Residency Rates

How long to residency rates usually last? We are looking at the Explorer to Bermuda this summer. There is currently a residency rate that is available for us. The final payment for this cruise is 3/31 which is also when the current promo ends. My thought is to wait until after the final payment date and see what the price does. There seems to be lots of balconies available still but the residency rate is better than nothing. We have never booked any last minute cruises so I am not sure what the best strategy is.

How long to residency rates usually last? We are looking at the Explorer to Bermuda this summer. There is currently a residency rate that is available for us. The final payment for this cruise is 3/31 which is also when the current promo ends. My thought is to wait until after the final payment date and see what the price does. There seems to be lots of balconies available still but the residency rate is better than nothing. We have never booked any last minute cruises so I am not sure what the best strategy is.

The can last hours to weeks. As the sailing starts filling up the special rates will disappear. Also the resident rate can also drop or come back closer to the cruise date.

Thanks everyone! I think we are going to wait until after the final payment date and see what happens.

Good rule but it does not always hold true. For our cruise earlier this month he lowest price was a price drop that happened 2 weeks before final payment. Watch prices regularly and book when you see a price that you are comfortable with and then don't check after that.

We live in south Florida and have all 4 ports that RCCL uses within 2.5 hours of us. We frequently book last minute. I have found the best residential deals while traveling in the low season happen about 3-4 weeks from the sail date. However as summer approaches the last minute residential rates occur 4-5 days before the sail away. It's a guessing game and the best method is to book when you see a price you think is outstanding.