Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Hmmm is this correct?

Mini-Suite with Large Balcony

Featuring a king-size bed, sofa bed and some include an additional pullman bed. With a private balcony, these Mini-suites also offer amazing views.

Accommodates: 3-4

Total Approx. Size: 239 sq. ft.

Balcony Size: 32 sq. ft.

DECK(S)

Forward

CATEGORY

M6

NCL's website shows an M6 is 32 sq feet, way smaller than the M6's on BA/GA.

Not correct?

Well the M6's do appear to be similar in size to the Away's and not the listed 32 square feet

Today's webcam;

2015_04_20_Halle_6_2_W466.jpg

2015_04_20_Halle_6_W466.jpg

Those forward Haven balconies seem pretty good sized!

I'm on the H7 Forward Penthouse on deck 14. The balcony looks like and what is that big bump at the front window? It doesnt look like deck 14 is a good one :(

We are going to be in the Mid-ship BA Balcony 15190 Nov 21st cruise...Should I be worried about the Overhang from Garden Cafe and Sun Deck? What about chairs being moved around? When we sailed the Getaway, we had the Mid-ship Mini Suite on Deck 14. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I am wondering the same thing. I think I am going to change mine. We are in 15240. It looks like we would get to much shade from the overhang.

From what little I can tell, even though the aft-facing balconies don’t appear to be quite as deep as those on the Getaway, some look to be pretty close.

It looks like they are sized, from largest to smallest, as follows: deck 9, 11, 14, 12, 10 and 13.

Anyone have a better eye than me?

AftBalc.jpg.5a24100b27341e238931a76f8d0831e3.jpg

Edited by BeachRum

Does anybody know when the ship will leave Meyers werft?:confused:

https://www.ndr.de/unterhaltung/events/ndr2_papenburg/Hammer-Programm-beim-Festival-in-Papenburg,papenburg776.html

there is a music festival at the meyer werft at september the fifth. the escape will be outside the hall at the pier as background for the festival. think some days later she will go to the north sea.

Ok I know there are some that could care less to watch a movie under the starts. But I am not one of them..nor is my husband. When we were on the Princess we really enjoyed this option in the day while lounging at the pool and in the evening when relaxing on deck.

On the Escape it looks as though there will be this option. At least that is what I think I am seeing. Does anyone know if there is a large screen that will play movies in the day or night?

So I have never cruised NCL but currently have two future bookings on the Escape. From looking at the pics of the ship does anyone have any comments good or bad about rooms 15166 spa mini suite and room 8134 mini suite large balcony?

Booking a spa mini-suite (or any kind of spa cabin) would be an excellent idea, so you have access to the Thermal Suite. It's one of the best features of the ship. I feel so bad for people who cruise on Getaway/Breakaway/Escape and who do not get a spa cabin or buy a spa pass. They are missing out on something incredibly unique, special, and delightful. The thermal suite (we experienced it on Getaway) was literally the best cruise ship feature we ever experienced in 25+ cruises.

Ok I know there are some that could care less to watch a movie under the starts. But I am not one of them..nor is my husband. When we were on the Princess we really enjoyed this option in the day while lounging at the pool and in the evening when relaxing on deck.

On the Escape it looks as though there will be this option. At least that is what I think I am seeing. Does anyone know if there is a large screen that will play movies in the day or night?

The movie renders showed two screens on the wall next to the stage at the main pool (sometimes called the big white box when building Breakaway). They appeared to look like projector screens with a metal frame, not close to the large one at H2O.

Can't find the movie/grab a screenshot right now.

https://www.ndr.de/unterhaltung/events/ndr2_papenburg/Hammer-Programm-beim-Festival-in-Papenburg,papenburg776.html

there is a music festival at the meyer werft at september the fifth. the escape will be outside the hall at the pier as background for the festival. think some days later she will go to the north sea.

Thank you:)

Booking a spa mini-suite (or any kind of spa cabin) would be an excellent idea, so you have access to the Thermal Suite. It's one of the best features of the ship. I feel so bad for people who cruise on Getaway/Breakaway/Escape and who do not get a spa cabin or buy a spa pass. They are missing out on something incredibly unique, special, and delightful. The thermal suite (we experienced it on Getaway) was literally the best cruise ship feature we ever experienced in 25+ cruises.

I agree 100%, we had a spa balcony on the BA and was the best cruise ever, having access to the Spa Thermal Suite anytime was great, so relaxing, it was November out of NY so the weather wasn't so great all the time, so been at the Thermal Suite was amazing specially when the weather was no so great outside.

Another question:

Does anyone have any input on what might be better the Spice H20 or getting a pass to the Vibe beach club.

I was interested in a kids-free space for my last cruise, on the Getaway. I did the Vibe Beach Club, and had a wonderful experience. However, the Escape's Spice H20 is larger than the Getaway's, and is 100% kids-free all day long. (On the Getaway/Breakaway, Spice H20 is theoretically adults-only, but only during the day, which made it hard to police.) With its own bar, hot tubs, cool-yourself-off waterfall and adults-only policy, you might just get everything you want without having the expense of a Vibe pass or having to battle to get one when you board the ship. Now, that's the way to relax!

We had a spa cabin on the Celebrity Silhouette in January. We did not use it to much because there was no pool area or hot tubs or any kind and the relaxing chairs were always full.

However, I see on the Escape there is a vitality pool and a salt room as well as a snow room along with the regular spa places. It sounds great so I called to change my room but there were sold out. I was told to keep trying as one may come available.

They also sell passes so that is also an option.

I looked at the sizes of the Spice H2O and Vibe on the ship plans on the NCL website. The Spice looks like it is a pretty good size and if they enforce the adults only that may be the place to go.

I cannot wait to get on this ship and sail away :D

Unfortunately they have no quads in the Spa balcony area so we will see about a pass, provided we enjoy our spa cabin on the Breeze this Saturday!!!

Hey Jim,

Many thanks for posting. I've seen your videos and think they are fantastic! Although I'm not booked into a spa cabin (H3 Owners Suite), based on your recommendation, I intend to get the spa pass as it sounds great.

Thanks again.