Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

I didn't ever see a wok station during my week. But I never ate dinner there.

This made me laugh.

I could also say, "I didn't see a wok station there. But I never was on the ship.

But of course, I wouldn't even have responded in the first place since.....I didn't know one way or the other.

Again, thanks for the laugh!

Harriet

If you are looking for an inexpensive way to see an overview of the island, they have open air busses that will give you a tour for $20pp. It was an ok tour, nothing exciting, but stops at overviews to take pictures, a couple of bars to get a beverage, the rum distillery, and the beach. We were suppose to have 45 min at the beach, but since we were running late, the driver asked if we could cut it to 15 minutes and we agreed. It was our last stop, and traffic in town was bad,and getting worse, so he didn't want to cut it too close to all aboard time. We returned with about 45 minutes to spare. a14944c44f146e5742439d631b01ae1a.jpg9a88a48c1db1ff11fdc4759f35fc0236.jpg5ba1482438c22fc459c5db8d818f30bb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We did this one too. Just keep walking until you walk out the gate and there are quite a few of these buses. They offer other things besides Island tour!!! We enjoyed it!!! Plus ours had free wifi!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This made me laugh.

I could also say, "I didn't see a wok station there. But I never was on the ship.

But of course, I wouldn't even have responded in the first place since.....I didn't know one way or the other.

Again, thanks for the laugh!

Harriet

I didn't say I wasn't ever in the buffet. I had some lunches there and also some pre show evening apps. So I did peruse the offerings to a fairly thorough degree. But I'm happy I could provide you with a laugh.....?

My daughter and I were very disappointed with Tortola. We didn't book an excursion figuring we would just check out the shops. Well, the shops are minimal, the shopkeepers seemed to have very little interest in the cruise passengers and their money. They all opened later than their posted hours despite having people gathering on the doorstep. The roads are very narrow without sidewalks and the people drive fast and crazy. Very hazardous to pedestrians.

The port area is a mess because they're building a large shopping area around the dock. Once that is completed, it may be a better itinerary stop.

We spent all of maybe 30 minutes off the boat in Tortola, and 25 of those minutes were spent taking pictures of the Spirit and the cargo ships across the bay. Tortola will probably be a pretty nifty stop in a year or two (maybe on the same level as like, Costa Maya), but right now, unless you have an excursion or a plan, there's not much to do around the port.

I'm having a difficult time choosing which stateroom I want for my December 2017 Escape cruise. Can anyone who have cruised on the Escape offer some advice?

We booked while on the ship during our last cruise, so we kind of just chose a room randomly while looking at deck plans from the book. We wanted an Aft-Facing Mini-Suite, but both were unavailable.

We are currently booked in a Mid-Ship Mini-Suite on Deck 15. Is this a good location, and is the balcony large enough to have lounge chairs?

I am debating between the cabin I've booked now, a Mini-Suite with a Large Balcony on Deck 8, or any of the Aft-Facing Balconies.

Which stateroom would you choose and why?

I'm having a difficult time choosing which stateroom I want for my December 2017 Escape cruise. Can anyone who have cruised on the Escape offer some advice?

We booked while on the ship during our last cruise, so we kind of just chose a room randomly while looking at deck plans from the book. We wanted an Aft-Facing Mini-Suite, but both were unavailable.

We are currently booked in a Mid-Ship Mini-Suite on Deck 15. Is this a good location, and is the balcony large enough to have lounge chairs?

I am debating between the cabin I've booked now, a Mini-Suite with a Large Balcony on Deck 8, or any of the Aft-Facing Balconies.

We were in aft facing balcony 12910 and loved it. The balcony had two lounge chairs and two regular chairs. The aft balconies on deck 12 are some of the largest from my research. Two things to take note of though - the ship overall has some extra motion and we especially felt it in our aft stateroom. For the first two days, it was bad enough to lose your balance regularly. If you have any motion sickness issues, I wouldn't recommend it. Also, there is soot that collects on the balcony furniture and floor overnight. This also seemed to be worse the first couple of days. I just wiped everything down with a washcloth every morning and didn't sit out there in anything light colored. But, the view from the oversized aft balcony was well worth those two minor complaints.

The bed is by the closet, sofa by the balcony in that cabin.

Deck 15 Balcony will NOT have lounge chairs and they will not fit on it. Deck 8 large balcony and large minisuite balcony's will/ should have lounge chairs.

Deck 15 Balcony will NOT have lounge chairs and they will not fit on it. Deck 8 large balcony and large minisuite balcony's will/ should have lounge chairs.

Thank you Jenjer, would you say deck 8 or deck 12 is a better room location?

IMO deck 8 100% We loved the large balcony on Getaway it was HUGE. We where also close to the restaurants and atrium, making crossing the ship easier or getting a cocktail and snack to enjoy it on our balcony. Didn't have to go in the elevators just to get a drink.

Deck 16 has all the pool and outdoor stuff but staying on 15 means more noise form people and chairs moving around on top of you.

Deck 12 is in the middle and should be quiet but not close to anything really.

If your staying outside of Haven defiantly Deck 8 Large Balcony mini is the best. Unless you are only 2 and are interested in getting a Spa Balcony. The balcony's are the normal size but you get Thermal spa access included with your room.

We chose balcony spa room on deck 15. There are two rooms with angled balconies (a little more leg room) close to the elevator and stairs. One is 15756, other is 15156. It's one deck under everything -- spa, fitness center, pool, slides, buffet, etc.. I don't think we will hear pool chairs being moved because the room is farther down.

IMO deck 8 100% We loved the large balcony on Getaway it was HUGE. We where also close to the restaurants and atrium, making crossing the ship easier or getting a cocktail and snack to enjoy it on our balcony. Didn't have to go in the elevators just to get a drink.

Deck 16 has all the pool and outdoor stuff but staying on 15 means more noise form people and chairs moving around on top of you.

Deck 12 is in the middle and should be quiet but not close to anything really.

If your staying outside of Haven defiantly Deck 8 Large Balcony mini is the best. Unless you are only 2 and are interested in getting a Spa Balcony. The balcony's are the normal size but you get Thermal spa access included with your room.

Not interested in the spa, we will try for the Vibe passes. I think deck 8 sounds like the way to go then.

Is there any way to know the layout of the rooms? Some of the large balcony mini suites hold 4 people and some hold 3, what is the difference in these?

One more question. I've never booked a guarantee cabin, but there are two MX guarantee mini-suite cabins on deck 8. They are identical to the other M6 minis with large balconies on deck 8, just all the way forward.

If I book this category, am I guaranteed one of these 2 cabins? I'm really not sure how this category works.

Not interested in the spa, we will try for the Vibe passes. I think deck 8 sounds like the way to go then.

Is there any way to know the layout of the rooms? Some of the large balcony mini suites hold 4 people and some hold 3, what is the difference in these?

Here is a photo looking down onto Deck 8. I found on instagram -- Freestylenovice I think. You can see how huge the balconies are, but know you may not always be in sun. I have never uploaded a photo before so I hope this works! Oh, the rooms for 4 have a pullman in the ceiling that drops down over the couch. Sort of like bunk beds, with the couch servng as the 3rd sleeping space.

image.jpg.3c1ff525945811e81b2d65de66cb7e65.jpg

Here is another more recent. It is looking directly down from the bridge walkout area, thru the glass floor. I really can not recall where I found this one -- so sorry! :( It is a great deck 8 pic.

Appreciate the help, thank you!

One more question. I've never booked a guarantee cabin, but there are two MX guarantee mini-suite cabins on deck 8. They are identical to the other M6 minis with large balconies on deck 8, just all the way forward.

If I book this category, am I guaranteed one of these 2 cabins? I'm really not sure how this category works.

I think the MX (and the four BX next to them) is a normal cat. which can be booked as any other. The X in their name is confusing.

I've read on CC of people regularly booking these cabins.

Do count in the extra motion of a cabin that forward but that's truly the only possible disadvantage to them. In a recent review thread I also read one of the sides has to accesed by an extra hallway, door or steps. Can't recall, will look it up!

edit; here it is; BX 8710 review by jrbeccles.

Edited by FreestyleNovice