserves to be Diamond.

David.