Best Chocolate Shops in Bruges?

I realize this may be subjective to individual taste but please share your thoughts and experiences on the best chocolate shops in Bruges. I have made note of the top five shops listed on Trip Advisor. Also if you purchased chocolate as gifts, did you have them shipped back home (in this case to the US) or did you carry them in your luggage? The obvious problem with the latter is we will still be traveling for three weeks after visiting Bruges and there is strong possibility that the chocolate may not even make it to the plane...if you know what I mean. :rolleyes:

I realize this may be subjective to individual taste but please share your thoughts and experiences on the best chocolate shops in Bruges. I have made note of the top five shops listed on Trip Advisor. Also if you purchased chocolate as gifts, did you have them shipped back home (in this case to the US) or did you carry them in your luggage? The obvious problem with the latter is we will still be traveling for three weeks after visiting Bruges and there is strong possibility that the chocolate may not even make it to the plane...if you know what I mean. :rolleyes:

Plane ? Mine didn't make it to the ship.

Rosann

We did not care for one that is popular cannot think of the name begins with an "L"

You can get a sample in most of the shops so then you can decide

If you are connecting in Amsterdam I would buy there

When we were in Bruges it was so hot they would have melted before we made it to the ship so just bought a couple to eat then YUMMMM

They were all good & very pricey ;)

enjoy

Lyn

Rosann

We did not care for one that is popular cannot think of the name begins with an "L"

You can get a sample in most of the shops so then you can decide

If you are connecting in Amsterdam I would buy there

When we were in Bruges it was so hot they would have melted before we made it to the ship so just bought a couple to eat then YUMMMM

They were all good & very pricey ;)

enjoy

Lyn

Lyn, are you possibly thinking of The Chocolate Line? We will be in Amsterdam the following day but I don't think we will have any time to shop for chocolate. What month were you in Bruges? We will be there in early June so hopefully it won't be very warm. But temperature brings up a good point, I don't imagine chocolates will fare any better with varying temperatures in the shipping process than being carried around by me for three weeks. Maybe not the best gift idea...Has anyone shipped chocolate back to the states and if so, what condition was it in when it arrived?

Roseann

Leonidas, perhaps?

That's it :D

We did not like that one as much as some of the others we tried

Roseann

I think it was July so that would explain the heat

I think some shops would ship it for you they have signs in the shop window if they do

Some of the smaller shops have good handmade ones ...you cannot really go wrong with any of them

;)

I wish I was going with you :(

Lyn