Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Fantastic pic! Love both ships but QM2 is my baby. Probably my favorite passenger ship in the world right now. Can't wait to sail her again after her refit in Spring 2016. She is going to be even better!

No kidding. I always hated King's Court. I might have to try out the new QM2 in 2016 :D

No kidding. I always hated King's Court. I might have to try out the new QM2 in 2016 :D

The glass elevators will be removed permitting a complete redesign of the King's Court. Should be far superior after the refit.

For those who have been on the Aways and Escape, is the motion on the Escape so much worse that it should be a concern? I have sailed both Getaway and Breakaway and with the wrist bands and meds have been okay on both ships but I do get Motion sickness at times. I am booked in the Haven. Any insight would be appreciated.

I have been in a midship balcony on Getaway and aft balcony on Escape. The motion was definitely more severe on Escape especially in our stateroom although we felt it in other areas of the ship also. In the stateroom, we literally were lurching around the room for the first two days. If I stood at the sink to wash my face, I had to brace myself or I would fall into the mirror. I don't suffer from motion sickness and never use any preventative band or patch and it was tolerable for me. Hard to tell how you will do. The motion severity did improve after the first two days.

Same experience here. I was on mid to forward balcony on Escape and I had to sort of brace myself the first day and half or so. Not a big deal as I generally don't get motion sick. The rest of the vacation was pretty much smooth as glass but keep in mind that is dependent on the fact that there are no tropical storms in the area.

That said I'd pack the same bonine/patch as you normally do and roll with it (pun intended) :D

I have been in a midship balcony on Getaway and aft balcony on Escape. The motion was definitely more severe on Escape especially in our stateroom although we felt it in other areas of the ship also. In the stateroom, we literally were lurching around the room for the first two days. If I stood at the sink to wash my face, I had to brace myself or I would fall into the mirror. I don't suffer from motion sickness and never use any preventative band or patch and it was tolerable for me. Hard to tell how you will do. The motion severity did improve after the first two days.

What deck were you on on the Escape?

For those who have been on the Aways and Escape, is the motion on the Escape so much worse that it should be a concern? I have sailed both Getaway and Breakaway and with the wrist bands and meds have been okay on both ships but I do get Motion sickness at times. I am booked in the Haven. Any insight would be appreciated.

We were in the Haven (deck 18) and definitely felt movement. Hubby is very motion-sensitive, routinely wears a scop patch on cruises and was fine; I was queasy, needed meclizine the second day (just half a tab) but adjusted after that. And I NEVER need meds when I cruise! You'll be rockin' and rollin' a bit at first but I wouldn't be overly concerned. The Haven is beautiful, and the service first-rate. Enjoy!

Motion is a matter of the seas not the ship. I have been on both aways and and the Escape. All for a least one cruise that was a transatlantic. The most motion was on the Getaway but keep in mind it was a crossing to NYC in January. Not all 10 foot seas are the same. It depends on the direction. If they are quartering you will get some rolling. If they are following you won't know they are there.

My observation no more motion on the Escape then the Breakaway or Getaway. It is the luck of the draw with the seas. I crossed on the Escape forward on deck 18 and nobody had any issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Edited by time2cruise1

Do you mind me asking if you're bed was closer to the balcony or the closet? I will be in your cabin in two weeks. :D

The bed was by the closet. You will love the balcony but use a washcloth to wipe the soot off the chairs and railing in the mornings before you enjoy your morning coffee with that view! Your cabin steward, Maneesh, is terrific.... Ice twice a day without even asking for it.

Well, not sure what or when but the formerly Bliss/Breakaway Plus #2 will have a duck tail design.

A ducktail's primary purpose is to elevate the stern so that the ship can achieve forward downward trim. This prevents the ship from having to sail "uphill" over her own bow wave, and provides better water flow over the bulbous bow, which results in greater fuel efficiency. I've heard that they can also provide a smoother ride in rough seas, but that's all relative. A ducktail tends to slap waves, which causes the stern to shudder. For some, that could actually feel worse.

Edited by barnacle_boy

Question: is the night for the kids club, where the kids all sort of meet each other... Is this the first night on the ship?

Yes, except for the kids that don't go until the 2nd night. They meet others on the 2nd night... and except for the kids that don't go until the 3rd night... they will meet others on the 3rd night.

That's kind of what I was asking too. Because I remember reading the first night they had something where you register them and they meet other kids. But I guess that was a stupid question lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's nothing wrong with your question. :) There are no stupid questions. Don't be afraid to ask anything you are not sure of. There are only a few that will try to make you second guess your questions. :rolleyes:

My kids are older but I have read numerous time on here that you want to make sure you take your kids the very first day because some only go that day and meet friends that they then hang out with for the rest of the cruise.

Edited by peg013