Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Since there are no stupid questions, I was wondering if anyone knows if they have Diet Dr. Pepper on tap? I'm pretty sure NCL is Pepsi, not Coke, right? But you never know about Diet Dr. P.

Unfortunately, no. I'm addicted to Diet Mountain Dew, and they didn't have that, either. :(

Diet sodas actually are harder to deliver via tap (different ratios and clog the lines more) so its rare to see them offered via bar guns sadly...

Unfortunately, no. I'm addicted to Diet Mountain Dew, and they didn't have that, either. :(

If I have missed it, please point me in the right direction but I have been unable to book the Supper Club without using SDP on our upcoming Escape cruise.

Since all reservations are made under my name, I am fine, but others traveling can only make reservations using their SDP.

Is there a way to get NCL to book the Supper Club without using the dining package? I have attempted to call customer service a couple of times but was advised it can't be done. HELP!

Thanks

If I have missed it, please point me in the right direction but I have been unable to book the Supper Club without using SDP on our upcoming Escape cruise.

Since all reservations are made under my name, I am fine, but others traveling can only make reservations using their SDP.

Is there a way to get NCL to book the Supper Club without using the dining package? I have attempted to call customer service a couple of times but was advised it can't be done. HELP!

Thanks

I booked mine under the entertainment in my cruise summary. no problem they took my money

I booked mine under the entertainment in my cruise summary. no problem they took my money

Under Entertainment it shows regular rate for me, but discounted rate for wife since all reservation under SDP are in my name alone.

Edited by Chipster2

The inability to book the specialty dinner shows without using a SDP is a major flaw in the system. I had the exact problem on the Getaway in September with the Illusionarium. I had a 3 day dining package and then booked the Illusionarium separately. NCL screwed up everything and I ended up paying for mine as I wanted but my wife's UDP was used to discount the show for her. This resulted in an additional charge for Teppanyaki as she ran out of dining since they used it for Illusionarium against my request. It was a complete mess and I need up paying more than I would have if they had just let me pay the $35 for the show/dinner and left the 3 dining reservations alone. I tried to get them to fix it but they refused. Honestly I was so frustrated and it just wasn't worth the fight as I was ruining my cruise with the aggravation over the $15 or so dollars extra I need up paying. NCL really needs to fix this as it is not right to try and fore people to use the SDP for the discount on the show/dinner as it only gives you a $15 discount when you could have used it on a dining venue and save $30. I hope this makes sense as I was rambling as I felt my frustration coming back! :-)

Thanks

I don't know if they corrected it or not. We were on the December 12th cruise. My sister, had the 3 meal SDP. When she booked the supper club, it automatically gave her the $17.70 price. Naturally she didn't want it, because she'd rather use the SDP for a $35 meal at Teppanyaki, or Cagney's. After talking with 3 different cruise consultants they finally gave her to a technician. She cancelled the supper club, and loaded her up with 3 specialty inners. So her SDP would be used up. Then she booked the supper club again. It still came up $17.70.

The tech then cancelled the dinners, and left the supper club reservation as it was. We made reservations for 3 dinners when got on the ship, since we couldn't get Cagney's or Teppanyaki online. No Charge! At that time, the system didn't recognize SPD being used up for the supper club. As long as the SDP tag was on the booking, you got the reduced price for the supper club.

I will say we had reservation for the 5:45 show on embarkation day. You may be aware that they used to give you Cirque, on Epic or Illusionarium on Getaway free with UDP, if you used it the for the first show, the first night. Not sure if that's coming into play now or not, as they stopped that policy on those ships.

I don't know if they corrected it or not. We were on the December 12th cruise. My sister, had the 3 meal SDP. When she booked the supper club, it automatically gave her the $17.70 price. Naturally she didn't want it, because she'd rather use the SDP for a $35 meal at Teppanyaki, or Cagney's. After talking with 3 different cruise consultants they finally gave her to a technician. She cancelled the supper club, and loaded her up with 3 specialty inners. So her SDP would be used up. Then she booked the supper club again. It still came up $17.70.

The tech then cancelled the dinners, and left the supper club reservation as it was. We made reservations for 3 dinners when got on the ship, since we couldn't get Cagney's or Teppanyaki online. No Charge! At that time, the system didn't recognize SPD being used up for the supper club. As long as the SDP tag was on the booking, you got the reduced price for the supper club.

I will say we had reservation for the 5:45 show on embarkation day. You may be aware that they used to give you Cirque, on Epic or Illusionarium on Getaway free with UDP, if you used it the for the first show, the first night. Not sure if that's coming into play now or not, as they stopped that policy on those ships.

I know all this is very frustrating but I would say give the front-line people at the call centers and on the ship a break here. I work in IT supporting enterprise systems and there have been plenty of times in the past management has made decisions and told IT to "figure it out". I feel the same scenario is going on here. There appears to be bugs in their systems and it will take time for it to get ironed out. I have hit this scenario with NCL when booking shore excursions. My upcoming cruise on the Escape I have the $50 shore excursion credit per port. I have already decided what excursions I wanted to do. I was unable to book them online and utilize my shore excursion credit--I had to call the 1-800 number and wait on hold to speak with an agent to get these excursions booked. I would have much rather booked them online.

I appreciate the information and yes, it still is frustrating because it is a definitely a flaw in the system. I hate to wait until we board but just might have to do that and see if we can figure it out or just go ahead and pay the $15.00 extra.

Thanks for the responses.

I know all this is very frustrating but I would say give the front-line people at the call centers and on the ship a break here. I work in IT supporting enterprise systems and there have been plenty of times in the past management has made decisions and told IT to "figure it out". I feel the same scenario is going on here. There appears to be bugs in their systems and it will take time for it to get ironed out. I have hit this scenario with NCL when booking shore excursions. My upcoming cruise on the Escape I have the $50 shore excursion credit per port. I have already decided what excursions I wanted to do. I was unable to book them online and utilize my shore excursion credit--I had to call the 1-800 number and wait on hold to speak with an agent to get these excursions booked. I would have much rather booked them online.

While I usually agree with the thought that you need to be patient, in this case I think NCL is simply incompetent. I sailed in September and had the same issue. I tried to deal with the guest services and the Haven concierge to absolutely no avail. I think that passengers have a right to be frustrated with this situation as it is a major glitch in their system and they appear to be making no effort to fix it. I talked to the guest services one the phone and on the ship and no-one showed any desire to fix this exact issue on the Getaway for me. I love sailing NCL and this is not a major dollar issue but it is wrong and NCL should be embarrassed by their lack of concern or response.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know the configuration of beds for rooms 9856 and 9858? I don't know how to determine if the beds are by the balcony or closet. I just upgraded from a BF to a B4 for no additional cost and not really sure how the balconies differ, aside from location.

Doing a mock booking, once you get to the page where you actually select a specific stateroom, there is a tiny little blue "view more" under room details which states bed location.

That said, it reads 9858 "bed near entrance" and 9856 "bed near balcony door".

Enjoy your cruise!

Doing a mock booking, once you get to the page where you actually select a specific stateroom, there is a tiny little blue "view more" under room details which states bed location.

That said, it reads 9858 "bed near entrance" and 9856 "bed near balcony door".

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the quick response and guidance on how to learn the layout! Is deck 9 a good deck to be on with a balcony? We were on 11 but now being on 9, I'm not sure if that's better. It seems were a lot closer to the main walking area. Hope that means we won't have disruption from people being loud outside.

Thanks for the quick response and guidance on how to learn the layout! Is deck 9 a good deck to be on with a balcony? We were on 11 but now being on 9, I'm not sure if that's better. It seems were a lot closer to the main walking area. Hope that means we won't have disruption from people being loud outside.

SWFL, I haven't cruised on Escape yet (but counting the days now!) so I can not answer. But you might want to post a new thread and ask for opinions on Escape family balconies on deck 9 as this thread has grown SO huge I think a lot of people are not following it as closely. :)

The bed was by the closet. You will love the balcony but use a washcloth to wipe the soot off the chairs and railing in the mornings before you enjoy your morning coffee with that view! Your cabin steward, Maneesh, is terrific.... Ice twice a day without even asking for it.

I am just sailed the Escape and had Maneesh as our room steward. He was incredible all week. Our room was impeccable for the entire cruise. I wrote a note about him in the post cruise survey.

I tried finding this answer in another thread but with no luck...I'm hoping someone might know the answer here.

I just switched from a BF on deck 11 AFT to a B4, Deck 9 MID (Rooms 9856 and 9858). Now I'm a little worried the view might not be as nice.

Interestingly, when I look at the descriptions on NCL's site, for the 9856 it lists the following bullets that are NOT included in the description for 9858.

Pier midship

Convertible Single Sofa Bed

Private Balcony

Floor to Ceiling Window

I'm not sure what that means that there is no note of a private balcony for 9858. Does anyone know the significance of a Pier midship?

How much does it cost to have clothes pressed onboard. Can I do it myself?

Found my answer. Roughly $4.00 per shirt for example. Press only. But you are without it for 2 days as they pick it up at 9:00am and you don't get it back until 6:00pm the next evening.

Found my answer. Roughly $4.00 per shirt for example. Press only. But you are without it for 2 days as they pick it up at 9:00am and you don't get it back until 6:00pm the next evening.

But they have a 1/2 price pressing special the first night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim