Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Maybe someone will finally take my word on the fact that all of the aft penthouse balconies on Escape are considerably smaller than the ones on the earlier Breakaway and Getaway class. Oh well :p

To anyone interested, a nice cabin video of Aft H6 9318 was posted this morning, not sure if this is related to the other review someone mentioned, but I found the video very helpful as we have this exact cabin booked.

I've (mostly) been a silent lurker waiting for H6 info, specifically deck 9.

It's not that people didn't believe you, but saying that something is *smaller* than "HUGE" doesn't really give a lot of definition on "how big". :D I knew the balconies would be smaller, but I was waiting with a lot of anticipation to see the deck 9 H6 because we'll be travelling with a large group and I wanted to see how/if we'd all fit out there. This video was the first I'd seen for deck 9 H6.

I saw your pics, thanks for those. There's so much variation among the decks that it's nice to get a visual on each one.

Yes....I agree with you klepton - I think first hand information on the H6's on 9 has been difficult to find. I'm not really sure who the "someone" is that the post refers to :confused:. But I too am glad to see info specifically for 9318 . We have it booked for February 20th - and have never had the bed by the bath layout before.

You are correct - there is such variation deck to deck that visuals from the video and photos really helps put it all in to place.

That video is from the same guy that posted the fb photos I referred to - he posted it over there too! ;)

Edited by happy cruzin

Aft balcony sizes are dramatically smaller. On the escape now in Aft PH 10314. Not enough room to walk the length of balcony without moving furniture around. Balcony is about 6' deep by about 22' long. ImageUploadedByForums1450043020.115910.jpg.bd440e050e114ba137bfbc95aeae093f.jpg will give more detailed review when we return. Much to discuss on changes, but not all bad.

ImageUploadedByForums1450042921.835489.jpg.a5df9cf5676956797f03def183f504d3.jpg

Aft balcony sizes are dramatically smaller. On the escape now in Aft PH 10314. Not enough room to walk the length of balcony without moving furniture around. Balcony is about 6' deep by about 22' long. [ATTACH]371029[/ATTACH]. But they are larger than 78' sq. soot very bad in furniture. [ATTACH]371030[/ATTACH] will give more detailed review when we return. Much to discuss on changes, but not all bad.

My aft balcony on 12 is at least 8 feet deep and 8 feet wide. Two loungers and two chairs. Plenty of room for two people. Soot this morning wasn't as bad as yesterday. It's 6am and I'm sitting here with my coffee -- Starry sky is beautiful this early morning!

I love this photo. That's why I left it in the quote. Nice find, FreestyleN!

Not my post! Y'all assume great pics of Essie are post of mine har har, first step to world domination by the Dutch. The truth is that we really need a new ship to stalk and formerly Bliss won't be as popular! :D

Ok, maybe I'm slow or just not getting this but someone please help! Do we have to make reservations for dining in even the complementary venues? I was on ncl.com today and saw Manhattan Room listed and then under it said complementary. That doesn't seem very freestyle if we do?:confused:

Ok, maybe I'm slow or just not getting this but someone please help! Do we have to make reservations for dining in even the complementary venues? I was on ncl.com today and saw Manhattan Room listed and then under it said complementary. That doesn't seem very freestyle if we do?:confused:

You can if you want, you don't have to. Very freestyle that way.

I was just booking my dinner and shows for my upcoming Escape cruise and I just realized that I have signed up for a 7pm show but the splash academy doesn't open until 7pm. Does it happen to open any earlier for people going to the show or I am going to have to be late for the show?

Thanks

Greg

any experience with the alcohol waiver on Escape? I read on other NCL ships, they seem more lax and even allow this group to purchase anything?

just curious so I can monitor!

I have 3 18-20 year olds with us on Escape this January!:eek:

Not my post! Y'all assume great pics of Essie are post of mine har har, first step to world domination by the Dutch. The truth is that we really need a new ship to stalk and formerly Bliss won't be as popular! :D

MSC SEASIDE is the next to stalk. She looks amazing. Totally new design with some amazing features. Deck plans were released yesterday and bookings opened up as well. Can't wait for this ship!

After MSC SEASIDE then Celebrity's new Edge class of ships will catch my attention. So far not even so much as a rendering or sketch, at least not that I have seen.

There are renderings of a concept balcony cabin floating around. I'm not really close with anyone from St. Nazaire or Celebrity, but it would be an interesting choice. Not too dissimilar from Mein Schiff.

There are renderings of a concept balcony cabin floating around. I'm not really close with anyone from St. Nazaire or Celebrity, but it would be an interesting choice. Not too dissimilar from Mein Schiff.

I love the new TUI ships so if Edge follows suit to MEIN SCHIFF, count me in! It does make sense considering the relationship between RCI, Celebrity, and TUI. I think Harri Kulovaara has had major involvement with all the newbuilds.

I was just booking my dinner and shows for my upcoming Escape cruise and I just realized that I have signed up for a 7pm show but the splash academy doesn't open until 7pm. Does it happen to open any earlier for people going to the show or I am going to have to be late for the show?

Thanks

Greg

On other ships the kids club has opened a bit early due to show times.

I don't know whether that will be the case on your cruise though.

MSC SEASIDE is the next to stalk. She looks amazing. Totally new design with some amazing features. Deck plans were released yesterday and bookings opened up as well. Can't wait for this ship!

I was on a msc cruise a few years ago for nothing a company trip. Ports were great but i wouldnt go on another msc ship again if you paid me. Cold food , no manners just mop but others also felt the same was. Venice,athens great ship was bad. Msc musica