Aftermath of Concordia

TiogaCruiser

I believe it was in Captain Albert's blog recently that there was mention of special crew drills to assist the mobility impaired.

This is one more reason to follow captain/crew instructions to return to cabins if made at a proper time. Otherwise, how would a person needing crew assistance rondevous with those with the experience and equipment to help?

Of course captain schetinno didn't bother to take command and make those proper assessments, decisions and announcements.

I believe it was in Captain Albert's blog recently that there was mention of special crew drills to assist the mobility impaired.

This is one more reason to follow captain/crew instructions to return to cabins if made at a proper time. Otherwise, how would a person needing crew assistance rondevous with those with the experience and equipment to help?

Of course captain schetinno didn't bother to take command and make those proper assessments, decisions and announcements.

Crew generally take 4 hours per week of training in their emergency duties, in addition to the crew drills, whether this is fire fighting or assisting mobility impaired guests.

As I've stated in other threads on the Concordia, while I have misgivings about international crew training as a whole (USCG requires far more training of all officers, staff, and crew on US ships), but people died on the Concordia for one reason: Schettino did not muster the passengers when he should have. Not only does this get the passengers where they need to be, and able to be counted, but it gets the entire crew mobilized to their emergency stations, including the special needs teams.